Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 - #1

TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 - #1

Leanne Bearden

33 year old Leanne Bearden has been missing since Friday January 17th, 2014 from a family member's Garden Ridge place of residence in Garden Ridge, Texas. She was seen walking away. Bearden is 5' and weighs about 100 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown shoulder length hair.

Please contact contact the Comal County Sheriff's Office at 830-620-3400.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Gard...241077051.html
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

A little confusing article. LE states she "left of her own free will" - ????

It sounds like she went for a walk and didn't return. So although technically she left of her own free will - to take a walk - that she didn't return is concerning.

Do they know something they aren't saying? If I leave to go for a walk, and never return, I certainly don't want LE to classify that disappearance as leaving of my free will.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ll-5157513.php

https://www.facebook.com/leanne.hechtbearden

Her facebook. I'm gathering she lives in denver with her hubby. They've been travelling the world.

http://www.goexplore365.com/

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Did she take her cell phone on her walk? Her purse? We need more information.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LisaCougar For This Useful Post:

And where was her supposed destination for the walk? C'mon news. Inform us.
    JMO.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

She's so tiny. I know that's maybe silly to point out, but that worries me. I am tall but thin and I always have thought how easily it could be to grab me and maybe even overpower me. I just always think of it. Anyway, THAT WORRIES ME. She's short and thin.
    JMO.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/leanne.hechtbearden

Her facebook. I'm gathering she lives in denver with her hubby. They've been travelling the world.

http://www.goexplore365.com/
    She looks so happy in the most recent pictures on the goexplore page and it looks like they had such amazing adventures, if she left voluntarily I wonder what happened between now and then. Even if she left voluntarily that doesn't mean shes safe

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksprincess View Post
    She looks so happy in the most recent pictures on the goexplore page and it looks like they had such amazing adventures, if she left voluntarily I wonder what happened between now and then. Even if she left voluntarily that doesn't mean shes safe

I think she looks very happy. The only thing I can think is maybe stress or pressure. I saw she is trying to get a job (from her Facebook), so maybe that's been unproductive. We don't know their money situation but maybe things got tight after their travels. I DONT KNOW. Just thinking. It doesn't sound good, but maybe she just needed time to breathe. I have to take anxiety meds because of my stress and not being able to cope with it but I have a VERY blessed life. You don't know what's going on inside.

Okay that's my rant. Truth is I am very concerned.
    JMO.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I think she looks very happy. The only thing I can think is maybe stress or pressure. I saw she is trying to get a job (from her Facebook), so maybe that's been unproductive. We don't know their money situation but maybe things got tight after their travels. I DONT KNOW. Just thinking. It doesn't sound good, but maybe she just needed time to breathe. I have to take anxiety meds because of my stress and not being able to cope with it but I have a VERY blessed life. You don't know what's going on inside.

Okay that's my rant. Truth is I am very concerned.
    That is very true, it would be really hard to come back to reality after traveling the world for that long and try to go back to normal life.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/fe...l#.UtyfiRDnZaQ

"Leanne Hecht Bearden's family says she left to go for a walk in the Garden Ridge area around 1:00 p.m. Friday and said she would be right back. They have not seen or heard from her since that time."

So it sounds like a short walk and they expected her back right away. Garden Ridge looks like a suburb of San Antonio. Anyone what the area is like? Is it considered safe?

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to October For This Useful Post:

Another article here and the police say they consider her voluntarily missing. No explanation on why they think that, though.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to October For This Useful Post:

Would love to know if she's used her cell phone or accessed bank accounts since. Or if she withdrew money prior. We have nothing to go on.

There's obviously something going on they aren't saying. Did she argue with her in laws before her walk? Maybe a walk to cool off or blow off steam? Does she have friends in the area they think she's bunking with for a bit? Did her and her husband have some arguments prior? Why was she at her in laws? Do they live there (how do you maintain a place while so far away traveling? Unless they are independently wealthy I would assume they could potentially rent or live with family. Then again I know nothing about these folks.)

Rambling again. Whoops!
    JMO.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/fe...l#.UtyfiRDnZaQ

"Leanne Hecht Bearden's family says she left to go for a walk in the Garden Ridge area around 1:00 p.m. Friday and said she would be right back. They have not seen or heard from her since that time."

So it sounds like a short walk and they expected her back right away. Garden Ridge looks like a suburb of San Antonio. Anyone what the area is like? Is it considered safe?
    Yeah it's considered super safe. It's just a really nice little area. Not the type of place you'd feel unsafe. (Which of course can put you in danger.)Mostly middle age to older people if i recall correctly. Im in the middle of a serious spatula sword fight with my daughter but ill post more about the area in a bit.
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Would love to know if she's used her cell phone or accessed bank accounts since. Or if she withdrew money prior. We have nothing to go on.

There's obviously something going on they aren't saying. Did she argue with her in laws before her walk? Maybe a walk to cool off or blow off steam? Does she have friends in the area they think she's bunking with for a bit? Did her and her husband have some arguments prior? Why was she at her in laws? Do they live there (how do you maintain a place while so far away traveling? Unless they are independently wealthy I would assume they could potentially rent or live with family. Then again I know nothing about these folks.)

Rambling again. Whoops!
    From what they say on their travel blog, they own a home in Denver that they rented out when they left to travel and her in laws managed things for them while they were gone. It looks like their travels just ended very recently so maybe they were staying with the in laws temporarily, that could be very stressful!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksprincess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksprincess View Post
    From what they say on their travel blog, they own a home in Denver that they rented out when they left to travel and her in laws managed things for them while they were gone. It looks like their travels just ended very recently so maybe they were staying with the in laws temporarily, that could be very stressful!

Oh thank you! I'm hopping case to case so I didn't make it there yet. I see that now. That could be very stressful for sure! I love my in laws but they make me feel crazy. I know that is a somewhat common theme.

I just hope she emerges safely after she clears her head. Best case scenario.
    JMO.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nugget For This Useful Post:

I wish there was more info out there..

I am SORT OF in the area .. Texas is VERY spread out .. Garden Ridge is a bedroom community outside San Antonio. Quite small .. and a big chunk of it is a quarry I believe.

Apparently she did take off on foot - and while the area is VERY safe, the terrain around the area is rocky and can be very remote seeming if she went to the north. It depends on which direction she went. Also, it's near I-35 .. the intersection of I-35 and 3009 is built up with a large Walmart, and strip centers. I shop in that area some (when I want to go to a Walmart .. it's the one I like the best..). I wouldn't walk that far - but if she's in good shape and used to walking that wouldn't be out of the question.

I know all the local news outlets have been repeating the basic story - just that they're looking for her and if you see her call the Sheriff's dispatch number. If she left of her own accord - there's probably not a whole lot they can do, other than hope someone will report seeing her somewhere.

Prayers for her and her family. I hope she did just take off to clear her head and will contact them soon.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Rid...241077051.html

Husband desperate to find wife who vanished during Garden Ridge walk
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

I live in this area and have for the last 15 years. Garden Ridge is a very upscale safe place. It's quiet and kind of secluded from IH 35/3009 like someone said but still within a few miles. It's our "hill country". I am in contact with a family friend and will be helping any way I can. I will keep you posted.

Something important to keep in mind is that San Antonio has had a few of these similar cases in the recent months. I'll provide a link later because I'm on my cell right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take a look at this unsolved missing persons case in KY
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Presumed-Dead

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Hannah Graham* Brittanee Drexel

I noticed her husband is a graduate of Texas A & M. I called a friend who went to school there. He's was already aware because of a posting on a TAM message board. They are rounding up folks to meet at the HEB in Garden Ridge tomorrow to search for Leanne.

I've got his email but I don't think I can post it per TOS.

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I noticed her husband is a graduate of Texas A & M. I called a friend who went to school there. He's was already aware because of a posting on a TAM message board. They are rounding up folks to meet at the HEB in Garden Ridge tomorrow to search for Leanne.

I've got his email but I don't think I can post it per TOS.
    It certainly sounds like the family does NOT think she went missing voluntarily and looking through social media I don't think so either. I wonder what her intent was - did she just want to stroll around those beautiful streets in the neighborhood or did she have something more dangerous in mind - some more rugged secluded hiking?

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    It certainly sounds like the family does NOT think she went missing voluntarily and looking through social media I don't think so either. I wonder what her intent was - did she just want to stroll around those beautiful streets in the neighborhood or did she have something more dangerous in mind - some more rugged secluded hiking?
    What did she leave with? I think she's too smart to attempt a rugged hike without being prepared. They've travelled the world...she's knows how to do this stuff.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I agree about their SM especially their blog from their round the world trip they JUST got back from. Their writings are funny and just plain delightful.

It sounds like "I'll be right back" means just that ... a stroll ... stretch your legs type of thing. When I do that, I don't take anything with me other than a bottle of water.

Really odd though.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I agree about their SM especially their blog from their round the world trip they JUST got back from. Their writings are funny and just plain delightful.

It sounds like "I'll be right back" means just that ... a stroll ... stretch your legs type of thing. When I do that, I don't take anything with me other than a bottle of water.

Really odd though.
    If it was literally intended to be a half hour walk, I don't even take a cell phone or water for that. Especially if you're wearing yoga pants or something like that with no pockets.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

http://www.denvergov.org/Property/re...itle/163434471

This gives their property in Denver. Also note their "current" address ... for when they were gone for over a year!! Gives the address in Garden Ridge.

Don't know if this is within TOS. I'll alert my own post to make sure.

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Per her husband, she did not have her cell phone with her. She had her wallet and credit cards which have not been used at all. The Garden Ridge PD is trying to play it off like she left on her own. But the information coming from her husband and family and friends are saying otherwise. Until we know more, I would personally treat this as a missing persons.

Take a look at this unsolved missing persons case in KY
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Presumed-Dead

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Hannah Graham* Brittanee Drexel

47. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AddysMom7610 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast