1095 users online (237 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    If someone was pulling at her bra from behind trying to tear it, then suddenly cut it, she would be propelled forward toward the knife perhaps.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Myvice View Post
    If someone was pulling at her bra from behind trying to tear it, then suddenly cut it, she would be propelled forward toward the knife perhaps.
    That's true. And it is also true that if she were being restrained and suddenly pulled loose it might happen as well.

She had bruises on the inside of the elbow area, on both arms, as though her arms had been held behind her back. (This is one of the features which made some experts believe in multiple attackers: One would need 3 hands to pin someone's arms back that strongly, while holding a knife to them at the same time. MOO )

A long swath of Meredith's hair also lay, among other long strands , in the pooled blood where her body had lain, indicating violent hair pulling , and there was injury to the back area of the scalp as well. It's as if she ran forward and then was yanked back by her hair. Truly a violent and terrible struggle, no matter how it went down.....

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    Yes, I already gave it.

3 Hours is not fairly quick so there is a contradiction. Dr Lalli says that death is 2-3 hours after the meal because otherwise the stomach would be empty. Either he makes a mistake to not include the empty duodenum in this reasoning or he is misquoted by Massei.
    I think the mistake is on your side.

The stomach empties into the duodenum. Lalli said that ToD is at most 2-3 hours from the meal because the stomach was full and there was nothing yet in the duodenum. I.e. the emptying hadn't started yet.

As I quoted before, no gastric emptying into duodenum occurs post mortem.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    She had bruises on the inside of the elbow area, on both arms, as though her arms had been held behind her back. (This is one of the features which made some experts believe in multiple attackers: One would need 3 hands to pin someone's arms back that strongly, while holding a knife to them at the same time. MOO )

A long swath of Meredith's hair also lay, among other long strands , in the pooled blood where her body had lain, indicating violent hair pulling , and there was injury to the back area of the scalp as well. It's as if she ran forward and then was yanked back by her hair. Truly a violent and terrible struggle, no matter how it went down.....
    bbm part is wrong. She had bruises on one elbow.

If she was knocked out or dazed because of the hit to the head, there would be no need to restrain her during stabbing. Of course the slight bruises on her arm could indicate someone grabbed her to forcefully drag her or turn her around.

That's true. And it is also true that if she were being restrained and suddenly pulled loose it might happen as well.

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize her hair had been pulled. That seems much more like a female thing to do IMO. So does scratching someone on the neck, as in Amanda's scratch under her chin.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    bbm part is wrong. She had bruises on one elbow.

If she was knocked out or dazed because of the hit to the head, there would be no need to restrain her during stabbing. Of course the slight bruises on her arm could indicate someone grabbed her to forcefully drag her or turn her around.
    I had always understood it to be both inner elbows. Where is that information?

I had always understood it to be both inner elbows. Where is that information?
    In Massei and in Lalli's testimony on Amanda's blog.

In Massei and in Lalli's testimony on Amanda's blog.
    On IIP, Hendry's synopsis of Lalli's examination says, notable bruise markings were noted to both elbow regions.

Just making a note for future reference here:

Dr. Lalli's pathology exam also noted bruising to the hips and to the right leg. This bruising was not noticeable in the first crime scene photos (bruising sometimes takes hours to show ).

On IIP, Hendry's synopsis of Lalli's examination says, notable bruise markings were noted to both elbow regions.
    I guess it's Hendry's mistake. Lalli's testimony is more clear about it.

I guess it's Hendry's mistake. Lalli's testimony is more clear about it.
    I don't think so, but I'll check.

I wager Hendry as a retired expert professional is too meticulous to have such an error standing on his site for years.

Can you kindly give me the pp #s where Dr. Lalli notes this?

It appears in this Ground Report piece as well, : "She was bruised on both elbows"

http://groundreport.com/the-murder-of-meredith-kercher/

I don't think so, but I'll check.

I wager Hendry as a retired expert professional is too meticulous to have such an error standing on his site for years.

Can you kindly give me the pp #s where Dr. Lalli notes this?

It appears in this Ground Report piece as well, : "She was bruised on both elbows"

http://groundreport.com/the-murder-of-meredith-kercher/

Massei reports:

The presence of two relatively slight areas of bruising, with scarce colouring and barely noticeable, were detected in the region of the elbow.

Lalli says about the same on page 16 of his testimony.

I couldn't find any court source stating both arms were bruised.

Massei reports:

The presence of two relatively slight areas of bruising, with scarce colouring and barely noticeable, were detected in the region of the elbow.

OK, duly noted. I didn't have access to the Massei document in the past, and had taken Hendry for a sound source.

Massei reports:

Hendry really badly misrepresents this.

Hendry really badly misrepresents this.
    In the Massei Report, page 122 mentions injuries to the right elbow, and page 136 mentions injuries to the left elbow.

http://www.westseattleherald.com/sit...ranslation.pdf

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast