GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacemcace

Reaction score
A three-year-old boy has gone missing from his home in Edinburgh.

Mikael Kular was last seen going to bed at his address in Ferry Gait at about 21:00 on Wednesday but when his family awoke he was not in the house.

The police helicopter is involved in the search and anyone who may have seen Mikael has been urged to contact officers.

Mikael was described as being 3ft tall and possibly wearing a beige hooded jacket, brown shoes and nightwear.

Ch Insp Sara Buchanan said: "We have currently got a large police presence within the Drylaw area as we conduct our inquiries to trace Mikael.

"We are keen to hear from anyone who remembers seeing a young boy matching his description since yesterday evening to contact police immediately.

"As part of our investigation we are also trying to determine how the child has left his home and anyone with information that can assist with these inquiries is also asked to get in touch."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25756633

Police Scotland link - http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2014/january/205836/

No picture available yet. I really hope the wee ones is found safe and well soon

Oh this is a hearbreaking one. It seems odd that he put on jacket and shoes but then 3 yr olds might consider it part of the routine for going out. I do notice that LE is asking for anyone who has seen him since yesterday evening but that is standard i think.

If this area is anything like the rest of the UK its windy and wet right now outside which could mean overblown banks of creeks and rivers.

Oh this is a hearbreaking one. It seems odd that he put on jacket and shoes but then 3 yr olds might consider it part of the routine for going out. I do notice that LE is asking for anyone who has seen him since yesterday evening but that is standard i think.

If this area is anything like the rest of the UK its windy and wet right now outside which could mean overblown banks of creeks and rivers.

Yeah it's been cold and wet. I hope if he did wander off, it was this morning and not last night. I can't imagine the panic of weakening to find your child missing.

Thanks for starting this Stacemcace, i was away looking for links to start a thread.

Picture of Mikael (not sure if I've done this correctly)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 78
my heart sank when i read this earlier on the DM.

the one thing that crossed my mind that wasn't covered is,was the door of the flat locked. i have a 3year old and she isn't able to open or reach the lock on the door.

what would make a 3 year old get up in the middle of the night and want to go outside.

There's some funny wording going on around this case by media ...last seen going to bed? Don't three year olds normally get put to bed?

Having seen this article though, not sure how reliable reports are. Mikael's name has been spelt THREE different ways in the same article. Shocking that it's not been corrected.

http://news.sky.com/story/1196009/missing-boy-police-search-for-mikael-kular

Did anyone see the press conference they mention?

Yeah I noticed the different spellings too surely they could at least spell his name properly!

Sky News are just reprising the press.

Mother put him to bed at 9pm. He wasn't there when she woke at 7.15.
Asking everyone who lives/works/passes through to look out for him.

Yes, they could spell his name right and yes it annoys me too - but right now it doesn't matter half as much as getting his face out there and enough of a name that people can call it out!

Police officer leading search being interviewed by Sky - reiterating look out for him, looking in sheds, wheelie bins etc. He could be wearing dark blue trackie bottoms.

Hmm.. lives with mother and 4 siblings (he is a twin). Not mentioning father so I wonder if he may have taken him....

my heart sank when i read this earlier on the DM.

the one thing that crossed my mind that wasn't covered is,was the door of the flat locked. i have a 3year old and she isn't able to open or reach the lock on the door.

what would make a 3 year old get up in the middle of the night and want to go outside.

Me too, I just felt sick when I read it. You just think of your own kids when you read something like that!

I know my girls wouldn't try to leave the house during the night but my nephews would especially the 2year old one. He just always wants to go on adventures and has no fear, that's why my Sister never leaves her door open. They have high locks so he can't escape.

Saying "no evidence anyone else is with him or that any criminality has happened"

All corrected now on Sky to Mikaeel.

They're mentioning a possible custody issue.

father doesn't live with family, that's what i got from the police interview earlier, they're currently looking for father to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb