1099 users online (217 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Gina Zalunardo, 22, Shasta Lake, 8 May 2005

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=744028&page=1

Authorities Search for Oregon State University Student Seen Arguing With Boyfriend

May 10, 2005 — California authorities are looking for an Oregon State University student who disappeared after she was seen arguing with her boyfriend.

Police said Gina Zalunardo, 22, was last seen Saturday night at a houseboat party in Shasta Lake, Calif. Zalunardo, a junior majoring in international business at Oregon State University, had been arguing with her boyfriend that night and got separated from a group of students who were vacationing on the houseboat. A friend reported Zalunardo missing on Sunday morning after searching for her overnight.

However, Shasta County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Mark Lillibridge said the boyfriend — whose name has not been released — is not considered a suspect in Zalunardo's disappearance and foul play is not suspected.

Popular Vacation Getaway for Students

Lillibridge said there did not seem to be unusual activity reported at Shasta Lake, which has been an attraction for students looking for a getaway around this time of the year.

"This is the time of the year that the college kids come out usually from Oregon State University," he said Monday. "They pick other dates each year, and it's been a tradition for several years. They [the students] have about 40 boats that went out [over the weekend] and I would say approximately 50 kids that showed up. … We basically had one of the most uneventful college weekends that we've ever had. We had one assault. We didn't have any medical issues to speak of."

The houseboat where Zalunardo was last seen was anchored at Slaughterhouse Island near where the Sacramento and Pit rivers flow into Shasta Lake. Volunteers and search and rescue officials have been searching the island and using submersible cameras to search Shasta Lake since Sunday.

Anyone with information on Zalunardo's whereabouts is asked to call the Shasta County's Sheriff's Department at (530) 245- 6540.

Body found?

WHERE IS CAYLEE???

I'm so glad someone started a thread on Gina......just a couple hours north of me and hardly any local coverage here. I was glad to see Greta find some time to bring this to the national awareness level on her show the other night. I'm so sorry this has such a tragic ending.

Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    I'm so glad someone started a thread on Gina......just a couple hours north of me and hardly any local coverage here. I was glad to see Greta find some time to bring this to the national awareness level on her show the other night. I'm so sorry this has such a tragic ending.
    I had looked for her after hearing about her on Nancy Grace but I forgot her name....I wish there had been a thread for her sooner, but it looks like there is so much going on in the world today that there just isn't enough space to talk about it all! So sad...

Prayers for her family!

WHERE IS CAYLEE???

slaughterhouse island...what a horrible place to be found!

I'm surprised this case hasn't gotten more attention. Greta had a segment on her program tonight on Gina. She was such a pretty girl.
    Karen

JJJJaded is offline It's The Same Old Story, Same Old Song and Dance, My Friend...S. Tyler
    Prayers for the family.

In God's Love,
    JJJJaded
    Last edited by JJJJaded; 05-13-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling

From the local news...no story to link to.....the autopsy will be done on Monday. At this time her death is classified as suspicious.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...E-5E01614D0B63
    .................................................. .....
    "Gina Zalunardo, a 22-year-old Redmond, Oregon woman disappeared from Shasta Lake last weekend.

Search and rescue personnel found the body in heavy vegetation shortly after 11 a.m. Thursday morning while conducting a grid search of Slaughterhouse Island on the lake.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says there were no obvious signs of trauma on the clothed body. But authorities say the case is being investigated as a suspicious death until a cause of death is determined."

It is either a 'natural death,' 'accidental death,' or 'murder.' IF it's murder, it wasn't a sexual assault as she was clothed.

Suspicious for now.

JMHO
    fran

PS
    My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends in their loss....fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran
    IF it's murder, it wasn't a sexual assault as she was clothed.
    Don't rule that out yet!!! Just because you're clothed.... doesn't mean that you weren't assaulted... Only the ME will be able to determine that... ;-)

At first her clothing was reported to be a swimsuit top and short skirt......then I heard swimsuit top and shorts. Sounds like she was dressed for play in the water and sun not fully clothed yet clothed in what she was reported to be wearing when she was last see. She certainly wasn't dressed warmly enough for the weather and a lengthy exposure to the elements.

Lake Shasta death apparent suicide

A woman found dead after a Mother’s Day weekend houseboating party on Lake Shasta appears to have hanged herself, an autopsy determined today.

"The evidence from the scene was the indication of that," Pope said today. "We’ll be awaiting some toxicology reports, but that’s the indication."

That's the jist of the article............have to register to read

http://www1.redding.com/redd/nw_loca...781931,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    A woman found dead after a Mother’s Day weekend houseboating party on Lake Shasta appears to have hanged herself, an autopsy determined today.

"The evidence from the scene was the indication of that," Pope said today. "We’ll be awaiting some toxicology reports, but that’s the indication."

That's the jist of the article............have to register to read

http://www1.redding.com/redd/nw_loca...781931,00.html

Oh, no. How sad. Praying for her family. I heard her momma talking on Fox News the other day, and she was hopeful that Gina would show up. So very sad.

How do you get from "No obvious signs of trauma" to "she hanged herself"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast