1274 users online (221 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Australia - Shaun Barker, 33, tortured & brutally murdered, Robina, Qld, 13 Dec 2013

Missing person, Robina

January 14, 2014

Police are appealing to members of the public to assist to locate a man missing from Robina since December 13.

Shaun Barker, 33-years of age, was last seen at a tavern on Ron Penhaligon Way. He has not been in touch with his friends or family since.

Police hold concerns for his welfare as this behaviour is out of character.

He is described as Caucasian, around 175cm tall, with a solid build, blue eyes and a shaved head.

Police urge anyone who may have seen Shaun to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/goldcoast...person-robina/

Grave concerns for Robina man Shaun Barker who has been missing since December 13

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1226802068513

MACKENZIE RAVN GOLD COAST BULLETIN JANUARY 15, 2014 7:34AM

POLICE are appealing to the public to help locate Shaun Barker, who has been missing since December 13.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Police have renewed their appeal for information to help find 33-year-old Shaun Barker, who was last seen at the Robina Tavern on Ron Penhaligon Way, Robina, on December 9 last year.
    Police are also keen to find Mr Barker’s blue Kia Rio hatchback, with Queensland registration 518 TBV.
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...204-31ybi.html

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    That link doesn't work for me - am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghLass View Post
    Not working for me, either. Page removed?

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghLass View Post
    No, no working for me. Goes straight to my facebook page.

I am familiar with this case and know the person and family involved.

The Facebook page was taken down due to a dispute within the family (I did not start or have anything to do with the page).

I am new to these forums and don't really know how things work around here. If you have any questions about this case please fire away and I'll do my best to fill in any blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Az_au View Post

The Facebook page was taken down due to a dispute within the family (I did not start or have anything to do with the page).

I am new to these forums and don't really know how things work around here. If you have any questions about this case please fire away and I'll do my best to fill in any blanks.

This one says Dec 9th, and has a pic of his car:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...204-31ybi.html

Police have renewed their appeal for information to help find 33-year-old Shaun Barker, who was last seen at the Robina Tavern on Ron Penhaligon Way, Robina, on December 9 last year.

This is an appeal from his ex partner, the mother of his child:

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/...missing-child/

AFP Profile:

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/mis...20-%20qld.aspx
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Az_au View Post

Hi Az_au & welcome to Websleuths

If members personally know the person or family involved, before you can reply to any questions, we ask that you become what we call a Verified Insider. The following link contains all the information in relation to becoming verified with us.....

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:46 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    Hi Az_au & welcome to Websleuths

If members personally know the person or family involved, before you can reply to any questions, we ask that you become what we call a Verified Insider. The following link contains all the information in relation to becoming verified with us.....
    I have submitted the request.

Missing Robina father Shaun Barker’s remains found at Tin Can Bay

June 13, 2014 8:39AM

POLICE have found the remains of missing Gold Coast man Shaun Barker.

Mr Barker was reported missing by his family on January 14 after last being seen at a service station at Broadbeach on December 10, 2013.

A skull was found by forestry workers off Cooloola Coast Road which has been forensically examined and identified as that of Mr Barker.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226952963090

When the report came up I thought for a sec it was about another case in Tin Can Bay area. What on earth is going on there!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...hlight=tin+bay

From back in early May in the other case...

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    Update: Operation Lima Sea

May 14, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Police overseeing Operation Lima Sea, the investigation into the location of a human torso on Cedar Pocket Road, Cedar Pocket in September, 2013 today confirmed other human remains found in the area in April are not related to the torso.

Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said the remains discovered in a pine tree plantation off Cooloola Road, Tin Can Bay on April 11 had been tested and confirmed as to not share the same identity as the torso.

“Investigations into the discovery of both sets of human remains are continuing and we continue to appeal to anyone who has any information on either of these incidents to come forward.”

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014...tion-lima-sea/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast