Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SC - Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014

The friend told the relatives that he had not spoken to Pipkin because she damaged his truck several weeks earlier, according to the report. Pipkin’s mother contacted police and said that when she calls Pipkin’s phone it goes to voicemail and the mailbox is full.Police entered Pipkin’s information into the National Crime Information Center.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...earch-for.html

You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    The friend told the relatives that he had not spoken to Pipkin because she damaged his truck several weeks earlier, according to the report. Pipkin’s mother contacted police and said that when she calls Pipkin’s phone it goes to voicemail and the mailbox is full.Police entered Pipkin’s information into the National Crime Information Center.

I'd sure like to know where that cell has been pinging since she disappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Yikes.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Contrast

So here we have someone missing for Aynor, which I believe is in Horry County, and only 2 pages on one thread and she has been missing for over a week. And then we have the case of Heather Elvis where we are averaging about 2 threads a week.

Don't misunderstand me, I FULLY support what family and friends are doing for Heather Elvis and as much as has been done it STILL does not seem like it is near enough.

But I wonder if the difference is the amount of noise family and friends are making in Heather Elvis' case and the amount of noise AP's family is making here. My complaint is really not at LE, but instead at the main stream media. They got caught napping here. And they are still doing very little.

Any description of a car? Anything else of note for the public to be aware of? Not much here.

News

In doing a search for more info, I see where the story is carried not far from where I grew up. Shreveport LA. Unfortunately, it appears that only have the same info we already have, but good to see coverage.

http://www.ksla.com/story/24555309/3...n-horry-county

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JnRyan For This Useful Post:

So her dad takes her to meet a friend, pops off for ice cream, comes back to pick her up, and she is not to be found?

Pipkin’s father took her to IGA in Aynor to meet with a friend. The man went to get ice cream and when he returned Angie Pipkin was gone from the parking lot, according to the report.

Several days went by and Pipkin had not contacted her mother or her daughter, so relatives went to the friend’s house, where she said she was going, but he told them he had not seen her.

So the dad is the last to see her, the car, perhaps knows the 'friends' name? The other article stated the dad was not sure of the time
    She was last seen when her father dropped her off at the IGA in Aynor sometime between 4 and 8 p.m. Jan. 16

....but a few days later the mom reports her missing...but she was not going to this friends house, she was 'meeting' someone at IGA. But they went to the 'friends' house after a week and he claims to have not seen her...

Maybe I'm tired, maybe my eyes are being silly again...what am I missing?

what is going on in Horry County. After a while the numbers become problematic

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

It is unfortunate JnRyan. Especially when contrasted with the attention Heather Elvis' case is receiving. Her family was the driving force in getting the media and community involved. Unfortunately, if Angie's family does not get out there and advocate for her, I'm afraid the attention may languish.

On another note, I was discouraged to see that two arrests were made today related to the Heather Elvis case. Not a POI, but two people who been posting on her Find Facebook page, and helping in the search for her. See details at link- http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...structing.html

I see today on the https://www.facebook.com/findangiepipkin page, an Admin posted a question which sounds like it may have been a tip. But the responses are not being directed to HCPD, but to an external website. I hope LE is also receiving this information, and a stand-alone investigation is not occurring.

So in that vein ...
    If you have tips which could help find Angie;
    Please contact Horry County Police at <modsnip> (you do not need to give your name). Or via email to crimetips@horrycounty.org
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-29-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: wrong number

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritecho View Post
    So her dad takes her to meet a friend, pops off for ice cream, comes back to pick her up, and she is not to be found?

So the dad is the last to see her, the car, perhaps knows the 'friends' name? The other article stated the dad was not sure of the time

....but a few days later the mom reports her missing...but she was not going to this friends house, she was 'meeting' someone at IGA. But they went to the 'friends' house after a week and he claims to have not seen her...

Maybe I'm tired, maybe my eyes are being silly again...what am I missing?
    And this is the best we've got so far. I'd hate to have to investigate this with this info. Like a 4 hour time frame between daylight and dark for dropping her off?

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JnRyan For This Useful Post:

It is unfortunate JnRyan. Especially when contrasted with the attention Heather Elvis' case is receiving. Her family was the driving force in getting the media and community involved. Unfortunately, if Angie's family does not get out there and advocate for her, I'm afraid the attention may languish.

On another note, I was discouraged to see that two arrests were made today related to the Heather Elvis case. Not a POI, but two people who been posting on her Find Facebook page, and helping in the search for her. See details at link- http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...structing.html

I see today on the https://www.facebook.com/findangiepipkin page, an Admin posted a question which sounds like it may have been a tip. But the responses are not being directed to HCPD, but to an external website. I hope LE is also receiving this information, and a stand-alone investigation is not occurring.

So in that vein ...
    If you have tips which could help find Angie;
    Please contact Horry County Police at <modsnip> (you do not need to give your name). Or via email to crimetips@horrycounty.org
    This is the phone number for Horry County investigations: Investigations(843) 915-7767

Here is a link to their website: http://police.horrycounty.org/Home.aspx

Here is Angela's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angie.pipkin.5

Last edited by Salem; 01-31-2014 at 02:48 AM. Reason: put correct phone number for LE
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton, Jr.

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Thanks salem for saving my bacon

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Very strange that they would replace that phone number...
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

On her personal FB page she became friends with quite a few people with the date of Jan 26th. It could be that all those people accepted her request on that date? but seems unlikely. Either she's active on her own account or someone else is.
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FlamingoLady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    On her personal FB page she became friends with quite a few people with the date of Jan 26th. It could be that all those people accepted her request on that date? but seems unlikely. Either she's active on her own account or someone else is.
    In one of the news stories, the reporter said Angie's Mom checked her facebook page for any sign of activity (which there had been none).

IMO, this was activity associated with her family. They may have approved a bunch of pending friend requests, in order to contact people. Just a thought ...

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Is there a receipt for ice cream any video? Any home video of her actually leaving? What is her relationship like with her father?

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JnRyan View Post
    And this is the best we've got so far. I'd hate to have to investigate this with this info. Like a 4 hour time frame between daylight and dark for dropping her off?
    I agree that we need much more information about the last time she was seen. And if there is any information that exists about her plans for that day.

It could just be the way it was reported, but I am so confused if after getting ice cream, whether or not that was the point where someone sensed something could be wrong or not. Like was the ice cream being gotten for everyone or was it just like someone going to a store for a bit and noticed she had left.

But then why mention she was gone afterwards if that was expected. We just need much more to better understand.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Horry County police continue search for missing Galivants Ferry woman, Aynor man

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim...a4bcf6878.html

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Don't know what the fb rules are on this thread but there is a new status update on the find Angie pipkin fb page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lovinlife83 For This Useful Post:

You can find all the rules right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Our Social Media rule is as follows:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Hope that helps,

Salem
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton, Jr.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    LE is apparently not willing to be involved. Which means all the expenses such as printing flyers etc. will have to be borne by the family.-
    Why not?? Hope it's not for the reason I'm thinking....
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EmmaRose For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    Why not?? Hope it's not for the reason I'm thinking....
    That was at the beginning, and I don't know why. At first the family was very much at sea about what to do and that may have had something to do with taking a while to get the story into the news.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Being trying to find more news on Angie and there doesn't seem to be any :-( I hope the police are trying to find her.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. PROVERBS 21:15
    Just and my

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JaelynKL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Is there a receipt for ice cream any video? Any home video of her actually leaving? What is her relationship like with her father?
    This...
    Godspeed Nelson Mandela

"Religion is what happens when God leaves the room" ~Paul David Hewson
    “I believe in the kingdom come. Then all the colors will bleed into one” ~Paul David Hewson
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to U2forever For This Useful Post:

Her updated flyer says she had a change of clothes with her.
    Jeans, shirt, brown leather jacket and Nike tennis shoes.

There is also an update on her FB page that she was dropped off at a gun store on 707. She was last seen on the security cameras at Wilco Food Mart 6222 Highway 707 at about 9:30 pm on January 16.

https://m.facebook.com/findangiepipkin

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...14831681_n.jpg

Last edited by JaelynKL; 02-20-2014 at 04:39 AM.

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. PROVERBS 21:15
    Just and my

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JaelynKL For This Useful Post:

A is 707 Gun Shop and B is Wilco. They are half a mile apart and would take about 10 minutes to walk.

Last edited by JaelynKL; 02-21-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Just and my

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JaelynKL For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast