GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

TexasGiGi

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I haven't started a thread before and was unsure of myself.

I've been following a facebook page for this little girl for several days but couldn't find anything in the news at all until today. There isn't much being released yet at this point.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/coll...-2-year-olds-death-as-homicide-239990041.html

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24436096/two-year-old-girl-dead-face-may-have-been-duct-taped-shut

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/01/13/cps-investigating-plano-toddlers-death/

I lied, I have started a thread but only in the jury room...

ETA: Timeline/media thread here: Grace Ford, 2 years old, suffocated, 9 Jan 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From the comments below the article it states it was the result of a home invasion and the babysitter was beat unconscious too. Not the result of child abuse.

This is so sad. RIP sweet baby girl.

It seems odd that LE is waiting until they get all the information from the medical examiner before they proceed. It doesn't say the babysitter is in a coma, so I presume she could tell them what the attacker looked like? Why not publicize a description of this person? I am not saying that the parents are involved, but it doesn't look to me, like LE has completely cleared them. Could they be completely innocent, yet LE is still suspicious, of course.

Now, if this was an intruder....could the babysitter have been targeted? Also, did the intruder put duct tape over Grace's mouth to keep her quiet, or was he intending to kill her? It sounds weird to use two completely different murder methods for victims in the same crime. And IDK it seems a bit unusual for someone to break into an apartment, presuming that no one is home, and then beat the babysitter, and smother the 2-year-old. It just seems very personal to me.

I am also curious to know whether the intruder bought the duct tape with him, or if he found it in the house. I also want to know whether each unit had designated parking spots, and whether the babysitter was parked in the spot(s) for Grace's family.

I just feel like LE is behaving odd if there is someone in Plano who is breaking into homes, and murdering/attempting to murder whoever is inside, and they are going to wait until they get the autopsy back, before they proceed. Are they not worried this person could strike again in the meantime?

Hmm this is such a weird case. It appears as per the comments that it was a home invasion, however, something just doesn't ring true in this case. Maybe it's just me and my untrusting nature.

RIP little one.

If the intruder only wanted to keep Grace quiet, wouldn't he have to tie her hands too? I feel like being almost 3 is old enough to know how to take tape off your mouth. Even if it isn't, I feel like the person could be nervous that it would be, and tie her hands anyway. It's possible that they were tied, and there are not telling us, of course. On the FB page, it says her entire face was taped. That makes it sound like this person was intending to kill Grace.

The third article says child protection confirmed they are investigating the death? I don't think we're hearing the full story here. Rip, little angel.

“There’s probably as much inaccuracy as I’ve seen accuracy [on social media],” he said. “My recommendation is don’t believe everything you hear on social media. I can tell you, as always, anytime we feel there is a danger to anyone in our public we will make them aware.”

Officer David Tilley, Plano Police Department spokesman.

I'm on my Nook so maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of a babysitter in the links provided, only in the comments. Am I missing something?

No, you didn't miss it. There isn't anything really being said officially. I sure would like to know what happened.

I think there will be an arrest, or we will never hear about this case again besides the few articles published on Monday.

It's only the family that is talking about the babysitter. Things that make you go hmmm

It's only the family that is talking about the babysitter. Things that make you go hmmm

If there is a babysitter, then why hasn't she given a description of the perp that they could make a sketch of and send to the media? This intruder sounds extremely dangerous, but LE is apparently fine with waiting until the autopsy comes back...

Also, in the articles, it says the media found out about the case through social media, and then contacted LE asking for details. So when was LE planning on telling the media that a 2-year-old girl was murdered? Oh BTW....

On the FB group, they are saying that Grace's visitation and funeral service is Friday and Saturday, so that means the autopsy will be done by then...

It doesn't seem like LE believes there was an intruder. Or maybe they already know who it was. But it looks like there would already be an arrest then. And why was there no report in the news even of a home invasion and beating of the babysitter, much less a murder until days later.

I hope we know something more soon. I want swift justice for this baby.

It doesn't seem like LE believes there was an intruder. Or maybe they already know who it was. But it looks like there would already be an arrest then. And why was there no report in the news even of a home invasion and beating of the babysitter, much less a murder until days later.

I hope we know something more soon. I want swift justice for this baby.

I think if they knew who did this, they would arrest him. They have an eyewitness to the crime.

The babysitter is the one thing that stops people from thinking the parents are involved. After all, what parent would beat up the babysitter and also kill their child? On the other hand, a little girl found with tape on her mouth/face...well a lot more people are going to suspect the parents. The babysitter allows the parents to not be home when this occurred too.

It would be very easy for LE to find out if the parents were at work that day. If there was an intruder, my guess is that one of the parents called home, didn't get an answer, and then decided to go and make sure everything was okay.

I would think the parents would be arrested by now if there was no babysitter. If you call 911, and your 2-year-old daughter has tape over her face, you better have an explanation.

Grace's family will be talking to the media today. It doesn't specify parents, so it could be any relatives

Tonight at 10 we'll hear more from the family and how grateful they are not only for the hospitality West Texas has shown them, but nation wide.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=53651

I am trying to see if that local channel has a livestream.

According to the Dallas Morning News, police are investigating Grace's death as a homicide, and say that her father called 911 the day she was found unconscious for a welfare check.

Okay...welfare check....sounds like when someone calls the police to go check on a relative. It's a really weird phrase to use if Grace's father was the one who discovered her. So maybe he was calling the home, babysitter's cell phone, no one is answering, so then he called the police to check out the house?

Grace's family will be talking to the media today. It doesn't specify parents, so it could be any relatives

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=53651

I am trying to see if that local channel has a livestream.

Okay...welfare check....sounds like when someone calls the police to go check on a relative. It's a really weird phrase to use if Grace's father was the one who discovered her. So maybe he was calling the home, babysitter's cell phone, no one is answering, so then he called the police to check out the house?

You know, I could be wrong, but I swear one of the original articles specified that the father called for a welfare check *from* the same address where the child was found. Could have been bad reporting, but I remember how odd that statement was. Off to look...

Here is is

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24436096/two-year-old-girl-dead-face-may-have-been-duct-taped-shut

"Police said they got a welfare concern call from the girl's father on Jan. 9 about 1:40 p.m. from his apartment in the 1500 block of J Place."

I think that statement is odd. Unless dad has a separate apartment in the very same building, the way it reads is that they got a "check welfare" call from the dad from the apartment where Gracie was killed. Afaik, the poster above is correct; a welfare concern call is typically someone calling police from off-premises, asking them to "check on so and so for such and such a reason (haven't heard from person, etc).

It's an odd statement, and I have a feeling the intruder angle is not going to pan out. Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back