GA GA - Glynn Co., BlkFem UP11101, 26-42, in woods near I-95, Aug'90

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11101

Black Female, 26-42

Found in Wooded area off the canal road, running parallel to I95. Glynn Co. on 8/16/1990.

Height: 5'3"

Clothing:

Blue, pullover short sleeve shirt, size medium, with white/tan horizontal stripes 1" apart & collar. Blue/gray Lands End slacks with 27" waist.

Other items found with body:
Brown leather belt with plastic, jewel-like studs. Photos of belt in Images screen.

harley_michelle2.jpg

I think she looks a lot like Michelle Harley:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harley_michelle.html

Michelle's a little young and taller, so I know those are drawbacks.

The timeline is close enough. The clothing is not the same, but the style sounds right (does that make sense? lol.)

Michelle's car VIN hit for a car part in a salvage yard in Maryland, and this would be headed in that direction. The UID was found in wooded area off canal road running parallel to I-95, which would make sense as well.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
Brown leather belt with plastic, jewel-like studs. Photos of belt in Images screen.
Near the Body

Clothing
Blue, pullover short sleeve shirt, size medium, with white/tan horizontal stripes 1" apart & collar. Blue/gray Lands End slacks with 27" waist.
On the Body

Clothing
Near the Body

some photos
Original

Original

This Doe is listed on the Trans Doe Task Force website among cases of UIDs who may have been trans or gender variant. Any ideas why?

Going by clothing, the description of their shirt and pants sounds masculine but the jeweled belt looks feminine. I don't think this outfit would've been too unusual for a woman in the 80s/90s, so I don't get the impression that they were necessarily trying to present as male, although of course it's possible.

Going by clothing, the description of their shirt and pants sounds masculine but the jeweled belt looks feminine. I don't think this outfit would've been too unusual for a woman in the 80s/90s,

Sounds like casual attire to me. I identify as female, wore that type (and brand) of clothing then and now. Maybe the belt is not related (?).

Going by clothing, the description of their shirt and pants sounds masculine but the jeweled belt looks feminine
Doe Network lists the shirt as a men's shirt. The rest of the clothing don't have any gender labels listed on DN

109UFGA - Unidentified Female​

109UFGA.jpg
109UFGA1.jpg
109UFGABelt.jpg
109UFGABelt1.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg

Reconstructed Images of Victim. Photos of victim's belt

Date of Discovery: August 16, 1990
Location of Discovery: Glynn County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1990
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 18-25 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2" - 5'4", estimated
Weight: 110 - 115 lbs., estimated
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The autopsy revealed that she had given birth at some point. NamUs lists her estimated age at 26-42 years.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Several of her teeth had been pulled.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Men's blue pullover short-sleeved, collared Sears shirt with white/tan horizontal stripes 1" apart, size medium; blue/gray Land's End slacks, 27" waist; brown leather belt with plastic jewel-like studs (see photos).
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

A man walking in the woods of a private hunting club found the decedent's scattered bones in thick underbrush 37 feet away from Canal Road, roughly 1 1/2 miles from Exit 8 of Interstate 95, leading to Golden Isles Parkway.

The woman's body had apparently been dumped at the site, probably by someone who pulled off I-95 then turned down the first accessible dirt road, Canal Road.

Her body was deposited in the woods between June 16, 1990 and June 27, 1990.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Glynn County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Lt. Mike Mistisshen
Agency Phone Number: 912-554-7803
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: S90-3915

Agency Name: Georgia Bureau of Investigation-Decatur
Agency Contact Person: Ashley Garrish, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 404-270-8151
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U-443109119