SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

1507162_235153466657383_988633367_n.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
If you have questions, pm a Mod.

The police report can be discussed, but NO NAMES, NO REDACTED INFORMATION, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

MSM released the report and they can't take it back now. But that doesn't mean this is a free for all. We need to be respectful of LE's investigation and unnamed POIs/suspect. Given that LE has NOT named ANY POI/Suspect - you may NOT consider anyone mentioned as such.

If you have questions or concerns, pm me or Imamaze or any mod. Don't post it in the threads. And don't post anything you are unsure about. Use restraint and common sense, okay?

Salem

TOs are being issued. Zero tolerance. Mind the rules, everybody.

The Find Heather Face book page is not linkable or discussable
We do not have a suspect or person of interest named by law enforcement
No sleuthing anyone and posting it here (other than Heather)
No discussing anyone as a suspect or person of interest
You can discuss what is in main stream media and from law enforcement

Please continue here...

Hey guys. I missed a little bit towards the end of the last thread I think and whenever we change I have trouble remembering what to get over here...

<Mod Snip>

Re: the photo of HE driving stick: That night was unseasonably warm. Please keep in mind this is SC, not NY. It's not uncommon to see people in shorts and flip flops year round. No matter how much I may shiver.

ETA: http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...-South-Carolina&date=20131217000000&sort=hour It reached 66 that day, and around 7, when she would have left, it was 55.

Re: Heather being left handed based on how she wears a watch and carries her purse.
I am right handed, wear a watch everyday on my right wrist (I know this is not common-who made the watch rule anyway that it's supposed to be worn on your left wrist?), and I carry my purse on my right shoulder. So I don't think we can glean anything from this information.

Hey guys. I missed a little bit towards the end of the last thread I think and whenever we change I have trouble remembering what to get over here...

<Mod Snip>

Re: the photo of HE driving stick: That night was unseasonably warm. Please keep in mind this is SC, not NY. It's not uncommon to see people in shorts and flip flops year round. No matter how much I may shiver.

ETA: http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...-South-Carolina&date=20131217000000&sort=hour It reached 66 that day, and around 7, when she would have left, it was 55.
The thanks button is not enough. I think people sitting in snow forget that not everyone is sitting in snow. And that 55 might be cold for some people, but not for everyone.

The thanks button is not enough. I think people sitting in snow forget that not everyone is sitting in snow. And that 55 might be cold for some people, but not for everyone.

For people that live in snow, myself, 55 is paradise. We embrace it. We love it. We are in the negatives constantly. It is actually usually the opposite. When you go to warmer climates, the cooler it gets, the more clothes people put on because their body isn't used to the temperature. As I mentioned we have homes in two states. CA and the Midwest. Our CA doesn't dress like that at 55. Heck, they barely dress like that anywhere in the 60's.

Re: Heather being left handed based on how she wears a watch and carries her purse.
I am right handed, wear a watch everyday on my right wrist (I know this is not common-who made the watch rule anyway that it's supposed to be worn on your left wrist?), and I carry my purse on my right shoulder. So I don't think we can glean anything from this information.
Again, thanks is not enough. I am considered right handed, yet do most everything else left handed. My son is the same way. I wear my watch about two inches up on my arm and with the face pointed inwards. What would that say about me? (What it really says is that I used to play racquetball and this was the only way to keep from breaking the watch crystal. )

Unless you know how a person usually uses their hands (or feet for that matter) for something, even having a picture of them opening a pickle jar doesn't tell you if they are right handed or left handed. Just that they open a pickle jar with whatever hand is in the picture.

Not sure if I get what all the talking about the pic that she sent to her dad that night.
It is not a selfie, someone took that pic, I have to assume it was her date. I also have to assume LE have questioned him and asked if he took that pic. I also have to assume if that was not the pic that he took of her he would have stated that to LE.

For people that live in snow, myself, 55 is paradise. We embrace it. We love it. We are in the negatives constantly. It is actually usually the opposite. When you go to warmer climates, the cooler it gets, the more clothes people put on because their body isn't used to the temperature. As I mentioned we have homes in two states. CA and the Midwest. Our CA doesn't dress like that at 55. Heck, they barely dress like that anywhere in the 60's.
Our CA does, though. So while your CA doesn't, mine, and all my friends from San Francisco to San Diego, wear anything from swimsuits year round to heavy coats in the summer, depending on the person. As I said last night, our house was 56 last night and everyone in it was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. (I didn't mention that the front door was open with the screen). We cannot judge what is appropriate wear for anyone else by our own standards. Only each individual knows what works for them, and/or the people that know them would know how they usually dress.

I too am technically right-handed, in regards to writing(when opening a jar, I hold it with my right hand and twist the lid with my left) and I carry my purse on my right shoulder. I do wear my watch on the left, but have also been know to wear it for months with a dead battery because I feel naked without it. FWIW

Good eye to whoever said the photo lacked Christmas lights empty parking lot etc..........maybe that pix was taken at another date and just sent that night to dad.
It was a text so we really do not know if HE sent it or not. I take pix on my phone and days later put them on FB or send them to someone........

I am rt handed & carry my purse on my right shoulder. Maybe the watch was new since she doesn't have a lot of other pics with it? In browsing SM today I noticed HE smokes (green) Camel cigs. I would be curious if there were butts near her car, IMO would help determine if she spent any length of time at PTL that night/day or if it was a quick drop of the car.

For people checking Heather's twitter. On the 25th March, she mentions she needs to be in Florida right there and then as she cant stand the distance.

That sounds like a love interest, so was it the ex boyfriend she lived with, a co-worker or OM or AN Other?
Which one of them was in Florida at that time?
Or was she in a long distance relationship that we haven't found out about yet?

I hope LE have checked this angle out as it could easily catch one of them out in a lie. KWIM?

Good eye to whoever said the photo lacked Christmas lights empty parking lot etc..........maybe that pix was taken at another date and just sent that night to dad.
It was a text so we really do not know if HE sent it or not. I take pix on my phone and days later put them on FB or send them to someone........

someone else local mentioned that was the BACK of that particular shopping area and was not very popular. They said that the FRONT had a movie theatre.
In the areas I'm familiar with most stores decorate the FRONT and not the rear??
Hope I'm correct. I believe that other person stated there was a more popular shopping place right down the road. Sorry if I can't remember names-it seems a lot of threads blur together.:banghead:

Our CA does, though. So while your CA doesn't, mine, and all my friends from San Francisco to San Diego, wear anything from swimsuits year round to heavy coats in the summer, depending on the person. As I said last night, our house was 56 last night and everyone in it was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. (I didn't mention that the front door was open with the screen). We cannot judge what is appropriate wear for anyone else by our own standards. Only each individual knows what works for them, and/or the people that know them would know how they usually dress.

[modsnip] We are looking at the details and trying to figure out if there is anything there to help found out what happen to HE. [modsnip].

I apologize if someone already mentioned it, but our malls here close at 10:00PM around Christmas time, and they make the employees park way in the back of the lots, so the front parking lot WOULD be empty at 10:45. Do the stores at Inlet Square Mall stay open later than 10:00 pm at Christmas time?

I must agree with this, but I also have to point out that were talking about the southeast here. We have can quite heavy humidity which makes for a more sticky or balmy 60 degree day sometimes. The weather in the Deep South is very different from CA. I don't see a problem with how she is dressed in the pic for what I've seen the weather forecast to be on that day. Especially, if that other object might be a light sweater. My girls are cardigan crazy and wear them most of the winter. It's usually all they need down here where we are, with a few exceptions. Today would be one of those exceptions! Yikes. Our temp is headed down to the teens tonight with wind chills possibly dipping into -1. That's cold for here.

Thats a good thought IMO, but surely SS would know straight away if that wasnt his car on that night and would have informed LE and TE.

I truly dont think there is much to be found from that pic in the car. Well, except maybe the reason why she looks like a little puffier than in her older pics. I have my own thoughts on that but it's not to be said at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member