ID ID - Brianna Cook, 17, Osburn, 26 Oct 2013

SurfieTX

Reaction score
OSBURN - Compelling details of the death of Brianna Cook, a 17-year-old from Pinehurst who was discovered hanging in her father's bathroom in the early morning hours of Oct. 26, may provide a link to the ongoing death investigation of Dylan Parker.

Several months apart, both teenagers left from the same home, at the same time of the night and apparently began walking down the same road, Palin said.

"There's no way it's a coincidence," she said.

Cook, who did not go missing, was picked up by her sister and a couple of friends in Osburn after apparently leaving the party because she was upset. She was then driven home to her father's house in Pinehurst.

It was about an hour later - 1 a.m. - that Cook's father found his daughter hanging in his bathroom. Palin said he would not have been able to hear anything occurring inside his home because he sleeps with a fan right next to his head.

But Cook's death, which Palin said was initially deemed a suicide by a local police officer, is part of an ongoing investigation by the Idaho State Police.
Michael Van Leuven, an ISP detective, said last week that Cook's case is labeled as a "death investigation" and that they are not characterizing it as a homicide or suicide as evidence continues to be gathered and interviews are conducted.

Lonny Duce, the Shoshone County coroner, said the cause of death on Cook's death certificate is still listed as undetermined.

Palin obtained a copy of her daughter's autopsy report, which was conducted at the Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office. A summary of case findings states that Cook suffered from "asphyxia due to hanging by ligature" and "blunt impact to the head" with a "contusion of forehead."

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_c890ab6e-2102-5894-9d84-ae6bd77dddf0.html

Thanks for starting this thread, Surfie.

It's interesting to note that it's not just the family refusing to believe this was a suicide. It appears it's being investigated still.

I don't understand this case, though. The sister picked her up from a party with friends, where she was very upset. This was about midnight. Took her to the dad's house (with or without friends?). Within an hour she's deceased by hanging in the bathroom.

It's kind of hard to believe someone broke in there and murdered her right there in the house where the dad was, although apparently with a fan on he couldn't hear things. It seems to me he certainly could have heard screaming.

Additionally, it caught my eye that she was "outspoken against suicide" and had told her family she would never do that. In my opinion, that indicates someone who, in fact, is more likely to do that than most people. Most people don't consider suicide, don't think about it, don't talk about it, and don't tell their family they won't ever do it. They simply don't think much about suicide.

I think that it would depend on her personal experiences. If she had some friends or classmates who committed suicide, she might have became outspoken about it as it personally touched her life.

What's weird to me is that the COD is not determined. Does that mean the blunt impact to her head was enough to kill her too in addition to the asphyxia?

It's kind of hard to believe someone broke in there and murdered her right there in the house where the dad was, although apparently with a fan on he couldn't hear things. It seems to me he certainly could have heard screaming.

Yep. Something stinks with that story. I sleep with a fan and can hear my dog moving around in the next room.

Whoever hung her must have known the layout of the house. How many bathrooms have a place that this could be set up? And what nerves of steel to do this with someone "sleeping" in the next room.

I wonder how one would hang herself in a bathroom? A light fixture? The bathtub shower rod? I wouldn't think either one would be sufficiently strong enough to hold an "adult" sized body or even be tall enough, unless the home had really high ceilings.

"Our beloved girl, Brianna Sue Cook, 17, of Pinehurst, Idaho, passed away Oct. 26, 2013, at Shoshone Medical Center of Kellogg. "

Interesting. I guess I assumed she was deceased when found.

I wonder how one would hang herself in a bathroom? A light fixture? The bathtub shower rod? I wouldn't think either one would be sufficiently strong enough to hold an "adult" sized body or even be tall enough, unless the home had really high ceilings.

I was wondering the same thing myself. It seems that the only place would be the shower rod.

Just thinking out loud. If she did attach the ligature to the rod, most are tension rods. She could have hit her knees on the side of the tub, and then I would think the rod would come down under the weight. Maybe it hit her in the head. It's possible that was enough to tighten the ligature enough to asphyxiate her, without actually hanging. I just have a hard time believing someone snuck into the house and hit her on the head with a pipe and then made it look like a suicide. That would be so risky with her dad sleeping nearby. Were there any signs of forced entry?

I have to wonder if it's possible Dylan tied that for her, not knowing why she wanted it. Or even if he didn't, that some one assumed he did. Ugh! :(

A new sheriff has been elected into office and wants to reopen both dylan and briannas investigations, hopefully this will lead to more answers!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

From February:

http://www.khq.com/story/31182610/where-is-the-truth-investigating-silver-valley-teen-deaths

Three Silver Valley teenagers are dead. Their families and the former deputy coroner suspect foul play. Investigators do not. KHQ investigated, where is the truth?

"It was always considered a joke, but the saying was, if you wanted to commit murder do it in Shoshone County, you'll get away with it," said former deputy coroner Dave Roose. "I've seen deaths in a lot of different forms and shapes. But it gets back to that gut instinct thing. If it looks wrong, if it feels wrong, it is wrong. Brianna Cook, Dylan Parker and Ashley Sullivan were murdered"...

The Idaho State Police wouldn't do an on camera interview... They did release this statement:

“Both the Cook and Parker cases are closed. Our detectives looked at many different angles in both cases and foul play is not suspected in either. Of course if a citizen has information that would indicate foul play and they have not talked previously talked to law enforcement, they can call the agencies that originated the cases. This would be the Pinehurst Police Department in the Cook case or the Shoshone County Sheriff’s Office in the Parker case."

Thanks for starting this thread, Surfie.

It's interesting to note that it's not just the family refusing to believe this was a suicide. It appears it's being investigated still.

I don't understand this case, though. The sister picked her up from a party with friends, where she was very upset. This was about midnight. Took her to the dad's house (with or without friends?). Within an hour she's deceased by hanging in the bathroom.

Additionally, it caught my eye that she was "outspoken against suicide" and had told her family she would never do that. In my opinion, that indicates someone who, in fact, is more likely to do that than most people. Most people don't consider suicide, don't think about it, don't talk about it, and don't tell their family they won't ever do it. They simply don't think much about suicide.

The absolute problem with that theory is that she could NOT tie in any form! She could not have tied herself up there. Also her entire case is completely full of forensic impossibilities. She WAS without a doubt knocked out (the contusion on the forehead.) It only took them less than 30 seconds to grab her up (in a choke hold) and knock her out. She only got one punch and absolutely no screaming (so the only noise her dad heard was one bang~which he attributed to the door slamming.) The dog did not bark or greet the girls when they got to the house. ???
The policeman refused to take pictures of her body, to secure the scene, or to take any pictures of the scene. He refused to investigate. His own report states he was at the residence 3 minutes and the piece of cord he collected he threw away. The deputy coroner that went to the hospital was not on duty and he was called in and the one on duty refused to show up with the camera and equipment so there are no official pictures and the liver temperature etc not done, as it should have been. Brianna's uncle became mayor of the little town and tried to have her case looked into and the government shut him down also that police chief who refused to investigate took a medical retirement and left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back