Dad gets OfficeMax mail addressed 'Daughter Killed In Car Crash'

Softail

Reaction score
Dad gets OfficeMax mail addressed 'Daughter Killed In Car Crash'

An off-and-on customer of OfficeMax, Mike Seay has gotten the office supply company's junk mail for years. But the mail that the grieving Lindenhurst, Ill., father said he got from OfficeMax last week was different.

It was addressed to "Mike Seay, Daughter Killed In Car Crash."

Strange as that sounds, the mail reached the right guy. Seay's daughter Ashley, 17, was killed in a car crash with her boyfriend last year. OfficeMax somehow knew.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-officemax-mail-grieving-father-20140119,0,4072560.story

There is a picture of the mailing at the link. Very strange. :waitasec:

OfficeMax probably bought the mailing list of some company that collects mailing information for people who market to the families of deceased family members -- maybe children in particular. I can sometimes tell where someone got my address by the way my name appears, including misspellings.

jmo

Looks like they bought a list and the data was incorrectly entered into the "business name" field flagging it as a business address.

How awful for the dad. Reminds me of when my toddler son died and a couple weeks later the hospital sent him a comment card, "how was your stay?"

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

How awful for the dad. Reminds me of when my toddler son died and a couple weeks later the hospital sent him a comment card, "how was your stay?"

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Oh Flourish how horrible! I am sorry for your loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back