830 users online (125 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Destiny Vican, 12, East Harlem, 10 Jan 2014

Destiny Vican

Destiny Vican, 12, was last seen inside of her East Harlem, New York home at 2170 Lexington Ave. on Friday, January 10th, 2014 at about 7:30 pm. Destiny is a Hispanic female 5' 9", weighs in at 150 lbs, with curly black hair and tanned skin. It should be noted that even though she is a resident of East Harlem, she was reported missing in Manhattan, New York.

Please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or the Crime Stoppers website at http://www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting tips to CRIMES[274637] and entering TIP577.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...239755481.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She was last seen wearing a pink, waist length coat, and tan slacks.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...-in-manhattan/

So, was she leaving her home?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrisenow View Post
    You'd think so, but honestly, it doesn't say. I mean how do you disappear while you're in your own home unless you leave or are kidnapped. Strange indeed.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It would be interesting to know more about the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Destiny Vican

Destiny Vican, 12, was last seen inside of her East Harlem, New York home at 2170 Lexington Ave. on Friday, January 10th, 2014 at about 7:30 pm. Destiny is a Hispanic female 5' 9", weighs in at 150 lbs, with curly black hair and tanned skin. It should be noted that even though she is a resident of East Harlem, she was reported missing in Manhattan, New York.

Please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or the Crime Stoppers website at http://www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting tips to CRIMES[274637] and entering TIP577.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...239755481.html
    The height and weight is that of an adult female. I hope she has not come into harmful circumstances.
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

Oh, what a beautiful young girl! I hope she is OK.

What makes me wonder is why was she reported missing in Manhattan? ...Does that mean she was last seen in Manhattan, which is contrary of where the report says she was last seen. I'm know there are more NUGGETs of info that will clear this up more, I hope.

I stand corrected on that. East Harlem is in Manhattan. Goes to show you how much I know about New York...other than the great food..so I hear.
    Last edited by los2188; 01-11-2014 at 11:22 PM.

East Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by ucralum View Post
    East Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan.
    That's right. There are five boroughs in NYC: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan, not its own borough.

Even though many people think of "Manhattan" as being everything on the island below Harlem, Manhattan actually includes everything up until the Bronx. This includes Harlem and Washington Heights, even though those neighborhoods aren't necessarily what we think of when we think of "Manhattan" as far as in popular culture.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

As a native NY'er it was humorous to see Harlem being put someplace other than in Manhattan!
    Hope she is found soon, though the weather is not a concern tonight - it is almost spring like. You can get pretty far pretty quick in NYC by public transportation. I wonder if she has a BF? 12 sounds so young, but 5'9" sounds like she may have matured very early?
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    The height and weight is that of an adult female. I hope she has not come into harmful circumstances.
    I completely agree. The picture looks like she could be a high school or even college graduate. It's really a curse for girls who aren't even teens yet to look like adults - puts them in so much danger.

Prayers she is safe and will be returned home.

I was close to her height and weight at 12. It was rough, I stuck out like a sore thumb in my class photos and on the playground. I was taller than all the girls and all but two of the boys. I was teased mercilessly and I used to hate it but have since learned to love it. I wouldn't take an inch off of my height now. I can usually see pretty well in a crowd, never have to have skirts/pants hemmed (although I do often have to buy the "tall" sizes), and there aren't that many guys that are shorter than me in flats. Plus my hubby is 6' tall and he's the only guy that matters anyhow.

It is rough to look older....on the positive side, though, women of her height are often easier to spot/don't blend in as easily. Hopefully someone will spot her somewhere and she will be home soon.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

I wish I were 5' 9"....sniff...sniff...can I borrow about 3 inches of height...please?

Nothing new? No updates or anything??

WHY no news??? I can't find an article more recent than two days ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast