708 users online (86 members and 622 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 870
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    Exclamation SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7



    https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis



    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

    Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

    Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

    Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

    If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.


    Horry County Police Dept.

    Media Thread

    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Thread #6


    Verified members on Heather's case
    Creek-Ratz - verified insider
    helpseeker - verified insider
    LadyHawkke - verified insider



    Find Heather Elvis Facebook

    Heather Elvis Twitter

    Heather Elvis Facebook

    Heather Elvis Vine

    Heather Elvis Picyou

    Heather Elvis MySpace

    Heather Elvis Pinterest

    Heather Elvis Google+

    Twicsy

    Etsy


    Police Report


    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142
    We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

    We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

    Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

    Rules Etiquette & Information

    Social Networks

    Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

    Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!


    Sex Offenders

    It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161

    SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

    Please continue here and be mindful of the Rules - found here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    Also please be mindful of posting respectfully: Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    Salem
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157

    Exclamation SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

    Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

    Police Report

    Thanks.
    Last edited by imamaze; 01-15-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added link for police report.

  5. #5
    Im just gonna say... we have been correct in the speculation that LE has known a lot more than they made public or are making public. .... whatever is redacted is done so for a reason I.m.o.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim...a4bcf6878.html

    National focus growing in search for Heather Elvis 01/14/2014

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,780
    I really do not think national media is going to be the answer here...or Nancy Grace. Sounds extremely local to me.

    But she still could have been depressed and gone off to be alone, if there is no sign of "anyone" meeting up with her that night...sounds like she WAS depressed.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  8. #8
    floridamomma's Avatar
    floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by fairest of them all View Post
    Im just gonna say... we have been correct in the speculation that LE has known a lot more than they made public or are making public. .... whatever is redacted is done so for a reason I.m.o.
    I think that is a lot of info for an initial MP report, but am not real familiar with what's normal. any opinions on that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,780
    Quote Originally Posted by floridamomma View Post
    I think that is a lot of info for an initial MP report, but am not real familiar with what's normal. any opinions on that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Does seem like it, except that she had not been seen since tuesday night...the initial report on Adrienne S. in AZ was pages long...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,479
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I really do not think national media is going to be the answer here...or Nancy Grace. Sounds extremely local to me.

    But she still could have been depressed and gone off to be alone, if there is no sign of "anyone" meeting up with her that night...sounds like she WAS depressed.
    I agree but just want to add that I think the national exposure helps in many ways, including to bring much more LOCAL attention to this case as well. The national exposure may help to provide enough local pressure on anybody local that may have information for LE, but had not come forward until they saw how big of a deal the case is becoming.

    IMO, it is a very good thing when more national exposure happens.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by floridamomma View Post
    I think that is a lot of info for an initial MP report, but am not real familiar with what's normal. any opinions on that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    at the expense of victim bashing I cant say what I think. ...all I will say is she has some enemies...I.m.o

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Here, but I'd rather be at the beach
    Posts
    2,077
    I wonder why it was released. After no info from LE, then they release the whole police report. Redacted it contains a lot of info, too much info IMO for public consumption.
    Children don't stop dancing

  13. #13
    floridamomma's Avatar
    floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by fairest of them all View Post
    at the expense of victim bashing I cant say what I think. ...all I will say is she has some enemies...I.m.o
    what makes you say that? like, frenemies, or dangerous enemy?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    250
    All I can say is WOW!

    Where are you, young one???? Pleeeeeeeeease be ok!!!
    Anything I say is always JMO and MOO.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117
    Awwh the pipe smoking guy!!! Makes sense now.

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6
    By imamaze in forum Heather Elvis
    Replies: 970
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  2. SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5
    By imamaze in forum Heather Elvis
    Replies: 1119
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 10:57 AM
  3. SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4
    By imamaze in forum Heather Elvis
    Replies: 1049
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 02:12 AM
  4. SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3
    By imamaze in forum Heather Elvis
    Replies: 961
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
  5. SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1
    By ChuckMaureen in forum Heather Elvis
    Replies: 713
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread