670 users online (78 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman sues her lawyers for not telling her that a divorce ends her marriage

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-9051550.html

A British woman attempted to sue her former lawyers for professional negligence, claiming that, alongside a number of other allegations, they failed to advise that finalising divorce proceedings would inevitably cause her marriage to end.
    Well, duh...

Next she's going to sue them for not telling her that she'll get wet if she goes out in the rain.

I wonder if anyone ever sued those people who manufacture freezers for not warning people that if you put food in there it gets too cold and too hard to eat.

So what exactly did she think the definition of "divorce" was?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

I wonder what her ulterior motive is as to why she wants the marriage to still be valid? Could it be financial, meaning that she wants money or benefits that she would have been entitle to as a wife? Or could it be personal, meaning that ex-hubby has moved on and she wants to interfere in that?

I bet ex hubby is thanking his lucky starts now that he is legally free of this woman.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    I wonder what her ulterior motive is as to why she wants the marriage to still be valid? Could it be financial, meaning that she wants money or benefits that she would have been entitle to as a wife? Or could it be personal, meaning that ex-hubby has moved on and she wants to interfere in that?

I bet ex hubby is thanking his lucky starts now that he is legally free of this woman.
    Her motivation was that as Roman Catholic she was not supposed to get divorced. What she wanted (or thought was getting) was a judicial separation, so being effectively divorced but still married on paper. I know it is hard to believe that anyone could be so na´ve, but that is the argument she was making.