994 users online (174 members and 820 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - Jake Nicholas Just, 18, Midland ON, 30 October 1998

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...ased-by-search

"The teenager had been at a bush party near Midland's Sunnyside neighbourhood.

A friend said Jake, who had been drinking, fled into the woods after being chased by a local resident as the party ended.

"When you're drinking you don't always make the best decisions," Webster said.

When friends began calling the house the next day looking for Jake, his mother knew something was wrong. She reported him missing that evening, almost 24 hours after he was last seen.

Police searches in 1998 and 2000 - Webster was involved in both - found nothing. Extensive grid patterns, search helicopters with heat-sensing technology, police divers and cadaver-sniffing dogs have been used in the bog area where Jake was last seen.

A nearby swamp was dragged without discovering any clues.

"It's very perplexing," said Webster, a police officer for more than 30 years. "It bothers me, the fact that we can't get any closure for the family, and ourselves."

It's cases like Jake's and that of Christina Calayca - a 20-year-old woman who went for a jog Aug. 6, 2007, at a provincial park near Thunder Bay and never returned - that keep Webster up at night.

"Sometimes you almost think a spaceship from Mars came down and plucked these people up," Webster said. "Obviously, they are out there and something has happened."
    Last edited by KateB; 04-24-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Canada - Jake Just,18, Midland ON, 30 October 1998

http://www.police.midland.on.ca/news...n#.VD8IF8kjSM4

"The Government of the Province of Ontario is offering a reward in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance and/or death of JAKE NICHOLAS JUST of MIDLAND, Ontario.

DESCRIPTION:

DOB: December 15, 1979
    HEIGHT: 6ft 2in
    WEIGHT: 170 lbs.
    HAIR: Blonde
    EYES: Green
    RACE: Caucasian
    CLOTHING: Last seen wearing an olive green and beige coloured long sleeve T-shirt, black D.V.S. running shoes, size 11, and carrying a black knapsack, brand name Jaguar.

CASE #: 955-10-122-99

If you have seen Jake JUST or know any information about his whereabouts, please contact us, your local police service or CrimeStoppers."

rbbm.

Intriguing article and statement from 2011..
    rbbm.

http://www.orilliapacket.com/2011/10...-for-forgotten

"On the night of his disappearance, the six-foot-two teen left the house to attend a party with friends.

He never returned home.

Debbie Just's last vision of Jake remains crystal clear. They said goodbye and he walked away in an olive green and beige long-sleeve shirt. He was carrying a black Jaguar knapsack.

Mother and son were very close and communication between them was always open. When he didn't return home that night, the frantic mother called police to report her son missing; she intuitively knew something was wrong.

The night before Halloween, known as Devil's Night, in 1998 there was a gathering in Midland's Sunnyside neighbourhood. Jake and his friends went to the party at the residence near a thick wooded area.

Sometime before midnight, Jake left the party with a friend and headed home. They separated, the friend preferring to stay to the lighted roadway while Jake took a short-cut trail through the bush.

He has never been seen again.

Police remain on the case, and will not turn away any new clues or tips regardless how unlikely or bizarre they may be."

Thinking of Jake's size 11 feet and (although unlikely) this size 11 shoe found in Ontario..
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ale-human-foot

Also, some similarities with case of missing Pierre Mercon, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-ON-1-Nov-1996
    Last edited by dotr; 10-15-2014 at 09:54 PM.

These guys disappeared under similar circumstances. And at Hallowe'en, too. It makes one wonder if the cases are related. Thanks for this thread, dotr!!

The bush he disappeared into isn't exactly Algonquin Park, from what I recall. It seems that he vanished into a woodlot that separates two neighbourhoods or subdivisions. A boggy area was apparently searched, but turned up nothing.

Hmm I know this case really well i live just half hour away ..This case has been on tv and other web sites It's kinda odd that its come up on here outta the blue ..something seems kinda well its making me wonder HMMMMMMM something is up here .Dont know just what that is but something is up..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    Hmm I know this case really well i live just half hour away ..This case has been on tv and other web sites It's kinda odd that its come up on here outta the blue ..something seems kinda well its making me wonder HMMMMMMM something is up here .Dont know just what that is but something is up..
    This bit from a link in my post up thread, is rather curious, what do you think might be hinted at ??

"Police remain on the case, and will not turn away any new clues or tips regardless how unlikely or bizarre they may be."

Have you heard any rumours CanManEh from around the neighbourhood, do teens usually go out into the forest on Halloween around there?

No i havn't heard anything thats why his case cpming up at all is so weird ya you can say its because of the timing and halloween but theres many cases of missing people in and around that area and on there date when it comes up you dont hear to much about it so thats what makes me wonder why now why jake its just very very outta the blue .As for me I havnt heard one word..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

https://www.opp.ca/index.php?id=115&...94ac231fc4fde7

Jake Nicholas JUST

$50,000 REWARD
    The Government of the Province of Ontario is offering a reward in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance and/or death of JAKE NICHOLAS JUST of MIDLAND, Ontario.
    On October 30, 1998, Jake JUST, aged 18 years, attended a party at a residence in the north end of the Town of MIDLAND. He was last seen walking home from the party then separating from his friends to take a short cut through a wooded area. An extensive search of the area turned up negative.
    DESCRIPTION:
    DOB: December 15, 1979
    HEIGHT: 6’ 2”
    WEIGHT: 170 lbs.
    HAIR: Blonde
    EYES: Green
    RACE: Caucasian
    CLOTHING: Last seen wearing an olive green and beige coloured long sleeve T-shirt, black D.V.S. running shoes, size 11, and carrying a black knapsack, brand name “Jaguar”.
    Attached Images Attached Images