712 users online (84 members and 628 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Ann Marie Ackerman, 37, Santee, Nov 2013

Ann Marie Ackerman

Ann Marie Ackerman, 37, was last seen in November at her apartment in Santee, California. Her family reported her missing to the Santee Sheriff's Station in late December. After ten days,the case was turned over to the Sheriff's Homicide Division. Ackerman has brown eyes, a mole on her right cheek and is 5' tall.

Please call the Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (858) 974-2321, ask for Detective Bill Anderson or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...240022001.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wow, seems she was missing for a long time before anyone noticed.

Last seen in November at her apartment, but not reported missing until late December. This doesn't sound good. Is this all the info anyone can provide? Hope she did not meet with foul play.

Deputies Investigate Santee Woman’s Disappearance
    Ann Marie Ackerman, 37, was last seen in November
    Monday, Jan 13, 2014 | Updated 5:39 PM PST
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...240022001.html

"Ackerman is described as 5-foot tall with brown eyes and a mole on her right check. She is known to visit East County and Imperial Beach, according to a missing person’s bulletin."

"Ten days after Ackerman was reported missing, her case was turned over to the Sheriff’s Department Homicide Unit."

So if she had an apartment it makes me question.
    Does she have a room mate?
    Does she pay the rent by herself?
    If she pays the rent by herself, does she have a job?
    Usually apt managers start making calls when rent is not paid, wonder if her rent was paid for Dec?
    This case seems very strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    So if she had an apartment it makes me question.
    Does she have a room mate?
    Does she pay the rent by herself?
    If she pays the rent by herself, does she have a job?
    Usually apt managers start making calls when rent is not paid, wonder if her rent was paid for Dec?
    This case seems very strange to me.
    Same questions I was asking myself to try to figure this out. I wonder if they investigated inside her apartment to see if there was a struggle or any clues. Did she own a car? There must be something more they can provide to help find her.

The local 10news did show a pic of missing Ann Marie, but weren't able to provide any further info. She has such pretty eyes.

Perhaps OT - The below article is probably not related, but the description of the woman sounds somewhat similar despite they say it doesn't match any reported missing person. It's very strange that yesterday it was a homicide, but today it's a "suspicious death".

Death of woman found with stab wounds near Birch Aquarium no longer believed to be homicide
    http://www.10news.com/news/woman-fal...-jolla01132014

"The woman, described as a heavy-set Hispanic in her 30s, had a jacket and purse with her, but carried no identification. No missing persons reports match her description, police said."

Missing Person Ann Marie Ackerman
    http://sdcrimestoppers.org/category/recent-cases/
    Last edited by Curious Me; 01-14-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Sorry, may have blown the margins.

Unhappy Poi

I knew Ann personally briefly last year, over a period of a few months. During this time Ann was in a relationship with someone with a history of drug addiction, domestic violence, and a criminal record. Ann was encouraged to leave this man, said she would, and then ended up marrying him. They are now divorced. A search of case records in San Diego Superior Court's Domestic Court will return 2 domestic violence cases, 1 from Ann and another from his ex-wife.

Our mutual friends told me that nobody knows where this guy is now, although an internet search says he's in Escondido. Who knows if that is true. However, I'm 99% certain that if Ann disappeared it is definitely foul play and this man is responsible.

There was an incident last year that made me fear for Ann's safety and I actually called 911. I've called the SDCS and left a message for the detective listed in the article, although I'm sure that they have already looked into this person.

Search operation for missing Santee woman

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24486727/s...g-santee-woman

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 10:00 PM EST
    Updated: Jan 17, 2014 10:00 PM EST

Short article at link

Quote Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
    I knew Ann personally briefly last year, over a period of a few months. During this time Ann was in a relationship with someone with a history of drug addiction, domestic violence, and a criminal record. Ann was encouraged to leave this man, said she would, and then ended up marrying him. They are now divorced. A search of case records in San Diego Superior Court's Domestic Court will return 2 domestic violence cases, 1 from Ann and another from his ex-wife.

Our mutual friends told me that nobody knows where this guy is now, although an internet search says he's in Escondido. Who knows if that is true. However, I'm 99% certain that if Ann disappeared it is definitely foul play and this man is responsible.

There was an incident last year that made me fear for Ann's safety and I actually called 911. I've called the SDCS and left a message for the detective listed in the article, although I'm sure that they have already looked into this person.
    Might be worth trying again...

Or via crimestoppers...

The good thing is this story is getting more attention now, so hopefully others will remember things the didn't realize were relevant, etc.

I'm so very sorry someone you know is missing!

According to Ann's family she has been found alive. They have not provided any other info, but I am just happy to hear she is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
    According to Ann's family she has been found alive. They have not provided any other info, but I am just happy to hear she is okay.
    Great news darkpassenger! There is nothing on MSM indicating she is found yet and she is still listed on Missing Persons of America. Hopefully the family will let LE, etc. know she has been found.

I work in Santee and didn't have a good feeling about this but so very happy she has been found!

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.c...-from-san.html
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.