1068 users online (185 members and 883 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,122

    IL - Sauget, WhtMale UP11511, 30-50, in woods, Russian rubles, Dec'12

    Human skeletal remains were found by a hunter in a wooded area northwest of Sauget on December 3rd, 2012. A release from the Sauget Police Department says that five Russian ruble coins (approx. $3.66 US) in blue sweatpants were found along with the bones.

    The remains were sent to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification. Testing reveals that the skeleton belonged to a 506″ /601″ white male that was 30-50 years old.



    source: http://fox2now.com/2014/01/22/hunter...-sauget-woods/
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-23-2014 at 05:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    892
    He is in NamUs:
    UP#11511
    It has some pretty interesting information.

    LOCATION
    • Overgrown field near American Bottom Road, 62206, Sauget, St. Clair County, IL


    DEMOGRAPHICS
    • Age: 20 - 50 years old
    • Race: White/Caucasian
    • Height: 5'9 on NamUs, but the news article states it could be anywhere between 5'6 and 6'1
    • One or more limbs not recovered, one or more hands not recovered


    PHYSICAL
    • Sustained a ''blunt force head injury resulting in a skull fracture during life''. States that there are probably medical records of the injury.
    • Also had a broken bone at one point in his life.


    CLOTHING
    • Blue sweatpants, one sock, pieces of an Adidas shoe
    • Clothing was found near the remains
    • Five Russian rubles recovered


    DNA and dentals are available.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,037
    Just to give a (formerly) local perspective, Sauget is a tiny industrial town just across the river from St. Louis. It abuts East St. Louis, an extremely rundown and dangerous city. The only real industry in Sauget is a number of strip clubs, massage parlors and other adult entertainment venues. It seems to be equally possible that this man was homeless, a member of a criminal group, or simply on a pleasure trip from a nearby city and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowheresville, VT.
    Posts
    237
    Here's an Illinois fugitive from way up in Lake County, Gennady Shklyar, who seems to fill the bill (first profile).


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    western PA, USA
    Posts
    903
    Interesting find! The fugitive's nose skews to the right like the nose on the reconstruction.

    In July 2003, the fugitive and another man with a Russian name were caught attempting to sell over 1,000 Ectasy pills, the largest bust of that particular drug at the time in the county:

    http://www.lakecountymeg.org/News (search for 'Gennady Skylar" to find the articles)

    While on the run in May 2005, he was sentenced in absentia to 23 years in prison. His alias is Glenn Skylar:
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1N1-10D9242C5E877DA0.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    I think you are onto something vermontaigne. Excellent find. Not only does the nose match, the shape of the face, the timeline, age and height also match.

    I would contact the Lake County authorities as well as the coroners office and make sure they are both aware of this fugitive and his strong resemblance to the UID. I forget if IL is a post conviction state to gather DNA on felons, so there may or may not be DNA on file for Shkylar.

    Please follow up on this. If you are hesitant to, I'd be happy to do it for you and make sure you get the credit for the possible match.

    tia
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowheresville, VT.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I think you are onto something vermontaigne. Excellent find. Not only does the nose match, the shape of the face, the timeline, age and height also match.

    I would contact the Lake County authorities as well as the coroners office and make sure they are both aware of this fugitive and his strong resemblance to the UID. I forget if IL is a post conviction state to gather DNA on felons, so there may or may not be DNA on file for Shkylar.

    Please follow up on this. If you are hesitant to, I'd be happy to do it for you and make sure you get the credit for the possible match.

    tia
    Thanks, Cubby. I just emailed the link to the Lake County M.E.G. If you'd like to contact anyone else, please do.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    Which link did you send vermontaige? NamUs or the link to the police dept in Southern IL investigating the UID?

    I think I will give a quick call when I have a free minute to the jurisdiction handling the UID. Always good to make sure both sides have the info.

    What's throwing me is an MSM link (through one linked above) indicates the sweatpants found were a size 46 waist. No way is Skylar a 46" waist, but if this was in an area near East St. Louis it might not be related.....

    I will follow up and make sure you get the credit vermontaigne. I had never thought of seeking fugitives for UID's, but that is a great idea!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    Oh man. I danced at a club there (Pt's) for a long while. The Russian mafia is thick. Missing hand? Rubes? Dressed in Adidas? Yeah. This was a mafia hit, mark my words. He probably owed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    double post


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowheresville, VT.
    Posts
    237
    Thanks, Cubby. You're right about the sweat pants waist. Yeah, I bet a lot of our stickier UIDs are fugitives. If this is right, then I just got lucky by searching for Illinois+fugitive+Russia, because they happened to mention Russian descent in his description.

    Azure mentioned the possibility above, and I'd been looking at the San Angelo UID with the mutilated fingertips and multiple aliases/IDs. Then there's Tatertot's unearthing of the charges, and you've got to figure someone who is arrested on possession of 1000 ecstasy tabs who makes a guilty preliminary plea is at risk from associates.

    I sent the Websleuths link.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    Oh man. I danced at a club there (Pt's) for a long while. The Russian mafia is thick. Missing hand? Rubes? Dressed in Adidas? Yeah. This was a mafia hit, mark my words. He probably owed.
    The remains were skeletal and more bones were missing than just the hand. The bones could have been disturbed by animals.

    It's not a stretch considering the area and criminal back ground.

    I am going to follow up tomorrow just to make sure both jurisdictions are aware.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    I live in chitown and have worked for some seedy people that own strip clubs (only 3 crime families run ALL strip clubs in the US) - and his description looks to be a hit. I could be wrong but what's the odds? I could see someone taking a runner and doing away with them, they are the low end of the totem pole - the guys who essentially drive the girls to and from gigs (or johns). If they withhold money or fail the bring enough girls, things happen.

    I know this will sound cynical and horrible but ... live by the sword die by the sword. Of course I think he deserves an identity and his family to know. His family is probably back in EU. Don't count out that he could be Polish or Ukrainian, they have mafia too. Nothing is as scary as Russian so please PLEASE be careful in reporting things (don't leave your real name or phone #, use a disposable email) .. ok? You can't be too careful and please take my advice, as someone who's worked in their clubs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    I live in chitown and have worked for some seedy people that own strip clubs (only 3 crime families run ALL strip clubs in the US) - and his description looks to be a hit. I could be wrong but what's the odds? I could see someone taking a runner and doing away with them, they are the low end of the totem pole - the guys who essentially drive the girls to and from gigs (or johns). If they withhold money or fail the bring enough girls, things happen.

    I know this will sound cynical and horrible but ... live by the sword die by the sword. Of course I think he deserves an identity and his family to know. His family is probably back in EU. Don't count out that he could be Polish or Ukrainian, they have mafia too. Nothing is as scary as Russian so please PLEASE be careful in reporting things (don't leave your real name or phone #, use a disposable email) .. ok? You can't be too careful and please take my advice, as someone who's worked in their clubs.
    FWIW, I danced in Chicago and at the Penthouse club in Sauget fairly recently and other than lots of cops who could be bought, never ran into a member of an organized crime ring. I'm not trying to doubt you, AstroKitty, but I don't think there's any need for a layperson calling in a possible identity of a UID to panic.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    FWIW, I danced in Chicago and at the Penthouse club in Sauget fairly recently and other than lots of cops who could be bought, never ran into a member of an organized crime ring. I'm not trying to doubt you, AstroKitty, but I don't think there's any need for a layperson calling in a possible identity of a UID to panic.
    I bet we've worked together! I danced at VIPS for 8 years.
    Anyway, there's just shady stuff when it comes to bringing in the EU girls. You don't see things per-say but it's there. I just would hate someone to call something in and word get out, I'm just paranoid like that though. I'm not trying to scare anyone .. I'm just thinking of all the possible ways this could pan out. Again, it's my lil' paranoia because sadly I've known people to get mixed up (they lived of course but the stories I've heard...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA Canada - Oshawa, Ont, WhtMale, 20-40, in woods, Mar'12
    By Fin in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:58 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 03:23 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 04:49 PM
  5. CA CA - Lakehead, WhtMale, 20-50, handcuffed, buried in woods, Dec'03
    By CarlK90245 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 02:59 PM

Tags for this Thread