839 users online (150 members and 689 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 394
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Its not confusing to me.

    All you have to do is filter out any "unnamed sources" and any article that repeats the spin.

    Sadly this is most of them.

    No police investigation in the world trumpets who they are about to question or arrest.

    Giving the suspects ample time to rehearse their stories, create alibis, or get out of Dodge.

    Its ridiculous so I don't know why folks just automatically believe it. The power of the press I suppose.

    This is closed thinking and it doesn't help Madeleine at all. I'm not arguing your position. Its fine to come to your own conclusion based on your interpretation of the facts. But to just shut down any discussion of where this inquiry might lead is short sighted in my opinion.

    There were 2 men and a woman seen with a small girl at a gas station the evening that Maddie disappeared. These people were never identified or questioned because there was no CCTV camera. They could have information.

    The "burglars" could also have information. Maybe they saw something that night? It is worth the time and resources to interview them. Maddie needs to be found.

    Salem

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,622
    Burglars and former staff members are not mutually exclusive. They could have been fired for theft.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    Burglars and former staff members are not mutually exclusive. They could have been fired for theft.

    But according to Marin Brunt these staff-burglars are actually the apartment management workers ( Reported by Marin Brunt on twitter two days ago quoting his source as PT papers sources)

    Not fired staff but the managers!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This is closed thinking and it doesn't help Madeleine at all. I'm not arguing your position. Its fine to come to your own conclusion based on your interpretation of the facts. But to just shut down any discussion of where this inquiry might lead is short sighted in my opinion.

    There were 2 men and a woman seen with a small girl at a gas station the evening that Maddie disappeared. These people were never identified or questioned because there was no CCTV camera. They could have information.

    The "burglars" could also have information. Maybe they saw something that night? It is worth the time and resources to interview them. Maddie needs to be found.

    Salem
    I have not said a word to criticise the investigation nor the investigators.

    What I am critisising is the REPORTING.
    What you call "closed" thinking I call critical thinking. The papers are full of rumour innuendo and outright inaccuracy as demonstrated by the latest Mirror antics.


    Insisting folks abducted Madeleine with no proof, forensics, witnesses etc is closed thinking to my mind. Read beyond the headlines and its all hot air like posh spice, Tannerman , Murat, Hewlett, Euclides etc.

    This morning I woke to a link in my inbox from the Mirror, a columnist saying how ridiculous the Burglar Theory is.

    From the very same rag who started the story....with a little help from a McCann Family Spokesman.

    So within a fortnight we had three burglars who failed to be either arrested or questioned, which morphed into "managers" who also were not arrested or questioned...and now the Mirror is declaring the whole story as preposterous.

    Perhaps someone could link it for me WWW.the mirror.co.UK Carole Malone " Madeleine Madness".

    Madness alright - but it all sells papers.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic, hoping for end results. I know it may all be BS, but one can hope. The powers that be have way more information than any of us, true information at that. Not rumors, hearsay and flat out speculation. Justice for Maddie, regardless of where the road leads is what matters. Moo
    I agree. The press may be getting some things wrong at this stage but what's important is that LE is looking for answers in this case. Time will tell. MOO.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    566
    I have a faith in Scotland Yard. I believe they will solve it! Together with the new professional team in Portugal.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    But according to Marin Brunt these staff-burglars are actually the apartment management workers ( Reported by Marin Brunt on twitter two days ago quoting his source as PT papers sources)

    Not fired staff but the managers!
    Here's Brunt's tweet:
    Portuguese sources tell local media the three suspects Scot Yard identified are ex-staff of Ocean Club, managers of apartments

    I think it is describing Ocean Club as managers of the apartments.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    331
    So it looks like management of apartments, they would have keys and knowledge of their comings and goings, but why? Why Maddie?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    So it looks like management of apartments, they would have keys and knowledge of their comings and goings, but why? Why Maddie?
    I think we have to know what story is true, if any. Sky or Mirror.

    The Mirror is still running with the burglars story but now they're questioning themselves. This article was printed 15 hours ago.

    Madeleine McCann madness continues - and leaves her parents with nothing once more

    Scotland Yard detectives *probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are saying she might have been taken by three burglars who’d been robbing apartments in the area.

    Seriously? Burglars? I’m sorry, but the kind of crooks who break into holiday lets are looking for a few euros, mobiles and a bit of jewellery.

    And while they have contacts who can “fence” baubles and cameras, they’re unlikely to have any who can sell children.



    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz2sABGnj9h
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook


    Same as some of us have been saying all along regarding burglars.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Personally I don't believe either story. Management stealing a child and risk losing their jobs in a tourist area. Their livelihoods rely on tourists. Why would they jeopardize their careers and most of all give praia da luz a bad rap. It's nonsense.

    Burglars see above post. Again nonsense. I'm not British but if I was and my tax dollars were being used, I'd want answers from the government.

    I'm not saying they should stop investigating but wonder if they should look at other theories. So far it's gotten nowhere. Madeleine is still missing.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    I have a faith in Scotland Yard. I believe they will solve it! Together with the new professional team in Portugal.
    I had faith too when they finally decided to "join" forces. Now I'm not so sure. There appears to be 2 teams working in Portugal. Why is one working independently in Porto? The other branch is in Faro.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I think we have to know what story is true, if any. Sky or Mirror.

    The Mirror is still running with the burglars story but now they're questioning themselves. This article was printed 15 hours ago.

    Madeleine McCann madness continues - and leaves her parents with nothing once more

    Scotland Yard detectives *probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are saying she might have been taken by three burglars who’d been robbing apartments in the area.

    Seriously? Burglars? I’m sorry, but the kind of crooks who break into holiday lets are looking for a few euros, mobiles and a bit of jewellery.

    And while they have contacts who can “fence” baubles and cameras, they’re unlikely to have any who can sell children.



    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz2sABGnj9h
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook


    Same as some of us have been saying all along regarding burglars.
    I thnk you can safely discard the Mirror...there is no and never has been any official statement about burglars at all..but there has been abut the ocean club employees, frim the mccanns own lawyer in Portugal....he also said arrests improbable

    So much for a whole months worth of media hype....end of the day no burglar abducts a child, common sense needs to rule

    http://portugalresident.com/more-mad...lations’

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchbag View Post
    I thnk you can safely discard the Mirror...there is no and never has been any official statement about burglars at all..but there has been abut the ocean club employees, frim the mccanns own lawyer in Portugal....he also said arrests improbable

    So much for a whole months worth of media hype....end of the day no burglar abducts a child, common sense needs to rule

    http://portugalresident.com/more-mad...-‘revelations’
    Yup rubbish. Frankly I don't even believe the employees story either. Madeleine wandering off is more probable IMO
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yup rubbish. Frankly I don't even believe the employees story either. Madeleine wandering off is more probable IMO
    Bet it comes to nothing...and then where will we be? Another bunch of innocent people accused, and horribly in this case ones that actually helped that night. You cant get much worse than that. TBH I cant thnk of anyone who hasnt had the finger pointed at them

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    Four officers from *Operation Grange in Portugal last week, are now back in London having made no arrests.


    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz2sBRkCcai
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Is Anybody In Charge of Portugal?
    By Bob&Bob in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 06:41 AM
  2. GUILTY Portugal - Casa Pia Orphanage, child sex ring scandal, 2002
    By JinxieJada in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 04:16 PM
  3. Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?
    By Salem in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
  4. What is the record/history of the PJ in Portugal?
    By AquaEyes in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:58 PM
  5. Does portugal have the equivalent of FOIA?
    By JinxieJada in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Tags for this Thread