949 users online (162 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - San Antonio's Buddy the Dog saved from euthanization, at least temporarily

San Antonio's Buddy the Dog saved again — for now. (San Antonio Express-News)
    SAN ANTONIO — The life of Buddy the Dog was at least temporarily spared Friday.

Only three days after city attorneys pushed to have the dog immediately put down, they reached an agreement with the attorneys for Buddy's owners, promising not to “euthanize or otherwise harm” Buddy while his owners pursue an appeal of a ruling that the dog be euthanized because he reportedly attacked a girl in November.

The girl's parents say Buddy bit her on the face and that the attack was unprovoked.

Buddy's owners contend the girl screamed in his face and frightened him. They also say he scratched her face, but didn't bite her.

Friday marked a major reversal of course for the city.

The shift seems at least partly due to public outcry over an apparent rush by Animal Care Services to put Buddy to death.
    ---
    much more, with pics of Buddy, at the link

That is one FAT and pampered house dog. He didn't "attack" anyone (that would require running and effort and such).

For anyone to say that dog is a "danger to the public" is a joke.

[
    Sonya610;10120908]That is one FAT and pampered house dog. He didn't "attack" anyone (that would require running and effort and such).

For anyone to say that dog is a "danger to the public" is a joke
    Yes, but you know how vicious those Golden Retrievers are-(Heavy sarcasm)

I believe the kid got in his face. I caught a couple of our neighborhood brats
    tormenting a cat the other day, throwing rocks at it while it huddled in the bushes.

One of the kids was home alone, typical, and I told the others mother who said "we don't like cats", oh well then. I told her I didn't like her kid, was it OK if I threw rocks at him?

So many kids can do anything now and their parents will always take their side. And no, of course I was not serious about throwing rocks at the kid, I was trying to make point.

Can you all sign my petition to #SaveBuddy
    http://bit.ly/1gmlEFy

It would be great if you could share it on Facebook and Twitter too with the hashtag #SaveBuddy

Thanks!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ed-5150121.php

The headline says he was released.

Alamo rally for Buddy

Animal activists turn out in support of Buddy the dog at Shrine of Texas Liberty. (SA Express-News)
    Buddy's owner Homer Mojica did not attend the rally but said by phone he was glad the rally brought attention to the plight of his dog. But now Mojica is caught in a dilemma.

“The people at the apartment complex where I live are not willing to let him come back,” Mojica said. “I would have to move. I don't know what I'm going to do.”

Freedom for Buddy the Dog imminent. (San Antonio Express-News)