MD - Two killed, 5 injured in Columbia mall shooting, 25 Jan 2014

~n/t~

Reaction score
Breaking news. Will post link when I find one

Here's a link

The Howard County Fire Department is reporting an active shooter situation at the Mall in Columbia. Both the Howard County police and fire departments are on the scene. The fire department is advising people to avoid the area.

Customers inside the mall are reporting that several store have been shut down and customers have directed toward the AMC Theater.

More details to come.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...olumbia-mall-shooting-20140125,0,967893.story

Police are at the scene of a shooting at Columbia Mall in Howard County, Md., WTOP radio is reporting.

Howard County Fire and Rescue say there is an active shooter in the mall, Spokeswoman Denise Weist told the radio station.

Weist says the department received the call at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday. Police and fire officials are on the scene. There are no immediate reports of injuries.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/25/columbia-mall-shooting/4893295/

This is horrible. I feel like there's been a random mass shooting almost every single day this week. WTH is wrong with people? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stomach is in knots… this is the mall most people in our area frequent.

Per live presser on CNN:

Ken Ulman, Howard County Executive:

3 confirmed dead.
Active crime scene, will be for some time.
Next briefing 4 pm

Thanking responders who rushed in, neighboring agencies, state police.

Chief Bill McMahon, Howard County Police:

11:15 911 received a number of calls.
3 victims on upper level. One appears to be shooter.
Many people in mall on Saturday who sheltered in place. Swat teams are going through stores to clear mall and be sure no other victims. There may have been injuries in the panic

No identity yet of victims or shooter.

Thanks to Columbia Mall, the public for their patience. We are working as quickly as possible. Also thanked other agencies, fire department.

Questions:

Won't release gender of victims

Shooting was in a store on upper level, not at food court.

Don't know if random or not.

Is a single shooter

Law enforcement did not fire.

Thought most people sheltered, did what we encourage them to do. No stampedes.

Detectives are interviewing on site.

Don't know how many shots fired.

All victims were found about the same time.

Happened to have some swat team members in area on another assignment which was very fortunate.

Back at 4 pm for conference.

This is horrible. I feel like there's been a random mass shooting almost every single day this week. WTH is wrong with people? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to post the same thing LarkBunting.
It's not safe to go anywhere anymore with shootings at schools, work and malls. smh

Howard County Police Chief Bill McMahon told reporters that the shooter apparently shot two people before shooting himself in a store on the second floor. The motive was unclear.

The body of the suspected shooter was found near a shotgun on the floor of Zumiez, a shop that caters to skaters, police said.

Police entered the mall and found three people dead, including one person who was found near a gun and ammunition. There was no indication of additional shots being fired. The scene was secure shortly before 1 p.m., police said.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

One person hospitalized with gunshot wound as well. I heard this myself on CNN, so no link. Interesting, I wonder if he/she was just a accidental victim, or if the gunman meant to shoot him/her as well.

WUSA9 just tweeted, and posted on Facebook, the names of the 2 victims: Brianna Benlolo, 21, of College Park, MD, and Tyler Johnson, 25, of Ellicott City, MD. Waiting for them to post on their site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back