Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 990

Thread: TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 - #1

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    953

    my antenna went up!

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaCougar View Post
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ay-5159834.php

    Okay, here is what we know from the article:

    Leanne and her husband where the only ones at the house.

    Leanne left about 1:00 pm saying she was going for a walk.

    She had no cell phone or any electronic device with her.

    She had $60 in cash at most.

    She had her wallet with credit cards but they have not been used at this time.

    She had her wedding and engagement rings.

    She was was last seen wearing jeans and hiking boots.
    Was it just me or did anyone else, have the hair on the back of your neck stand on end?


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else, have the hair on the back of your neck stand on end?
    Oh no no no no no. Please no.
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sin For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,673
    Bearden said Garden Ridge police did say Leanne decided to leave the house on her own.

    "She left on her own free will that is what she did that is absolutely true, but what happened after she left the house on her own free will I don't know," Bearden told me.

    Both the Comal County Sheriff's office and Garden Ridge Police say neither have active searches going on right now.

    http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for...241209121.html
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else, have the hair on the back of your neck stand on end?
    Not me. He could have "offed" her anywhere in their trek around the world. Push her off a cliff in Bolivia, Mt. Everest, etc. Makes no sense to come all the way back to TEXAS and then "off" his wife.

    What am I missing???????
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.


  7. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Bearden said Garden Ridge police did say Leanne decided to leave the house on her own.

    "She left on her own free will that is what she did that is absolutely true, but what happened after she left the house on her own free will I don't know," Bearden told me.

    Both the Comal County Sheriff's office and Garden Ridge Police say neither have active searches going on right now.

    http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for...241209121.html
    Yep. LE is not searching but citizens ARE.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    244
    They searched all day today. I heard there was some police presence there but idk for sure. I'm going to try and help tomorrow. I will keep you posted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    www.hopethehiphippo.com


    Together we can, together we will.

    www.hipdysplasia.org


  10. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by AddysMom7610 View Post
    They searched all day today. I heard there was some police presence there but idk for sure. I'm going to try and help tomorrow. I will keep you posted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for helping.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A long, winding road
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else, have the hair on the back of your neck stand on end?
    Yes, that was the piece of information I was worried about...

    There were quotes from him in an article published earlier that really just did not make sense.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,690
    I live close enough also that I could go help - but I think the police are holding out on the public and there is no real purpose in searching the approximate area. I don't know what they know, but it appears they have learned something. I always get so mad when the public mobilizes and people spend their time and resources to help, only to find out that LE knew the person had left the state.

    There is some bit of information, it seems, that is is keeping them from continuing the search.

  15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Yes, that was the piece of information I was worried about...

    There were quotes from him in an article published earlier that really just did not make sense.
    I agree. They actually sounded kind of like they were mistranslated from another language. Odd, odd things to say.

    I don't mean to sound like I think he's responsible - but I think he's covering for fears he has about what happened to her. This doesn't seem to be a case of a very happy woman who just went out for a neighborhood walk because it was a beautiful day. I think he has fears that are well-founded that something else happened. Whatever that is. I don't think this will end in finding a woman who was hiking and accidentally fell and got injured.
    Last edited by JeannaT; 01-21-2014 at 12:15 AM.

  17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:


  18. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,630
    According to FB for Leanne:

    Heidi search center is helping along with South Texas Search and Rescue.
    https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

    Have to go to "see all"....... Chris B
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  20. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,474
    I find it highly unlikely that a woman going for a short walk would take her wallet but not her phone. The story would be more believable if she took nothing at all with her. No woman I know carries her wallet in her back pocket. Why carry a wallet in your hand when going for a short walk?

    Typically, if a woman disappears but her purse is left behind, police tend to suspect foul play since it's pretty hard to survive without any money, credit cards or ID. If someone wants to make it appear that she left on her own they would be smart to get rid of the purse. Most people realize that cell phone pings are easily tracked so it would be smart to be sure that the phone is left behind. MOO

    I'm leaning toward unpremeditated foul play and a well thought out cover up but that's just my opinion.


  21. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    465
    I try very hard not to judge family members on their interviews immediately after someone goes missing or worse. I always remind myself that if I were missing and a camera was put in front of my darling, or if my mom was missing and one was put in front of my dad, they would seem off. Probably over aggressive and not making much sense. Neither one would handle it well at all and most people would probably find it to be off. Who can say what is and isn't the right way to handle something like this, you know?

    The interviews that always get to me are the ones that seem either falsely upset or way too calm and confident. Watching her husband he was calm, but he was also very unsure of himself and just fearful. It just felt like he is genuinely upset and afraid.
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.

  22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sin For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that a woman going for a short walk would take her wallet but not her phone. The story would be more believable if she took nothing at all with her. No woman I know carries her wallet in her back pocket. Why carry a wallet in your hand when going for a short walk?

    Typically, if a woman disappears but her purse is left behind, police tend to suspect foul play since it's pretty hard to survive without any money, credit cards or ID. If someone wants to make it appear that she left on her own they would be smart to get rid of the purse. Most people realize that cell phone pings are easily tracked so it would be smart to be sure that the phone is left behind. MOO

    I'm leaning toward unpremeditated foul play and a well thought out cover up but that's just my opinion.
    She didn't have a phone of her own according to her husband. He says in this interview that they shared a phone and he had been using it to look for a job so he was always keeping it on him. Not agreeing or disagreeing just sharing info.

    http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for...241209121.html
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.

  24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sin For This Useful Post:


  25. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    294
    Don't think this interview's been posted..

    http://www.ksat.com/news/search-unde...s/-/index.html

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pamlet For This Useful Post:


  27. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Not me. He could have "offed" her anywhere in their trek around the world. Push her off a cliff in Bolivia, Mt. Everest, etc. Makes no sense to come all the way back to TEXAS and then "off" his wife.

    What am I missing???????
    FWIW, I don't have a theory on her disappearance, the following is for the sake of being devil's advocate.

    Perhaps they didn't have "The Argument" in Bolivia, or Mt. Everest, etc....they had a blow out the day she went missing in TX. Maybe someone didn't ask for a divorce until they got to TX.... Someone got a text/call from a third party the day she went missing and it set one of the two off. None of these are actual theories necessarily pertaining to this case, just reasons why, if one spouse were to suddenly 'off' another spouse, they'd do it in TX as opposed to anywhere else in the last 2 years.

    Also, does anyone know if he himself ever lived in this area of TX?

  28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:


  29. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
    Don't think this interview's been posted..

    http://www.ksat.com/news/search-unde...s/-/index.html
    Sigh. Watched the video He knows where she's not and suspects she was looking at something real close and took a fall. He seems very intuitive. I wish he would he would have mentioned how he imagines her daytimes and night times might be (scary/alone/awful), out there missing. He mentions it's awful for him.

    Why is he so bitter about the suggestion she 'went to Omaha or something like that"?

    That interview feels like Ganesh Ramsaran to me. I really hope I'm wrong.


  30. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,001
    Another reason why TX as opposed to Bolivia, Mt. Everest, etc:

    They were about to start their settle married life in CO, correct? Maybe the truth of their finances were suddenly about to become very obvious. I have zero evidence this is the case, just thinking on other cases where one spouse did something extremely rash in order to avoid being 'exposed' a liar or 'failure' by their spouse (Mark/Lori Hacking)http://www.utsandiego.com/uniontrib/...16hacking.html

  31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:


  32. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    She didn't have a phone of her own according to her husband. He says in this interview that they shared a phone and he had been using it to look for a job so he was always keeping it on him. Not agreeing or disagreeing just sharing info.

    http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for...241209121.html
    Wow. That seems pretty unusual in this day and age. Especially considering they had to depend on one another for safety out of country for the last 2 years. What if they got separated on a hike? One of them got lost?

    Even my advanced aged, retired, fixed income parents have 2 phones. They're not smart phones, mind you, but still.

  33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:


  34. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8
    I would suspect that LE might execute a search warrant for the in-laws house soon. Also, he displayed an odd facial expression, in the form of a little laugh at the end of his interview. Obviously, could be nothing I just found it a strange reaction. I hope she is found safe soon.

  35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to L8dedy For This Useful Post:


  36. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,690
    I think Tim Miller has some kind of quote about when a person goes missing, the family "snapshot" doesn't always look perfect and it isn't an indication that they are guilty.

    This one just took an odd turn, though.

    If she IS found in the way he describes - having suffered a fall - I'm going to be suspicious of him.

  37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:


  38. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,226
    http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...ssing-in-Texas

    Former Roswell resident missing in Texas

    ROSWELL, Ga -- It has been three days since a former Roswell resident's family has seen her. Leanne Hecht Bearden, 33, left her in-laws home...

    ...Law enforcement officials in Texas have no active searches for her and have no reason to suspect foul play at this point...

    ...Joshua Bearden said police told him his wife left of her own free will. "She left on her own free will, that's absolutely true, she did," he said. "But what happened after she left the house on her own free will, I don't know."

    ...Leanne Bearden's friends in Roswell said they have been asked by family members not to speak to the media. They have been told the family wants to make sure only accurate information is released about her disappearance.

  39. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:


  40. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    http://www.11alive.com/news/article/...ssing-in-Texas

    Former Roswell resident missing in Texas

    ROSWELL, Ga -- It has been three days since a former Roswell resident's family has seen her. Leanne Hecht Bearden, 33, left her in-laws home...

    ...Law enforcement officials in Texas have no active searches for her and have no reason to suspect foul play at this point...

    ...Joshua Bearden said police told him his wife left of her own free will. "She left on her own free will, that's absolutely true, she did," he said. "But what happened after she left the house on her own free will, I don't know."

    ...Leanne Bearden's friends in Roswell said they have been asked by family members not to speak to the media. They have been told the family wants to make sure only accurate information is released about her disappearance.
    Reminds me of Natalee Holloway's aunt telling Natalee's friends to keep mum. Hmm.

  41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:


  42. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,947
    Let's remember we have no suspects in this case. Let's remember to treat the case players (husband, family) as victims as well.

    Can anyone create some screenshots or maps of the area?
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

    "I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

    Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

  43. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:


  44. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    244
    There is no reason to suspect foul play at this time. The cops certainly don't. I've spoken with his best friend on the phone and he said he is so distraught. He is fighting so hard to keep this in the news and media. I just don't see him being guilty and doing that. It doesn't make sense? If he did it, then why would be be fighting to get the cops and msm involved?
    My gut tells me that she fell and is hurt somewhere or possible abduction.
    But stranger things have happened.
    Heidi search center and Texas search and rescue are helping with the search. The police are NOT, which really upsets me.
    But at least these other two organizations are. I will get some screenshots and even take a video or two of the area she was last seen so you can have a visual.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    www.hopethehiphippo.com


    Together we can, together we will.

    www.hipdysplasia.org

  45. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AddysMom7610 For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #9
    By los2188 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 946
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 03:55 PM
  2. Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #8
    By los2188 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1052
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 08:01 PM
  3. Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #7
    By los2188 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1069
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
  4. Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #4
    By los2188 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 946
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
  5. Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #2
    By los2188 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 922
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 12:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •