1126 users online (179 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings, 4, & Greg Hutchings, 35, NSW, 11 Jan 2014 #1

This has been all over the news and Facebook this morning. I hope they find them quickly.

A father and daughter have been reported missing from NSW's north coast after they failed to meet up with family members.

Greg Hutchings, 35, and his four-year-old daughter, Eeva Dorendahl, were last seen on Pottsville Road at Pottsville about 12.30 pm (AEDT) Saturday.

Police say the pair were due to meet family in the area about midday but never arrived.

Family hold serious concerns for the pair's welfare.

Greg is described as Caucasian, about 175cm tall, with short brown curly hair and of a thin build.

Eeva is described as Caucasian, with long blonde hair, blue eyes and of a thin build.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ughter-missing

Timeline, Media, Maps

Missing Persons Poster
    Last edited by KateB; 05-04-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

A GROUND search has resumed for a father and daughter who have gone missing on the far north NSW coast.
    Greg Hutchings, 35, and his four-year-old daughter, Eeva Dorendahl, were last seen on Pottsville Road in Pottsville about 12.30pm (AEDT) on Saturday.
    Police say the pair were due to meet family in the area about midday but never arrived.
    It's believed they do not have access to a car, and family members hold serious concerns for their welfare.
    Eeva had been staying at her father's house at Pottsville but was due to return home to her mother at Kin Kin on the Sunshine Coast, and they sent a text to say they were on their way, the ABC reported on Monday.
    "Obviously the mother is distraught at this time and his family are also concerned but we're making every effort to contact anybody he knows in the area and we need the assistance of the public to help locate the father and his four-year-old daughter," Acting Inspector Warwick Rhodes told ABC radio.
    A police spokeswoman said the ground search for the father and daughter was continuing on Monday morning.

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...-1226800313566

Saw this on facebook. It worries me, not as a parental abduction but more along the lines of accepting a lift from the wrong person perhaps?

Missing father and daughter: search under way on NSW far north coast

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ar-north-coast
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Far more likely that they've had an accident and run off the road somewhere.

I hope they are found soon, its so hot here and getting hotter.

Eta: it seems they didn't have a car...were they hitching?!
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

So many questions...

What a worry...

It is unusual that the police have released a picture so fast if it is a custody issue- they must have worries. It is hot today!

It sounds like mum was in town to pick the child up after a visit with dad. Dad seen walking with the little girl, but failed to arrive. Doesn't feel like a custody issue to me at the moment. I hope they are both ok.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-1...ughter/5196234

Here is a map of Pottsville, NSW Australia... and the surrounding area..

https://maps.google.com/

ETA...Oops... I think I messed up... Will try to fix when I have access to my other computer...

But... You can still type in "Pottsville, NSW Australia to Kin Kin, Sunshine Coast, Australia"... And see the distance between Pottsville and mom's house...

sorry...

ETA... Now it is working for Pottsville...
    Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 01-12-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: ETA... Oops... Sorry....now ok for Pottsville...

This does not sound good - that's quite a few days to be missing in this kind of heat. I'm seriously hoping they weren't hitching.

A lot of people do hitch up here in the Northern Rivers - it freaks me out every time I pass a hitchhiker (especially a lone female!). Obviously the people hitching haven't read all the books and threads that we WSer's have!!

Unhappy

A 3 hour drive....but he didn't have a car....

I'm wondering how LE can be so positive that this has nothing to do with the father taking off with the daughter? Even if there's no history of custody disputes, I still wonder how they can be that certain.

Different situations can trigger different responses in people and it's not that uncommon for all to be fine until the woman meets a new man - then custody of the child can indeed become an issue as all sorts of emotions are triggered in the ex-partner.......

They set off for a 3 hour WALK???
    Did Mom know that Dad would be walking three hours with the 4 year old?
    I would think she would have offered to bring the child back and forth under those circumstances.

Do we know what the relationship is between Mom and Dad?

Locals: Is there anywhere along that route they could be SAFE? Or is it desolate the whole way?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-1...ughter/5196234

On Saturday, they set off for a walk to meet her mother but never showed up.

Maybe I am not understanding correctly... But...

It seemed to me that the mom (who lives in Kin Kin) was to meet dad and child in Pottsville... Where dad lives...

I thought he was just walking through Pottsville (along Pottsville road) to the place they were to meet .....in Pottsville...

JMO

It depends on which article you read I guess?
    I hope that is the case, it certainly would be more reasonable!

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast