1026 users online (227 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #12

Pay attention to this post because it spells out rules that apply, in addition to our standard TOS, to this case in particular.

No speculating that Teleka has run off to meet some unsavory character or escaped convict.

No religious discussion unless it relates DIRECTLY to Teleka's disappearance.

The videos are linked here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #4

Please use this link and NOT private twitter accounts. Remember, if you link to a non-case player's account - you cannot discuss or sleuth that person, so just use the above link and play it safe. Also please note, that if for any reason LE pulls the videos, we will pull them also.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private! This includes closed social media accounts that can only be retrieved through cached pages

Teleka's Twitter: http://video.twicsy.com/i/bvFMi
    Teleka's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teleka.patrick?fref=ts

Media/Resource/timeline thread: MI Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7

Thread 8

Thread 9

Thread 10

Thread 11

Teleka Patrick Case Archive

Last edited by KateB; 05-05-2015 at 06:52 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

The thread is open for posting again.

Keep in mind that MS is regarded as a victim, and the usual rules apply.

No victim bashing.

No suggesting that MS is responsible for becoming a victim.

This is a warning for all, and those who ignore it are subject to a TO without further notice.

Thanks.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    I forgot that there were mentions of timeshares owned by her. Where did that info come from again? Was it the divorce records?

This is a very good question!
    I'd completely forgotten about the timeshares. One would have hoped le would have looked into this pretty early on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising when we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Bsublime View Post
    Wow, just watching flyover video of the accident on I-94. In all of our chatting, I just didn't really take in how many trucks are on that highway. I am not just talking about the accident itself, but when they show about a mile of the back-up and traffic going West, it is all semis

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...241709461.html
    Hi again playing catch up...

First off not been able to look at all the evidence info on this case ie Twitter posts etc BUT...

Yeah there's usually more semis on freeways between cities than cars because of moving cargo etc. Not to mention the point someone mentioned if they were driving behind a car driving erratic they'd put distance between them.. and in another comment about trucker communication it could be a trucker behind her radio'd car off road and trucker stopped to give ride to truck stop..

Now question if she'd get into vehicle she didn't have cell phone with her.. if I didn't have cell phone in middle of no where I'd probably ask driver to call police BUT if I was having lets say 'challenge' with accurate reality or an unwarranted fear concern of police I *may* make choice take risk with ride to safe place...

Now I'm not trying to cause waves but couple things.. for years Gary was considered one of the most dangerous places in the US and not far away plus there's been an underbelly in trucker community of sex workers that maybe some other foul play incident occurred not lost in elements situation..

I'm just throwing that out there only because like other posts indicated crimes in surrounding communities etc..

Jmo from reading posts

Quote Originally Posted by black_squirrel View Post
    I live on I-94 less than 2 hours east of KZoo. I don't even remember how I learned about this case, but I don't recall seeing anything on the news. I should say though that I don't often watch the local news reports. And I don't watch Nancy Grace because I cannot stand her (JMO).
    Yesterday it was the first time I heard something on the radio about it. I am pretty sure that most people do not know about the TP case.

If MS were implicated in the disappearance (something I do not believe AT ALL), then I bet it would get a lot more media attention. I just remember the Chandra Levy case. Had it not been for her relationship with Gary Condit, her disappearance probably would gotten a lot less media attention. In the end, Condit had nothing to do with her disappearance.
    I'm in Arizona I actually heard of this case on Fox News national or CNN since I travel working in hospitals all over the country it caught my interest

From the divorce records:

COURT AWARDS BOTH THE TIME SHARES TO PETITIONER WITH ANY ENCUMBRANCES.

The petitioner is Teleka.

I wonder where these 2 times shares are?

Hi Everyone:

I’ve been thinking about this theory on and off for a couple of weeks. I was wondering how many trucks go to and from Canada from the area where TP's car was found. Would it be easy for her to cross the Canadian border with a trucker? Does anyone have knowledge of the way trucks cross into Canada and if it would be possible for someone to stow away and enter the country? Could a trucker have dropped her off near the border and she walked through an unmanned portion of the border?

I don’t live anywhere near the area, but was thinking that if TP was driving erratically for a few miles, perhaps a trucker saw her and had time to stop because he was aware of what was happening on the highway. It’s also possible that she could have gone the back way through the hills and fence and encountered a trucker in the parking lot. He/she could have been parked at the back of the truck stop parking lot. TP was not shown on camera because of the way that the trucks were parked.

She could have gotten in the truck and found out where it was headed and if she really wanted to start a new life, being her “resourceful” self, decided that she’d go to Canada. Perhaps the trucker brought her near the border and she got into the country.

The news may not have gotten to the area and the trucker has no idea what happened.

IMO the best way to get her name and face out across the US is TV and Facebook. Facebook is huge and word spreads quickly.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
    Interesting.
    Is anyone good at finding property records?

Southside of Chicago...it's the baddest part of town
    In Orland Park right now, a southwest burb of Chicagoland. Poster for Teleka at grocery store. I'm geeked to see it! Spreading her picture is key to finding her, basing off the premise that she's alive, which I surely hope to be true.
    I've never seen such posters for a missing person out here, except for maybe Stacy Peterson and that wasn't even so much posters...that was due to media saturation.
    Fingers crossed...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi All, first time poster here.

I've been following the case and I find a few things interesting...

TP disappeared within a span of about 15-30mins.
    Time of Disappearance is approximately 10:30PM Dec 5th.
    On December 6th this was reported.

An early Friday car fire in Merrillville's Regency Park neighborhood was intentionally set, Merrillville police said.

The fire to an unoccupied vehicle started about 1:20 a.m. in the 6000 block of Maryland Street, said Robert Wiley, Merrillville's chief of detectives.

Investigators determined an accelerant was poured on the vehicle before the fire started, Wiley said

The vehicle was black, but its make and model wasn't available, he said.

A witness told police a person was seen running from the burning vehicle and entering a grey and white pickup truck with a blue driver side door. The witness also indicated the truck then started "speeding away" from the location, Wiley said

No injuries were reported during the fire, Wiley said.

There were no suspects in custody as of Friday afternoon, he said. .
    http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/lak...e6e00d894.html

1) The time coincidence (3 hours) is highly suspect.
    2) Accelerants were used and the vehicle was found in a place where it
    was not likely to believed an attempt to commit insurance fraud
    3) It appears to be a deliberate attempt to hide evidence rather than
    the arson act.
    4) I find know mention where the police say they have a suspect or a lead.
    5) Even when a vehicle burns like that you should be able to identify it by
    VIN or even some part should survive to determine the make and
    model.
    6) The police go on to claim they cannot even determine and make and
    model of the car??????
    7) A suspect was seen leaving the burning vehicle and speeding away in a
    grey and white pickup truck with a BLUE driver side door. This would
    be the equivalent of an identifying make like a serious facial scar. Even
    in a town of 35,000 this would be noticeable if the suspect lived in
    the vicinity.

Why I think this is significant.
    1) Teleka Patrick still had the presence of mind to successfully complete medical school and hold a steady job at a hospital. If her car broke down with a flat tire she would likely want to be taken to the next major town or gas station which could have been Merrillville.
    2) The location of the burning vehicle is just off the highway and occurs 3 hours after the disappearance.
    3) The suspect in that burning vehicle either had an accomplice or lived close enough to get a second vehicle.
    4) As stated the identifying information of the vehicle and total lack of the police's ability to even identify the make and model of the vehicle is EXTREMELY suspect. Metal cars do not burn down to ash even with accelerants. There must be at least enough of the vehicle left to determine the manufacturer...
    5) I have seen no follow-up on this case specifically and whether a suspect was apprehended or even looked for.

In my mind these make a plausible scenario where,
    1) Teleka's car broke down on the highway (flat tire)
    2) She may have voluntarily or involuntarily entered a strangers car for a ride to town.
    3) At some point something went wrong in the vehicle.
    4) The body may have been dumped somewhere, but the DNA evidence may have still been present in the car. Also the police report claims they could not determine the make and model of the vehicle. If it is that badly burned a dead body could have also been incinerated.
    5) This suspect may have attempted to get rid of the DNA evidence in the vehicle with the arson as they are clearly not making it look like an accident and looks more like a panic burning.
    6) Suspect either lives in that immediate area or had help from someone in the immediate area as a second vehicle is used to distance themselves from the first.
    7) As stated the "escape" vehicle has a very identifying mark. If investigations were taken place it should be relatively easy to track down this individual.

8) This whole theory could easily be disproven by checked police records to determine if a suspect was found or an investigation took place. As it stands now I cannot find anything. It almost smells like a cover up but if someone has evidence to the contrary I would be happy to know this scenario is not a possibility.

Thumbs up

The ex may not have thought to make LE aware of the time shares so it may do well to give them a tip and they can ask simply ask him for the locations.

ETA: SStarr33 mentioned this, too. First I have heard of time shares.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 01-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmikado View Post
    Hi All, first time poster here.

I've been following the case and I find a few things interesting...
    RSBM

to Websleuths, Michaelmikado!

Thanks for joining us.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

I forgot that there were mentions of timeshares owned by her. Where did that info come from again? Was it the divorce records?

This is a very good question!
    IMOO, I can't imagine her running to a time-share. They are controlled, you really don't own anything although the people who sell them put on a good sales tactic. Reservations have to be made in advance, can't just decide to go to and take up residence. Time shares are just what the name implies. You only get X amount of time, at X time of the year.

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast