1016 users online (187 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Canada - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby ON, 13 Jan 2014 - #1

Jeffrey Boucher

Jeffrey Boucher is a 52 year old teacher at Bowmanville High School and an avid runner who has gone missing. He was last seen on Monday morning January, 13th, 2014 to go on a run. He never returned home. Normally, Boucher's daily runs go on for about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), but he does not keep to the same route. When he failed to return home, his wife contacted authorities, and a search was then ensued. Boucher is a white male, 6', he weighs 180 lbs, he has graying brown hair with brown eyes.

Please contact the Durham regional police at 1-888-579-1520.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/01/13/po...ng-whitby-man/
    Last edited by KateB; 04-18-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: replace photo link.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I hope that he has hurt himself (ie broken his leg or ankle) and that there is nothing more sinister going on here.

Hopefully today will bring some good news!

Hopefully he is found soon. Luckily temps have been a bit milder than they were last week.

With the freeze-thaw (temperatures here hovering around freezing) the sidewalks and pathways in the parks/ravines are still ice-packed. I wonder if he was running roads yesterday morning?

I am surprised that Mr. Boucher has not been found yet. I can only imagine that he has indeed fallen on ice and hurt himself and can't get up, but Whitby? He is in the suburbs, how far could he of gone?

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-look...itby-1.1638164

It is indeed extremely icy around here. Just walking dogs is treacherous, but I have seen many joggers around, mostly on main roads. The temps have been between freezing and slightly above for the past few days.

He left without his cellphone, so they can't ping his whereabouts. I imagine many joggers find it cumbersome to carry Then again, if there was an attempted robbery, he had nothing to give.

The helicopters were around and visible last night. Hopefully they will be out again today to aid in the search.

There is a conservation area nearby, with rapidly flowing icy water, but IMO it would have been too risky to try and run in such an icy area. Even side streets and park paths are very dangerous to walk on, very icy. There is a salt shortage here from our last ice storm, so that adds to the normal amount of expected winter ice.

If he chose one of the main roads, I really wonder if there was a hit/run and perhaps he was thrown off the road into brush or a ditch I drive through there almost daily, and I can imagine this happening easily. Taunton and Rossland are the roads I'm thinking of. Edited to add- I would hope that someone would have witnessed this, as people would be going to work/school at this time. However, lighting conditions would have been transitioning from dark to light, so he may have still been hard to see, and depending on which side of the road he was running on. I wasn't out there yesterday, so I cannot confirm if there was any fog or not, but there may have been slight fog. There was no fog around the time school started though. If he was running on a main road, it would have made more sense for him to be running on the south side of the road, because most traffic would have been on the north side, driving westbound. I usually drive opposite the main traffic, and at that time of day it is possible that there may not have been another car nearby to witness at that exact moment if he was there and hit. If this is the case, I hope he is just injured and will be found soon.

Edited again to add- Anderson Road/Conlin Road route is very popular for jogging. Very scenic and a lot less traffic than the main roads.

If he had slipped and fallen on icy on a normal route, then I would think that someone would have seen him by now. There are always students, joggers, and dog walkers around.

If they haven't had the police dogs out looking/sniffing for him yet, they need to get them involved now.

Where are you Jeff? The entire community wants you home safe.

Last edited by Hamsterdance; 01-14-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Totally agree Hamsterdance.

It’s dark at 6am and super icy everywhere. I can’t imagine a seasoned runner cutting through the conservation area during the work week when he was on a schedule. Apparently, he usually left at 6am and took 40 minutes to run 10 kilometres and then left for work around 7-ish.

They’ve got tracking dogs, a command post set up, and it sounds as if they’re putting every resource into finding him. Absolutely lovely comments about Mr. Boucher coming in from everyone.

I'm sure the police have already thought of the hit/run scenario, but I called it in just in case.

Adding:
    "Boucher is white, six feet tall and 180 pounds with short hair that is grey and white, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 1-888-579-1520 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-look...#ixzz2qOEI3ikl

Another link with info and videos:

http://www.680news.com/2014/01/14/po...ng-whitby-man/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-ont-1.2495617
    "Could this be a midlife crisis of some kind, where something bothered him at work, and he just wants to run away? I don't know," his wife said.

The police are using all-terrain vehicles and a K-9 unit to carry out the search. Members of the Ontario Volunteer Emergency Response Team (OVERT) joined the police search today and are concentrating their efforts on the Heber Downs Conservation Area in Whitby.

From Twitter KX98 New Country FM

Craig Smith ‏@KXCraig 1m
    Durham Police (@DRPS) will provide reporters an update at 1PM on the search for Whitby's Jeffrey Boucher.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-ont-1.2495617
    "Could this be a midlife crisis of some kind, where something bothered him at work, and he just wants to run away? I don't know," his wife said.

The police are using all-terrain vehicles and a K-9 unit to carry out the search. Members of the Ontario Volunteer Emergency Response Team (OVERT) joined the police search today and are concentrating their efforts on the Heber Downs Conservation Area in Whitby.
    Hmmm...kind of an odd thing to mention. Unless she KNEW something like that had been bothering him.

Quote Originally Posted by threecrazykids View Post
    Hmmm...kind of an odd thing to mention. Unless she KNEW something like that had been bothering him.
    I thought the same but maybe she is just grasping at straws. You are right though, odd. I hope he is ok.

Here is another news source with pics of the search.
    http://www.durhamregion.com/news-sto...disappearance/
    CLARINGTON/WHITBY -- Bowmanville High School students were buzzing with the news that teacher Jeffrey Boucher has been missing since his morning jog on Monday, Jan. 13. Students describe the geography and business teacher as even-keeled and well-liked, with a love of running and travel.

Quote Originally Posted by threecrazykids View Post
    I agree...that is an odd comment to make so early into a spouse's disappearance!
    Perhaps there were marital/financial problems.

It does seem a bit odd but given his job it doesn't surprise me that much. Y husband also works a really stressful job and it's something I would likely say in the same situation.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast