713 users online (100 members and 613 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #10

Please continue here. Pay attention to this post because it spells out rules that apply, in addition to our standard TOS, to this case in particular.

No speculating that Teleka has run off to meet some unsavory character or escaped convict.

No religious discussion unless it relates DIRECTLY to Teleka's disappearance.

The videos are linked here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #4

Please use this link and NOT private twitter accounts. Remember, if you link to a non-case player's account - you cannot discuss or sleuth that person, so just use the above link and play it safe. Also please note, that if for any reason LE pulls the videos, we will pull them also.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private! This includes closed social media accounts that can only be retrieved through cached pages

Teleka's Twitter: http://video.twicsy.com/i/bvFMi
    Teleka's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teleka.patrick?fref=ts

Media/Resource/timeline thread: MI Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6
    Thread 7

Thread 8
    Thread 9

Teleka Patrick Case Archive

Last edited by KateB; 05-04-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

The thread is open for posting again.

Keep in mind that MS is regarded as a victim, and the usual rules apply.

No victim bashing.

No suggesting that MS is responsible for becoming a victim.

This is a warning for all, and those who ignore it are subject to a TO without further notice.

Thanks.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #10

Continue here.

Reminder: do not bring posts from the basement thread upstairs.

TES would not require payment from the Patrick's. They considered the Caylee Anthony case to be fraud because her incubator knew she was no longer alive. I helped bring TES in for Terrilynn Monnette. Tim Miller was a great help and I'd definitely come from Chicago to help him search for Teleka.

Michigan, where I'm smitten by the mitten!
    Quote Originally Posted by geegeesmom View Post
    TES would not require payment from the Patrick's. They considered the Caylee Anthony case to be fraud because her incubator knew she was no longer alive. I helped bring TES in for Terrilynn Monnette. Tim Miller was a great help and I'd definitely come from Chicago to help him search for Teleka.
    Thanks! Good to know. In all honesty I was speculating but to clarify are you saying that if they did a search and it was later determined that (AND I AM NOT CLAIMING THIS) Teleka set up and arranged for her own disappearance and is missing by her own volition, you think they would not consider that fraud or deception and charge them? Furthermore, I wonder if the family knows this...such a sad case this is.

Quote Originally Posted by gracehatter View Post
    Thanks! Good to know. In all honesty I was speculating but to clarify are you saying that if they did a search and it was later determined that (AND I AM NOT CLAIMING THIS) Teleka set up and arranged for her own disappearance and is missing by her own volition, you think they would not consider that fraud or deception and charge them? Furthermore, I wonder if the family knows this...such a sad case this is.
    IMO, TES would review the case prior to coming to join the search. If TES wants to be involved, it's because they believe she's in that area, or they want to settle the question once and for all. Tim doesn't enter a case blindly and he likes to coordinate with LE. The snow is gone. It's time to put boots on the ground. On both sides of I94 and in a 5 mile radius.

Someone in the previous thread mentioned a five mile radius.

Five miles, in a single direction, could be walked in 90 minutes. However, to search it is entirely different.

A five mile radius circle contains more than 3 times the land area of Manhattan. About 50,000 acres. And again, a person on foot could have reached beyond that radius that same night.

Just pointing out how difficult any useful search would be.

Michigan, where I'm smitten by the mitten!
    Quote Originally Posted by JR From PA View Post
    Someone in the previous thread mentioned a five mile radius.

Five miles, in a single direction, could be walked in 90 minutes. However, to search it is entirely different.

A five mile radius circle contains more than 3 times the land area of Manhattan. About 50,000 acres. And again, a person on foot could have reached beyond that radius that same night.

Just pointing out how difficult any useful search would be.
    I'm curious if you are actually familiar with the particular area in question? Rather than a 5 mile circle radius, using a standard grid approach working outward, is there any reason not to search?

Quote Originally Posted by gracehatter View Post
    I'm curious if you are actually familiar with the particular area in question? Rather than a 5 mile circle radius, using a standard grid approach working outward, is there any reason not to search?
    I am not. Judging by google only, it looks comparable to the semi-rural area I grew up in.

Grid, spiral, etc., five miles is a VERY big area. Realistically, it would only serve to recover a body, IMO. It would not, again in my opinion, serve to protect her from harm at this point. That night, sure. But it's been 40 days of winter.

I suspect that LE believes she left the area by vehicle, hence the limited interest.

I'd instead map out the typical truck routes through that area, and check at camera points upstream and downstream for vehicles that night. Likely only a few hundred to a thousand vehicles passed that point between 10 and 11pm. There's a toll road nearby - many of them would have used it. Computer work could identify a few hundred license plates and truck trailers. Even if you identify a few thousand vehicles, using more distant cameras or checkpoints, you'd still have something to work with.

Is it possible, that Teleka made a detour?
    Instead of directly going from Kalamazoo, MI to Portage, IN she might have gone via Berrien Springs, MI.

In Berrien Springs there is Andrews University, a Seventh Day Adventist University. It seems actually that the whole town is taken over by SDA.
    She knows at least 30 people who are, or have been at Andrews University.
    Some of these people she also knows from Oakwood.

Someone might have seen her there. She may have met someone there.
    Last edited by black_squirrel; 01-14-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo

Just noticed that Nelson Mandela died on the day Teleka went missing. IIRC, the report of his death came in the late afternoon.

It takes 2 hours and 1 minute to go from Kalamazoo to Portage, via Berrien Springs.
    She was seen driving away at 8pm in KZoo, and driving around Portage at 10pm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...month-ago.html

This may have been posted before...this woman was not found for a month after a car crash, due to snow, in Ohio, a year or two ago. And she was not far from the scene.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by black_squirrel View Post
    It takes 2 hours and 1 minute to go from Kalamazoo to Portage, via Berrien Springs.
    She was seen driving away at 8pm in KZoo, and driving around Portage at 10pm.
    With no phone it's hard to see what the point of this trip at night would be. She couldn't have been there for long.

Possible that somebody enticed her to the radisson?

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast