SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

1507162_235153466657383_988633367_n.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
If you have questions, pm a Mod.

The police report can be discussed, but NO NAMES, NO REDACTED INFORMATION, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

MSM released the report and they can't take it back now. But that doesn't mean this is a free for all. We need to be respectful of LE's investigation and unnamed POIs/suspect. Given that LE has NOT named ANY POI/Suspect - you may NOT consider anyone mentioned as such.

If you have questions or concerns, pm me or Imamaze or any mod. Don't post it in the threads. And don't post anything you are unsure about. Use restraint and common sense, okay?

Salem

TOs are being issued. Zero tolerance. Mind the rules, everybody.

The Find Heather Face book page is not linkable or discussable
We do not have a suspect or person of interest named by law enforcement
No sleuthing anyone and posting it here (other than Heather)
No discussing anyone as a suspect or person of interest
You can discuss what is in main stream media and from law enforcement

Please continue here...

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

on the first post on new threads the first post states (bolded by me) she was last seen at her parents house on Tue nite? What about the date (who's cleared) or any people in Mexican restaaurant? Is it just shoddy reporting??

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

on the first post on new threads the first post states (bolded by me) she was last seen at her parents house on Tue nite? What about the date (who's cleared) or any people in Mexican restaaurant? Is it just shoddy reporting??

Shoddy reporting indeed.

It appears the date and time on the article is when it was updated since there are comments posted prior to 1:13 on the 20th. I'm guessing the last seen was going off of what TE had stated since it was published so soon after report was filed.

I think they meant to say her parents last saw HE at that tome. Imo

Shoddy reporting indeed.

It would seem odd to me that the first post on a thread by mods would include something like that? Only because as a new person looking at that post might be thrown off the track with this. As it is,we have a dearth of information since no pressers or comments and what verifiable facts we do have helps to create a starting point?
Maybe it's my attention to deatail & I'm still frustrated about the disappearance of that article which stated TE drove the car home. In my mind that created a break in any evidence that could have been gathered.
I know I'm new to this,but it certainly seems frustrating to me that we seem to be flailing around with nothing to grab onto and no concrete info or confirmation. It's been over a month,for Pete's sake!
Between the shoddy reporting and good old boy LE tactics :moo: there's really nothing to go by. I feel for the Elvis family & loved ones. I guess if I were in their shoes I'd be doing it my own way. With so many missing people in that area it sure seems there might be a lack of competance on ALL sides. :moo:
darn frustrating. I can see where people would lose interest.

shoddy reporting
there,I said it:tantrum:
:banghead:
:twocents:

Fwiw, I like the bold and red. Sometimes I can't figure out what people are trying to say. We all have the option to ignore a post. I ignore, plenty, as I am sure, plenty ignore me. If people don't like the bold red, they can just pass it by. It helps me, especially after a long night/early morning or reading :)

Thanx Snowyowl. Just don't want newcomers to read the big type and think it's accurate.

Fwiw, I like the bold and read. Sometimes I can't figure out what people are trying to say. We all have the option to ignore a post. I ignore, plenty, as I am sure, plenty ignore me. If people don't like the bold red, they can just pass it by. It helps me, especially after a long night/early morning or reading :)

that's the beauty of so many different people in one place. Each of us has something to contribute. I'm the same way, since I'm usually a nite owl. I need things to jump out at me. As far as I'm concerned we're all here for one thing-to bring Heather home.

Just an FYI. We're officially at defcon 5. Oh wait...? Sorry. No, I'm wrong. Opcon 3. "Emergency situation likely or imminent."

County Schools are closed tomorrow (and I'm off work woo!) Many other private businesses are closing early, and everyone is expecting to be home Wednesday too.

Just an FYI. We're officially at defcon 5. Oh wait...? Sorry. No, I'm wrong. Opcon 3. "Emergency situation likely or imminent."

County Schools are closed tomorrow (and I'm off work woo!) Many other private businesses are closing early, and everyone is expecting to be home Wednesday too.

All of our schools were closed today and will be again tomorrow. That's four days so far this month. It is very rare for our city schools to ever close. A few years ago was the first time in about 8 years, which is crazy because we get a TON of snow. It is just so dang cold. Everyone stay safe.

Thanx Snowyowl. Just don't want newcomers to read the big type and think it's accurate.

the shoddy reporting??:floorlaugh:

sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I'm well aware it's a resort area so any publicity might be detrimental to their cash cow,but really? I feel for those who have to endure this brutal indoctrination to how crazy the world is. It also reinforces my vow to do all I can to help all I can. Each missing person is someones baby,and if i can help in my own small way that's one candle lit to fight the darkness and brutality in this world.

Thank you for the new thread, Salem and Imamaze! :seeya:

All of our schools were closed today and will be again tomorrow. That's four days so far this month. It is very rare for our city schools to ever close. A few years ago was the first time in about 8 years, which is crazy because we get a TON of snow. It is just so dang cold. Everyone stay safe.

If so many people will be home who would usually be doing many things, might that create a pefect opportunity for the press and social media to publicize Heathers' disappearance? Most people will be looking at news or into social media due to boredom or curiosity in what's happening outside? Maybe they can get the story out there to people who'd usually be too busy to notice??

I think they meant to say her parents last saw HE at that tome. Imo

I don't remember reading anything that anyone saw her when she got the mail. In an interview at the very beginning, he said the last time he saw her was Monday. I will see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member