Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Unless that Garden Ridge Police Chief has specific information that has led them to believe she has left on purpose, I think it's extremely callous and also obstructive to be so dismissive. If she has information that points to her purposeful disappearance it would be humane of her to share it with her family, who all clearly believe she didn't leave on purpose. It seems time, IMHO, for a police jurisdiction larger than Garden Ridge to step in and take over.
    Through the years I've had pretty close interaction with the police chief of Garden Ridge.. ( We were involved in a community group together when she worked on this side of the county ) .. She is ANYTHING but callous .. she has always been about women / anyone knowing dangers can be found anywhere and how to guard yourself .. So I imagine she knows what she's doing ..

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
    Through the years I've had pretty close interaction with the police chief of Garden Ridge.. ( We were involved in a community group together when she worked on this side of the county ) .. She is ANYTHING but callous .. she has always been about women / anyone knowing dangers can be found anywhere and how to guard yourself .. So I imagine she knows what she's doing ..
    Thanks - it's always interesting to have first hand information.

How do you account for her quotes that they initially did a canine search, and she's been declared "just missing"? And that "this isn't a typical case of this kind"?

It seems to me if they uncovered clear evidence she left on purpose (not to go on the walk, everyone agrees she left on purpose to do that) that she wouldn't at least share that? As in, "in the initial course of the investigation we uncovered information that led us to conclude she intended to not return after the walk". As it is, I'm just sitting here getting madder and madder. The family must feel like they're in the worst nightmare ever. Thank God Leanne has a very supportive and vast network of family and friends who are picking up where LE is refusing to investigate, and they're conducting their own searches.

A side note, her facebook page says family and friends and police have tirelessly searched for her, so is it just a media reporting error that the police chief has concluded she went missing on purpose?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Take a look at this unsolved missing persons case in KY
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Presumed-Dead

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Ann Gotlib*Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Brittanee Drexel

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AddysMom7610 For This Useful Post:

Thanks - it's always interesting to have first hand information.

How do you account for her quotes that they initially did a canine search, and she's been declared "just missing"? And that "this isn't a typical case of this kind"?

It seems to me if they uncovered clear evidence she left on purpose (not to go on the walk, everyone agrees she left on purpose to do that) that she wouldn't at least share that? As in, "in the initial course of the investigation we uncovered information that led us to conclude she intended to not return after the walk". As it is, I'm just sitting here getting madder and madder. The family must feel like they're in the worst nightmare ever. Thank God Leanne has a very supportive and vast network of family and friends who are picking up where LE is refusing to investigate, and they're conducting their own searches.

A side note, her facebook page says family and friends and police have tirelessly searched for her, so is it just a media reporting error that the police chief has concluded she went missing on purpose?
    We don't know what the conversations have been between the police and the family.

I was surprised that we didn't see the facebook page until today. This couple is NOT unaware of social media - we saw their entire travels through the blog .. and the facebook page seems to be more friends of hers than the family.

So - I guess I'm thinking there's more going on behind the scenes with those directly involved than is being made public.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

Well, they're of an age where you don't just race to the computer to post what's going on with you this minute, in my opinion. People younger than about 22 post everything they're doing - busy adults don't. Her face book page before she went missing was pretty unattended.

They are busy adults - and when horrifically she went missing, family came and cops came and they all searched. In my opinion, it's kind of weird when people immediately create face book pages right away - and when people all over the country repost and repost. In my opinion, it really doesn't help for people out of state to be sitting at their computers reposting this information as if that will be helpful in finding her.

Although it's interesting to follow these cases, it really isn't helpful to be sitting at a computer, in my opinion.

So the fact that the facebook page didn't follow immediately on the heels of a call to 911 means they are busy, active people who live lives instead of poke away on social media.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Well, they're of an age where you don't just race to the computer to post what's going on with you this minute, in my opinion. People younger than about 22 post everything they're doing - busy adults don't. Her face book page before she went missing was pretty unattended.

They are busy adults - and when horrifically she went missing, family came and cops came and they all searched. In my opinion, it's kind of weird when people immediately create face book pages right away - and when people all over the country repost and repost. In my opinion, it really doesn't help for people out of state to be sitting at their computers reposting this information as if that will be helpful in finding her.

Although it's interesting to follow these cases, it really isn't helpful to be sitting at a computer, in my opinion.

So the fact that the facebook page didn't follow immediately on the heels of a call to 911 means they are busy, active people who live lives instead of poke away on social media.
    Well of course not right away - but they are versed in social media .. there's been very LITTLE said by the family. The one article in which the husband was interviewed gave little information. ( Of course I'm sure he's probably not thinking TERRIBLY clearly at this point..)

The fact of the matter is that little info is out there .. I really don't know what to make of it .. The area is full of rugged terrain .. if she wandered into an unpopulated area she may easily have been hurt .. If she went toward the stores, I would imagine she'd be on camera somewhere.

She did apparently leave with wallet and credit cards, but not her phone. Not sure what to make of that - other than it's ingrained to keep her ID on her at all times..

I just feel that there is more than is being shared with the public - both from the family and the police.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

I agree that the family is saying very little, including a woman who appears to be a sister saying please only let family contact the media, so that seems kind of odd to me.

I don't know. Prayers she HAS just left on purpose.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

I just spoke with a family friend. They do not think it was an abduction. They think she may have gone hiking and fallen or hit her head or something to that effect. That's why the news reports are wording it like they are. The police don't suspect foul play BUT that doesn't mean it didn't happen. That also doesn't mean they don't need bodies on the ground searching for her so if you are local, "like" the fb page and offer to help!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take a look at this unsolved missing persons case in KY
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Presumed-Dead

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Ann Gotlib*Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Brittanee Drexel

Quote Originally Posted by AddysMom7610 View Post
    I just spoke with a family friend. They do not think it was an abduction. They think she may have gone hiking and fallen or hit her head or something to that effect. That's why the news reports are wording it like they are. The police don't suspect foul play BUT that doesn't mean it didn't happen. That also doesn't mean they don't need bodies on the ground searching for her so if you are local, "like" the fb page and offer to help!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To often when LE thinks someone is hurt or injured they don't bother with searches as large as for an abduction I think they are equally important, in fact you are more likely to find a body with abduction but a live victim if she tumbled down some rocky terrain

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Addysmom -do they have any idea what kind of walk she was intending to go on? I know she was wearing hiking boots and jeans, but when I look at the area I'm not seeing any place close by where she could fall off a cliff. There are places you could drive to that are cliffy, but I'm just not seeing anything that would be dangerous for a young fit woman. Of course, you can certainly trip and become seriously injured on something as minor as an uneven sidewalk, so, there's that.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

One thing I'd like to point out .. Often there are areas here that don't appear "cliff like" .. but dry creek beds, etc are often VERY rocky - with very sharp rocks..

A number of years ago our neighbor boy was at a campout and was going into a creekbed .. not particularly steep - but had a VERY deep gash in his leg .. ( to the bone .. pretty gross..) Thankfully there were a lot of people around to assist upon hearing him yelling out .. But the terrain here can be deceiving I think..

I wonder how hard it would be to get into that quarry area? I'm not a hiker - but if someone like to climb, etc. that might be tempting..

Also wonder if there are caves over there? I know that there's a bat cave not too far .. if there are other caves she may have gone exploring ...

Just thinking...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:

According to her missing facebook page, there is a large police presence (about a dozen cars) across the highway in Schertz and they are "looking for someone".

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Where was her husband when she went out for her walk?

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Family: Missing woman did not walk away

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ay-5159834.php

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

According to her missing facebook page, there is a large police presence (about a dozen cars) across the highway in Schertz and they are "looking for someone".
    Thanks for that, at least it seems there is a full scale search on today if it is her case they are there for.

I don't feel good about this case

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast