767 users online (70 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Rachelle Godfread, 44, & Krystle Dikes, 20, murdered, Elkhart, 15 Jan 2014

ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — A man fatally shot two women in a northern Indiana grocery store and was waving a gun at a kneeling store manager when police officers arrived and killed the gunman, authorities said Thursday.

The manager and another employee at the Martin's Super Market in Elkhart escaped unharmed despite confrontations with the gunman Wednesday night, Indiana State Police Sgt. Trent Smith said at a news conference.......

State police identified the shooter as Shawn Walter Bair, 22, of Elkhart. Officers found the bodies of 20-year-old Krystle Dikes of Elkhart, a Martin's employee who was stocking shelves, 44-year-old customer Rachelle Godfread of Elkhart about 12 aisles apart. Godfread been shot multiple times, Smith said........

Police are still seeking a motive and trying to determine whether there was any relationship between Bair and any of his victims, Smith said.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Good God - this really freaked me out when I first read about it.

This world is a scary place anymore....you can't even go to the grocery store without some idiot shooting it up?

It was on my mind while I shopped for groceries this afternoon.Bless them and their families.Imagine you think, Oh I will just run to the store real quick.The manager was seconds away from being killed,those responding officers saved his life and others.When I go into stores lately I look around for exits and hiding places.

I live in Elkhart county. Our community is upset. But the main thing people are saying is that we can't be afraid and to continue to live normal lives.

Every day there are stories coming out about law enforcement harming people or abusing their power. I'm proud to say that none of that happens here. As cuffem said, our police responded bravely and they saved lives. We also have the best sheriff in the nation.

Using New Tactic, Cops Charged Right In, Saved Lives

The killer admired serial killers, was a juggalo, and had a very dark Facebook. Talked about killing people since 2010. He also had some negative comments about women so it's no surprise that's who he targeted. He was caught stealing from another "Martins" store exactly 4 years to the day of the killings. He was then held for a 72 hour mental health observation. I guess it was "payback" time.

The killer was in the store for 35 minutes – walking around, possibly texting and making phone calls. He was a regular in the store but was not picking up items to buy that night. Recognizing the strange behavior, an unarmed security guard watched Bair's movements.

"Parents of woman shot at Indiana grocery store unsure if daughter knew killer"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2qqd3gh1M

Northern Indiana
    This happened about a mile from me. My husband was going to the grocery store that night and called me asking why there were police. He was only 30 minutes late. So sad for the victims. The mother of the younger victim is such an awesome person. I hope she finds peace.