TX TX - Houston, on I-10, BlkFem 25-35, UP4565, turquoise ring, clothes, Sep'76

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a recon for this Jane Doe a couple of years ago, but never posted it here. Today, Houston Mom asked me if I would do a recon for this Jane Doe so that she could post it on the Black & Missing site.

So I spent some time revising the one I had already done, and I figured that while I'm at it, I'll start a thread.

There are no circumstances listed, so the story behind this woman's death is pretty much unknown.

There aren't very many listed black females from 1976 and before, and I am pretty sure that we won't find her among the currently listed. But hopefully, someday this woman's family might take the step of listing her.

NamUs UP # 4565 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4565

090d7f78-8928-4a30-a8a5-2b5ac782da91.jpg

Unidentified Black Female
Found on September 30, 1976, in Harris County, Texas​

Vital Stats
Height: 5'8" (68 inches)
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Black, 7 inches long
Eye Color: Brown
Piercings: Right and Left ears x1​

Clothing
* Green Long Sleeve Turtleneck Sweater Size LARGE
* Blue Checkered Flannel Shirt Size Medium
* White Pullover Sweater Size Large
* Blue Jeans Size 33x32
* Pink Panties
* Brown Shoes Size 5M​

Jewelry
Earrings, Ring
* Silver Colored Earring
* 1 Ring with Turquoise Stone
* 1 Ring Without Stones​

Circumstances
Unknown​

Body Condition:
Recognizable face​

Identifiers:
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available​

Ohhh, such tiny feet! And as usual, excellent job on the recon, Carl.

I'm wondering *where* in Harris Co she was found. Frustratingly few details in this case. :banghead:

Oh, Rhonda is so beautiful. I don't know, though - the dates don't match. UID found in 1976 and Rhonda missing in 1977.

But we know how these things can be messed up when the data is entered incorrectly or memories are poor, so it could work out!

My first thought was such tiny feet. I checked her height, it would be unusual for someone as tall as her to wear a size 5. Could she be wearing men's size 5? That would make her be a ladies 7ish.

My first thought was such tiny feet. I checked her height, it would be unusual for someone as tall as her to wear a size 5. Could she be wearing men's size 5? That would make her be a ladies 7ish.

I think the shoes very well could be a mans size 5 because her pants are stated to be 32X32, not many women's brands measure like that.

That's a lot of tops listed for her, I wonder if she was actually wearing them all or maybe they are listed because they were in her possession like in a backpack or purse.

Love143, Here is the number to call in M. Phillips:

Agency Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Phone 713-796-6774

Margie L Phillips
Sorry I cant do a side by side.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1949dffl.html

I submitted your PM to Dr. D, she says she saw no consistencies.

This is a tough one. Like carlk said, there aren't many missing black women listed in 1976 or prior to 1976. I hope she has her name back someday. Poor woman, something must have truly frightened her for her to jump from a moving vehicle.

Carl's recon:
090d7f78-8928-4a30-a8a5-2b5ac782da91.jpg
Jennifer Joyce Barton:
M9811002.jpg

•Missing Since: May 16, 1976 from Austin, Travis County, Texas
•Classification: Endangered Missing
•Date Of Birth: May 31, 1955
•Height: 5'6-5'8"
•Weight: 120-140 lbs.
•Hair Color: Light brown.
•Eye Color: Brown
•Race: Black

Note: Jennifer has a mole above her lip and the decedent does not. The noses are different. However, the decedent was wearing a white metal earring and Jennifer is wearing white metal earrings in the photo. The height and weight are similar.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/barton_jennifer.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barton_jennifer.html

Alas, Jennifer Barton is on the rule-out list, as per NamUs.

Homeless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her being homeless almost makes sense to me, she was dressed in men's clothing, and sounds like her shoes were men's as well. That is a lot of clothing for this area in September, maybe she traveled from a state that was having cooler weather.

Pulled from climate spy:

In September 1976 the average high temperature in Houston, TX was 88.5°F, and this was 0.3°F warmer than the average of 88.1°F. The hottest day in September 1976 was 9 September when the temperature reached 99.0°F. Overnight the average temperature in September is 71.5°F and in 1976 the average overnight temperature was 0.3°F cooler at 71.2°F.

That would be a pretty normal outfit for outdoors in New England at the end of September. Though if she had come in from New England, I woudl think she would have taken her sweater off.

It doesn't say what kind of truck she jumped from; if she was riding in the open back of a pickup, it could have been pretty cool in back even if the weather was warm.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back