1105 users online (235 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    British McCann detectives ask for warrants to search homes of three Portuguese burglary suspects and inspect bank details

Officers believed to suspect three ex-employees of Ocean Club complex
    Trio linked to burglaries in the building where Madeleine when missing
    On Tuesday Scotland Yard officers held three-hour meeting in city of Faro
    They want Portuguese counterparts to investigate three burglars
    Phone analysis shows they were 'very close' to the McCann's apartment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rtZaQDBn

Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    British McCann detectives ask for warrants to search homes of three Portuguese burglary suspects and inspect bank details

Officers believed to suspect three ex-employees of Ocean Club complex
    Trio linked to burglaries in the building where Madeleine when missing
    On Tuesday Scotland Yard officers held three-hour meeting in city of Faro
    They want Portuguese counterparts to investigate three burglars
    Phone analysis shows they were 'very close' to the McCann's apartment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rtZaQDBn
    Wasn't tractor man also an ex employee? Wonder what happened with that investigation?

Were these burglars inside the building or very close? How can they pinpoint very close to the McCann apartment. There have been no reports of burglaries in the building. Something doesn't make sense. IMO
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Interesting comments by the readers. Some I've questioned myself. After 7 years do we believe these guys are still around? Search warrants for their homes? These guys are probably long gone. If they weren't before, they sure are now.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

'They also requested access to the bank accounts of the three suspects to see if there were any large deposits made after the child disappeared."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ruQyYGEi
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

The McCanns' lawyer in Portugal, Rogerio Alves, said he was aware Scotland Yard wanted to question three suspects but played down reports arrests were imminent, describing the idea as 'improbable.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ruRzFhPB
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Interesting comments by the readers. Some I've questioned myself. After 7 years do we believe these guys are still around? Search warrants for their homes? These guys are probably long gone. If they weren't before, they sure are now.
    If they have been able to identify three people as burglars its feasible they are in prison for the burglaries or aguidos at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

If these men are truly suspects and, SY believe they may be guilty what do you suggest they do? Forget about it because to much time as passed?

Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    If they have been able to identify three people as burglars its feasible they are in prison for the burglaries or aguidos at any rate.

It was in one of the media reports one of the many reasons they went too Portugal was too get warrants too search their homes, and too see if their was any large amounts of money deposited in their bank accounts!! If I can find the link i'll post it their are so many these days I can't remember which one I read lol!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-m...030144525.html

Paul Luckman, editor of the expat Portugal News, has been following the latest developments in *the case.

He told Sky News: "It's alleged that they could be employees of Ocean Club, which puts a whole new light on it and that they're not, as we've supposed until now, a little group of opportunist burglars going round stealing passports and wallets whenever there was a window open.

"There are suggestions that this is slightly different."

twit from Martin Brunt @ Sky News

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 19h
    #madeleine Portuguese sources tell local media the three suspects Scot Yard identified are ex-staff of Ocean Club, managers of apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    If these men are truly suspects and, SY believe they may be guilty what do you suggest they do? Forget about it because to much time as passed?
    No I never said that. The hype was these guys were going to be questioned and arrested. The British went to Portugal , had a three hour meeting with the Portuguese and took off. We don't even know where these guys are after 7 years. Do we believe if they were involved, they'd be hanging around?

I'm just having a difficult time believing this story. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm not holding my breath. We've been through this already with other suspects.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-m...030144525.html

Paul Luckman, editor of the expat Portugal News, has been following the latest developments in *the case.

He told Sky News: "It's alleged that they could be employees of Ocean Club, which puts a whole new light on it and that they're not, as we've supposed until now, a little group of opportunist burglars going round stealing passports and wallets whenever there was a window open.

"There are suggestions that this is slightly different."
    Current employees or former employees? Wish the media would check their facts before printing.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    very long article with lots of info (here are a few snips):

A number of reports in Portugal indicated that contrary to information contained in British tabloids in the past fortnight suggesting police were hot on the trail of a group of burglars, police were actually interested in speaking to three staff members who were at the resort the night Madeleine disappeared.
    Sources close to the case told The Portugal News on Thursday that these individuals were of particular interest as they had made “an abnormally high number of mobile phone calls to areas outside the resort the night she went missing.”
    The source explained that these calls were domestic, but unlike their colleagues who called each other as the search proceeded, the trio made domestic calls to areas of no geographical interest in the ensuing search.
    The Portugal News was also told that the UK Metropolitan Police have made a formal request for Portuguese authorities to obtain access to the bank accounts of these three people who are so far classed as “persons of interest” and are not viewed as suspects.
    House searches are also said to have been asked for by Scotland Yard. This procedure could take several days, if not weeks, and can be challenged by the targeted individuals.
    Police were not willing to disclose the nationalities of the three former workers.
    It is estimated that at the time of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance on 3 May 2007, the Ocean Club was employing 130 Portuguese nationals and 30 Britons, though most of the latter group are believed to have left the country following the economic downturn and negative publicity Praia da Luz received at the time.
    This information is amongst that contained in the second international letter of request sent by Scotland Yard to the Attorney-General’s Office in Lisbon.
    The document is thought to have arrived at the Portimão Court on Monday, where prosecutors will have the task of instructing local PJ police detectives in the city to carry out the requests contained in the letter, should they be in agreement.
    Portuguese authorities ordered the re-opening of the case into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann last October and immediately excluded the possibility of Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, of having had any involvement in their daughter’s disappearance.
    A statement sent to The Portugal News explained: “The Public Prosecutor’s Office has determined the re-opening of the inquiry relating to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann following a proposal by the Polícia Judiciária and due to the presentation of new elements which justify the continuation of the investigation.”
    http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/...ine-case/30497

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast