608 users online (88 members and 520 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

SC - Brandon Robinson, 20, shot to death on SC State campus, 24 Jan 2014

1 injured in South Carolina State University shooting

ORANGEBURG, S.C. A student has been shot at South Carolina State University, and officials say they are searching for the suspect.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oting/4831069/
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

South Carolina State University Shooting: Student Shot, Manhunt Underway

The university sent out an alert saying the student was hurt Friday afternoon at the Hugine Suites. The school says police think they know who fired the gun and are looking for the suspect. The name and condition of the student were not released.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4661331.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

School have become an everyday occurrence.
    Praying the victim is ok.

I think this student targeted. I hope he'll be ok.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Police are pursing four suspects and know who they are, the university said. The shooting apparently occurred inside a dormitory building.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24...te-university/

4 suspects!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

South Carolina State University football player shot dead on Orangeburg campus, four suspects on the loose

Brandon A. Robinson, 20, was taken to a local hospital after being shot outside the Hugine Suites, a dorm complex on campus. He later died.

Robinson was a defensive lineman on the school's football team. The 6-foot tall, 230 pound redshirt junior was a defensive lineman for the Bulldogs.
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.1590465

When I saw there was another school shooting today, I just wanted to pull my hair out (as if it needs the help). When will this madness stop?

I hope LE finds all 4 of the suspects quickly and they are brought to justice.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    4 suspects? is this possibly a gang hit?

I cannot imagine how it would be to have children in school in America. This seems never ending. I would be worried sick from the time they left home in the morning until they came home in the afternoon. Even going to University is not safe. Since coming on W/S it is a never ending cycle of people being shot. My 16 year old granddaughter has just returned after being 3 weeks travelling around America playing basketball. We were on tender hooks the whole time she was away. My brother and sister-in-law did a trip throughout the U.S. and it was just their luck that they were leaving from L.A. to come home when the shooting started there. I admire all of you for having to live with what appears to be constant threats. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    4 suspects? is this possibly a gang hit?
    I wonder about that too.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/sc-state-shooting/
    <snipped>
    Police arrested a suspect early Saturday in the fatal shooting at South Carolina State University. Justin Bernard Singleton, 19, was charged with Friday's murder of 20-year-old student Brandon Robinson, according to a statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

The two were arguing, when Singleton pulled out a gun and fired at Robinson, hitting him in the neck, police said.
    I wonder if LE will pursue arrests of the other 3 originally ID'd as suspects? Surely the other 3 men who left campus with JBS were aware of what just transpired.

Why do so many young people today resort to violence to settle a dispute? I remember when I was in college, there was an older student who had served in the Vietnam war. He was an odd character, and one day some students were discussing a dispute they were having with some men from another fraternity. The vet offered to shoot the men for them, which shocked the other students. They told him, "That's not the way we handle our differences." It seems times have really changed. Are young people today exposed to violence so much that they are desensitized to it, like the Vietnam vet was, to the point they see it as a viable "solution" to their problems?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Brandon Robinson played outside linebacker and defensive end and appeared in four games last season. He attended high school in Orangeburg and was an engineering technology student.

"Brandon was a fine young man who was paying his way through college. All he wanted to do was play football for the university," Bulldogs coach Buddy Pough said. "We are at (a) loss for words right now."

SLED spokesman Thom Berry declined to say Saturday whether investigators were continuing to hunt for three other suspects. Detectives were confident Singleton pulled the trigger, he said.

"Our Investigation is still under way and is ongoing," Berry said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/brandon...ry?id=21848162