1299 users online (230 members and 1069 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,856

    CA - Brisbane, WhtFem Skel UP10856, 33-46, metal repair in forearm, Nov'12

    NamUs UP # 10944 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10944



    Unidentified White Female
    Found on January 16, 2013, East of 99 Thomas Avenue in Brisbane, San Mateo County, California

    Vital Stats
    Age: 33-46
    Height: 5'1" to 5'9"
    Weight: Unknown
    Hair: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown

    Clothing
    * Christmas themed t-shirt, brand: Turtle Bay

    Medical Conditions
    Prior Surgery: Pins and wiring present in the left ulna
    Other: Surgical repair to ulna and well healed pelvic fracture indicating old elbow and pelvic injury likely from a vehicle accident or fall from great height

    Circumstances
    A man walking around with a human skull in a city neighborhood led to police discovering a woman's bones on a hillside and sparking an investigation into how she died.

    The man was arrested on charges unrelated to the woman's death, and when he got out of jail, he guided Brisbane officers to a hillside where he had found the skull. Additional bones were found at that location.

    Neither homicide, natural causes nor suicide have been ruled out as possible reasons for the unidentified woman's death

    (See Images section for additional information)

    Body Condition:
    Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
    Estimated Postmortem Interval: 5 years

    Identifiers:
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,856
    Kathryn Rebecca LaMadrid is not listed on the rule-outs list

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...d_kathryn.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1269/0



    • Her age (40) is within range (33-46)
    • Her Loc LKA (Brisbane) is about 185 miles north of where the remains were located.
    • Her height (5'9"-5'10") is at the upper end of the height estimate ('5'1" to 5'9")
    • She was last seen a week before Christmas 2004 - Consistent with the Christmas theme TShirt.
    • She had a recent car accident, which might explain the prior injuries. (However, the accident may have been too recent, as the UID's injuries were described as "old")
    • Not a bad resemblance to the facial reconstruction


    Both the MP and UID indicate "Sample Submitted - Tests Complete". So there probably would have been a DNA hit if this was a match.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-15-2014 at 01:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    LaMadrid also has a really strong resemblance to Tent Jane Doe, but again that should have been a DNA hit.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    LaMadrid also has a really strong resemblance to Tent Jane Doe, but again that should have been a DNA hit.
    Wow! There's definitely a strong resemblance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowheresville, VT.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

    • Her age (40) is within range (33-46)
    • Her Loc LKA (Brisbane) is about 185 miles north of where the remains were located.
    • Her height (5'9"-5'10") is at the upper end of the height estimate ('5'1" to 5'9")
    • She was last seen a week before Christmas 2004 - Consistent with the Christmas theme TShirt.
    • She had a recent car accident, which might explain the prior injuries. (However, the accident may have been too recent, as the UID's injuries were described as "old")
    • Not a bad resemblance to the facial reconstruction


    Both the MP and UID indicate "Sample Submitted - Tests Complete". So there probably would have been a DNA hit if this was a match.
    I'd think the combination of the secondary ridge over the eyebrow and crook of the nose would be pretty unique.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,435
    There's another NamUs profile for these remains. This one is for the skull only, which was found first:

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10856

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    8,053
    she totally does.

    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    LaMadrid also has a really strong resemblance to Tent Jane Doe, but again that should have been a DNA hit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,749
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    There's another NamUs profile for these remains. This one is for the skull only, which was found first:

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10856
    Are you seeing the Native American in her Granny?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Are you seeing the Native American in her Granny?
    Could be. Some high cheekbones there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14,015
    Bumping with her Doe Network page: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1200ufca.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    313
    Okay... what a creepy case. This dude was carrying around a skull because it "called out his name"??? I hope they searched his home and car... (if he had one) So does that mean he was convicted of the crime? Seems weird
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    Okay... what a creepy case. This dude was carrying around a skull because it "called out his name"??? I hope they searched his home and car... (if he had one) So does that mean he was convicted of the crime? Seems weird
    It sounds more like he was a crazy homeless dude or something and they just wanted him locked up for a while. Other charges usually means there was a warrant out for him on something that happened earlier.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 10:06 AM
  2. GA GA - DeKalb Co., WhtFem 281UFGA, 20-40, metal repair in hip, Sep'93
    By ihadcabinfever in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-07-2017, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2016, 02:39 AM
  4. Identified! MA - Boston, WhtFem Skel, 20-30, in Hyde Park, Aug'94 - Milagros Alvarado
    By CarlK90245 in forum Identified!
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 01:58 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-28-2015, 01:15 AM

Tags for this Thread