Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 - #1

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/2...an-san-antonio

Nancy Grace: "Leanne's friends are saying her disappearance just doesn't add up."

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:

UPDATE @ 7:00 ON 1/21: Texas Rangers said they will formulate a formal search party, according to Garden Ridge PD. That will not happen until Saturday, though.

Josh Bearden said they are organizing an independent search part at 8 a.m. Wednesday 1/22 at the Covenant Baptist Church.

http://www.kens5.com/on-tv/kens-repo...241209121.html
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/2...an-san-antonio

Nancy Grace: "Leanne's friends are saying it doesn't add up."
    Very misleading of NG, IMO, since she and they went onto to say there is no kind of suspicion at all that she has been harmed by anyone she knows. Very strange headline to use. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I added some videos of the area a few pages back. Feel free to check them out. I will try and answer questions about the area. I have lived here for almost 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.hopethehiphippo.com

Together we can, together we will.

www.hipdysplasia.org

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AddysMom7610 For This Useful Post:

I find it strange with LE sitting back. Here in Canada we have a very similar case going on. The search continued for a week before being significantly scaled back. This was for a missing male jogger. LE say he could have had an injury, left on own accord or self harm....still put a huge amount of effort into the search.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kitley2001 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AddysMom7610 View Post
    I added some videos of the area a few pages back. Feel free to check them out. I will try and answer questions about the area. I have lived here for almost 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks AddysMom! The videos are really helpful to get a feel of the area.

I might be naive, but I am leaning towards she went for a walk or hike and either fell/got injured or was abducted. While she is a runner, and obviously physically fit, she is a small woman, which makes her a pretty easy target for a larger man. On the other hand, she might have been missing the adventure of the world travel over the past two years and hiked to a place to find tranquility and made a wrong move.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AddysMom7610 View Post
    Ok these two links should work. The longer video is the first one.

http://youtu.be/MI6HJpgRQ9U

http://youtu.be/ONhgmE5jf8M
    Thank you for those videos! That gives us a really good feel for the area.
    Just IMO, I find it so odd that she could just go out for a walk and possibly find something interesting that catches her eye, and then possibly falls and gets hurt (scenario put forth by her husband). I AM NOT SAYING I THINK HE IS LYING! I just don't think that's what happened, imo. Think about it....she has just returned from traveling the world. Beautiful beaches, historical sites, ancient places.....and she goes out and gets distracted by something around this area? Please understand where I am coming from! I mean no disrespect to the residents of this area. I would LOVE to live in an area like this! With that said, I would not want to travel the globe as she and her husband did. I am just attempting to get into the state of mind she may have been in. Maybe the realization of normality, consistency, responsibility for finding a job etc...got a bit overwhelming and she needed some space? I'm hoping this is the case.
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FlamingoLady For This Useful Post:

“She came upstairs to say she was going on a walk and she’d be back in a little bit,” said her husband, outside his parent’s home in Garden Ridge, Texas.

But the petite, fit, former marathoner never returned Friday afternoon to her in-laws’ home.

“She needs help. I know she’s in the area. She did not catch a bus to go to Omaha or anything ridiculous like that,” Josh said.

http://kdvr.com/2014/01/21/denver-wo...ing-the-world/
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

If the Texas Rangers thought Leanne had fallen and was injured, they sure wouldn't wait until Saturday to search for her. IMO

So confusing. Maybe they're waiting to get more ping info to pin down search areas? But that wouldn't be pings from Leanne, because she didn't have a phone with her.

I just don't know with this one. I wish I could stop thinking about it lol.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else, have the hair on the back of your neck stand on end?

Yep, that popped out at me too.
    Dont have a good feeling about this case.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Advocate1 For This Useful Post:

http://www.naturalbridgecaverns.com/...BatFlight.aspx

This is a little over 5 miles from the Bearden home in Garden Ridge.

Scroll down to watch the flight of the bats. I'm amazed they don't run into each other. lol

Josh is from that area of Texas.

Leanne is from Ga and graduated for the U of Ga. Two years on the road traveling the world. I don't know if she was very familiar with that area or not.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is online now The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Last seen before going hiking. What happen to walking! I hate news sometimes. But if they new which dense wooded forest that might be of help.

"Leanne Bearden was last seen on Friday when she went hiking alone in a densely wooded area in Garden Ridge, Texas"

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/2...r-safe-return/

24. The Following User Says Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is online now The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Thank you Addysmom for the videos. First I am jealous. Sunny and fresh looking.

I wonder what area LE searched in the first few days. Didn't they use dogs?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    Thank you for those videos! That gives us a really good feel for the area.
    Just IMO, I find it so odd that she could just go out for a walk and possibly find something interesting that catches her eye, and then possibly falls and gets hurt (scenario put forth by her husband). I AM NOT SAYING I THINK HE IS LYING! I just don't think that's what happened, imo. Think about it....she has just returned from traveling the world. Beautiful beaches, historical sites, ancient places.....and she goes out and gets distracted by something around this area? Please understand where I am coming from! I mean no disrespect to the residents of this area. I would LOVE to live in an area like this! With that said, I would not want to travel the globe as she and her husband did. I am just attempting to get into the state of mind she may have been in. Maybe the realization of normality, consistency, responsibility for finding a job etc...got a bit overwhelming and she needed some space? I'm hoping this is the case.
    bbm - I have a long time friend who used to travel extensively and for long periods of time when he was younger. Every time he came back to his home country he got depressed. He didn't really wanted to be there, he was only happy when on the move, seeing new countries. Could very well be that she didn't like to be in the US and staying at her in-laws house. Not trying to say anything bad about them at all! But if she is the type of person my friend was she might have felt cramped and unhappy. jmo

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

These cases always freak me out because I quite often go out for walks/runs alone and without having told anyone my exact route (because I make it up as I go along). I always take a phone, but I sincerely hope if I'd fallen and injured myself that people would be out looking for me before too long.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to alreetlike For This Useful Post:

Still no news and it's going to start snowing tomorrow evening.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diane22 For This Useful Post:

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

I just read her Husband Josh is doing his own search with volunteers this morning at 8 AM, which is in a couple of minutes. I'm searching for coverage now and will update if I hear anything. Today is going to be 70 but the weather is going to start dropping and sleet/snow expected tomorrow evening into Friday morning.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diane22 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The family of a woman who went missing in Garden Ridge is set to form a search party Wednesday morning to find any clues into her disappearance.

The search party will begin at 8 a.m. at Covenant Baptist Church in the 19000 block of FM 2252.

snip

Investigators maintain they are concerned for the woman's welfare, but said at this point, there has been no indication of a crime.

Family and friends believe otherwise.

snip

In addition to Wednesdays search party, the Texas Rangers announced they will also form a search party on Saturday, according to the Garden Ridge Police Department.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/5-da...medium=twitter

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...ra=ls&t=h&z=18

where search will start from today
    This bee my opinion

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...=h&mra=ls&z=13

here is where bracken cave is in relation to where the search is starting (just to get a feel of the area)
    This bee my opinion

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.goexplore365.com/p/locations.html

Some interesting facts about Leanne and her husband Josh. They seem like a loving, fun couple and she does have experience with running (although I do believe she went for a walk, if she did leave the house on her own.)

I also read on the Find Leanne FB that they shared 1 cell phone and her husband had the phone as he was using it for job hunting purposes.

I hope she's somewhere safe and comes home today. I really don't want to think about the alternative, yet.
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LivingJuicy For This Useful Post:

not sure if we knew this?
    The couple traveled to Texas following a two-year trip around the world. The were scheduled supposed to fly home to Colorado on Tuesday.
    http://www.kens5.com/news/5-days-no-...241456301.html
    This bee my opinion

50. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast