1341 users online (313 members and 1028 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UT - Class Dissection Of Live Dog Outrages

A biology class lesson in Gunnison, Utah involving the dissection of a live dog has outraged some parents and students, according to a report.

"I thought that it would be just really a good experience if they could see the digestive system in the living animal," Biology teacher Doug Bierregaard said.

Biology teacher Doug Bjerregaard, who is a substitute teacher at Gunnison Valley High School, wanted his students to see how the digestive system of a dog worked..............http://www.local6.com/news/4480144/detail.html

This is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! O-M-G!!!!! Who does he think he is??? He's a freakin SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im OUTRAGED!!!!!!! There was no educational or scientific value!!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Well I would be all over that like a cop on a donut.

I would raise a stink to high heaven

I suggest they dissect the digestive track of the teacher and while they are in there check and see if he has a heart

That's disgusting!! I would hope they fire him and never let him sub again...he had no regard for how students might feel about this. I'd like to see PETA get a hold of his a**
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

OMG! I am sure that has to be illegal. How could he possibly get away with such a thing?

This is sick, sick, sick. I cannot believe the school allowed this to go on. I cannot believe that no one took issue with this when the notices went home.

.The school's principal, Kirk Anderson, said notifications went to parents explaining the dog was going to be euthanized and that the experiment would be done with the dog's organs still functioning

How disgusting.

At that age, parents rarely even see the notices sent home with their kids. Hopefully, there will be enough outrage that the District will feel compelled to replace the Principal along with the teacher.

WTF??? Ever hear of COMPUTER PROGRAMS???????????????????????

I can't believe no one got involved before this happened!!!!

This is the website of the school district this sick incident took place in:

http://www.ssanpete.k12.ut.us/

At the top of the page there is a public statement in .pdf format.

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

I wonder how many parents "allowed" their children to participate?

I wonder if anyone made a complaint to the LE and the SPCA? Surely they could find some type of criminal charges for this? (Hint: when making the report to the LE, make the report to the cainine officer if possible).
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Hmmm, could the teach possibly get off on harming animals? I would look at this guy a bit more closely beyond just this incident. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    Hmmm, could the teach possibly get off on harming animals? I would look at this guy a bit more closely beyond just this incident. What do you guys think?
    You are right. Cruelty to animals is like the first step in so many other anti-social activities.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Thanks. I was beginning to think I have been reading too much WS and CourtTV. His cavalier attitude just does not sit right with me.