1531 users online (312 members and 1219 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Here is the link to a request to Knox via her PR Firm to answer Sixteen Questions. It's a good read.
    http://grahamwphillips.com/2014/01/1...iew-questions/

<modsnip>

This link is one of the questions:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4549...mate-says.html
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 01-13-2014 at 10:04 AM.

This is a good article to read. It has all sorts of interesting information. For example, it seems to say that Filomina and friends arrived before the Postal Police. When was the phone call to the Carabinieri made and when did Filomina arrive? Were Filomina and friends at the cottage when the Postal Police arrived ... I thought the pair was alone. So, when Filomina says that "by that time Italian Police Officers had arrived, the Carabinieri had arrived? I can't remember ... did the six witnesses and two Postal Police have to stand around waiting for the arrival of the Carabinieri?

"By then Miss Romanelli and other students had tried to enter Miss Kercher's bedroom but had found the door to be locked.

The court has heard that Miss Knox assured them that was normal, claiming that Meredith would often lock the door, even when she went for a shower.

But Miss Romanelli disputed this, saying Miss Kercher only locked her door when she left the house.

Eventually Miss Romanelli's boyfriend, Luca Altieri, decided to kick the door in.

By that time Italian police officers had arrived, having been alerted that something was wrong when two mobile phones belonging to Miss Kercher were found dumped in a nearby garden."

What does everyone make of the somewhat separation of Sollecito from Knox in defense closing statements? Bongiorno points out that her client is not mentioned in relation to Knox's slander statements, her client was not there, the prosecution has tunnel vision, the translator was incompetent, 45 days on the bra clasp means contamination is possible. She doesn't address the knife because she doesn't have to. That's evidence of Knox, and we know she was in his apartment.

Is it Maori that orates next? Do I have the name right? Is this another of Sollecito's lawyers? I think Sollecito's may be somewhat disappointed in his lawyer's court presentation (see latest Frank Svarzo article), where she was wielding knifes and being dramatic. Stereotypically, Italians are known for being dramatic, but not in a knife wielding way. She could have made her point without the acting.

Did Knox's lawyer close yet? Is that Maori?

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post

[modsnip]

sure, if one only wants to continue to believe in and spread lies. i count at least a 1/2 dozen...

didn't john kercher work for the telegraph?
    Last edited by Salem; 01-13-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Not necessary.
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

MichaelSmith: The mental gymnastics being performed here is incredible. Strange to me is someone getting a sex change operation not a teenager doing a harmless prank.

Rudy Guede was a burglar and unemployed criminal lowlife known for bothering girls and stealing their purses and was on a 6 week crime spree leading up to the murder including a b&e via second story window breaking it with a rock just like at the cottage.

That's ignored or excuses made for years and it's all irrelevant and him murdering Meredith on his own is just a "theory" even though his DNA was inside her, on her bra, bag, and clothes and his foot and handprints in her blood. When caught he said Amanda wasn't involved and some mystery Italian dude he could barely describe did it while he sat on the toilet.

But Amanda admits doing a prank with some friends like god knows how many school and college kids do growing up and hey presto...an absurd conspiracy theory has been proven and they teamed up with the virtual stranger to play a prank on a friend which somehow lead to her getting slaughtered and raped and then incredibly, staged as well to look exactly like Guede's MO while he went out dancing.

Good grief!
    yep.

amanda's non-criminal april fool's prank is considered evidence of murder, while rudy's criminal burglaries are not...
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Here is the link to a request to Knox via her PR Firm to answer Sixteen Questions. It's a good read.

<modsnip>

This link is one of the questions:

Something tells me he won't be hearing back from her anytime soon after sending these sort of tweets to her.

GrahamWPhillips ‏@BritinUkraine 30 Dec
    @amamaknox Welcome to Twitter, you murdering *****. #amandaknox #meredithkercher

@KrisArnason @justmart As anyone who knows Knox knows, she is devoid of any of the feelings we associate with humanity. So, typical Knox.

GrahamWPhillips ‏@BritinUkraine 4 Jan
    @joe_starr Who needs innuendo?? @amamaknox is a murdering whore, pure and simple. #amandaknox

@joe_starr @amamaknox Just saying it as it is Joe, why use fancy terms for scum like Knox? #amandaknox

https://twitter.com/BritinUkraine
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 01-13-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSmith View Post
    Something tells me he won't be hearing back from her anytime soon after sending these sort of tweets to her.

@amamaknox Welcome to Twitter, you murdering *****. #amandaknox #meredithkercher

@KrisArnason @justmart As anyone who knows Knox knows, she is devoid of any of the feelings we associate with humanity. So, typical Knox.

@joe_starr Who needs innuendo?? @amamaknox is a murdering whore, pure and simple. #amandaknox

@joe_starr @amamaknox Just saying it as it is Joe, why use fancy terms for scum like Knox? #amandaknox
    So, basically, a mentally unstable guy posing as journalist harasses Amanda.

Nothing new. Why is this news again?

I was reading about the strangulation today. It sounds like someone put hands over her mouth and nose, making it almost impossible to breath, and she struggled. The prosecution theory seems to be that it's possible that during that struggle she was pushed, or she moved into, a knife. This is only possible if there is more than one perpetrator. We have only two hands, but to cover her mouth and nose, wield a knife and stab her, and restrain her hands (no defensive wounds) ... does anyone know the angle of how she was stabbed with the large knife? Is there an autopsy illustration?
    There was an illustration showing the deadly wound (a drawing graphic) which I saw recently - will try and find it.

What struck me as odd is that the position of the wound did not look like what you would aim at if you were deliberately trying to slash someone's throat. It was positioned under the chin and jaw, toward the left ear, and up high, not down on the throat where you would cut if aiming to cut someone's throat - really seemed like this to me.

Will try and find it (it was a Hendry picture). ETA: here it is : see thumbnail
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SMK; 01-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    I understand the confusion because this is an error. First he says the stomach empties in 2-3 hours, but gastric emptying starts fairly quickly. Then he is supposed to have said that death occurred in 2-3 hours after eating.
    What do you mean by this "supposed"? It is what he testified, he said at most 2-3 hours.

It happens that the forensic pathology literature agrees with that, as the quotes I gave in previous thread prove. Start of gastric emptying may be delayed on rare occasions, that's why 2-3 hours after meal is the reasonable limit forensic literature agrees upon.

2-3 hours since the pizza meal matches best 9pm, the moment Meredith came home and was ambushed by the burglar Guede.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    There was an illustration showing the deadly wound (a drawing graphic) which I saw recently - will try and find it.

What struck me as odd is that the position of the wound did not look like what you would aim at if you were deliberately trying to slash someone's throat. It was positioned under the chin and jaw, toward the left ear, and up high, not down on the throat where you would cut if aiming to cut someone's throat - really seemed like this to me.

Will try and find it (it was a Hendry picture). ETA: here it is : see thumbnail
    It's a good observation. The reason that comes to mind is that the short 8cm switchblade Guede used was not really suitable for slashing, but perfect for stabbing. The main wound consists of multiple full depth stabbing/sawing motions into the same opening.

What does everyone make of the somewhat separation of Sollecito from Knox in defense closing statements? Bongiorno points out that her client is not mentioned in relation to Knox's slander statements, her client was not there, the prosecution has tunnel vision, the translator was incompetent, 45 days on the bra clasp means contamination is possible. She doesn't address the knife because she doesn't have to. That's evidence of Knox, and we know she was in his apartment.

Is it Maori that orates next? Do I have the name right? Is this another of Sollecito's lawyers? I think Sollecito's may be somewhat disappointed in his lawyer's court presentation (see latest Frank Svarzo article), where she was wielding knifes and being dramatic. Stereotypically, Italians are known for being dramatic, but not in a knife wielding way. She could have made her point without the acting.

Did Knox's lawyer close yet? Is that Maori?
    I noticed the separation as well. I guess it's extra protection "in case".

Yes, Luca Maori is a Sollecito lawyer - the 9th was taken up with the Sollecito defense team's summation, and Knox's defense closing was the last court date prior.

The prosecution and civils closed as well - nothing left but the rebuttals on the 20th, and deliberation and verdict on the 30th now.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I noticed the separation as well. I guess it's extra protection "in case".

Yes, Luca Maori is a Sollecito lawyer - the 9th was taken up with the Sollecito defense team's summation, and Knox's defense closing was the last court date prior.

The prosecution and civils closed as well - nothing left but the rebuttals on the 20th, and deliberation and verdict on the 30th now.
    My impression was Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda. She talked about internalized false confessions, etc. She addressed the knife. Nobody, including the lawyers thinks a guilty verdict for one but not the other is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    What do you mean by this "supposed"? It is what he testified, he said at most 2-3 hours.

It happens that the forensic pathology literature agrees with that, as the quotes I gave in previous thread prove. Start of gastric emptying may be delayed on rare occasions, that's why 2-3 hours after meal is the reasonable limit forensic literature agrees upon.

2-3 hours since the pizza meal matches best 9pm, the moment Meredith came home and was ambushed by the burglar Guede.
    Because it contradicts the earlier quote. Either Massei or Dr. Lalli is not clear. The literature says 20 minutes is normal. Not 2-3 hours. Everybody eats several times a day, and everybody knows that there is nothing normal about walking around with a full stomach for 3 hours. The literature agrees with me. I just gave the link. If you have such a delay you should go see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    Because it contradicts the earlier quote. Either Massei or Dr. Lalli is not clear. The literature says 20 minutes is normal. Not 2-3 hours.
    Lalli didn't say 2-3 hours is normal or the average. There is an interval that is possible. He said death at most 2-3 hours after the meal. The literature I quoted says the same.

Which quote does it contradict? There was no contradiction in Lalli's testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Lalli didn't say 2-3 hours is normal or the average. There is an interval that is possible. He said death at most 2-3 hours after the meal. The literature I quoted says the same.

Which quote does it contradict? There was no contradiction in Lalli's testimony.
    Yes, I already gave it.
    He also stated that while it takes 2-3 hours for emptying to take place, ‚when it starts the emptying is fairly quick, when food has reached ...that semi-liquid or fluid aspect... emptying happens quickly‛ (page 32, transcripts).
    3 Hours is not fairly quick so there is a contradiction. Dr Lalli says that death is 2-3 hours after the meal because otherwise the stomach would be empty. Either he makes a mistake to not include the empty duodenum in this reasoning or he is misquoted by Massei.

'Fairly quick' is the 20 minutes that I pointed out, and there is no reason to assume that Meredith has some kind of rare disease. At 6pm everything is normal and whatever she ate would digest just normally reaching the duodenum within 20 minutes just like with most other people on the planet when they eat.

ETA: I should add that dr Lalli might have realized that the duodenum being 'empty' was not totally reliable as also pointed out in the Massei report.
    Last edited by sherlockh; 01-13-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast