731 users online (73 members and 658 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299

    Literal hypothetical scenario

    Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you are member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 05-13-2005 at 12:16 PM. Reason: correction

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you're a member of a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
    I'm thinking what kind of small foreign faction kills 6 year olds in Boulder, Colorado? I need a new gig...

  3. #3
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    That's a good question... what do YOU think, holdontoyourhat?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    I'm thinking what kind of small foreign faction kills 6 year olds in Boulder, Colorado? I need a new gig...
    You wouldn't be thinking about getting out of the house or anything?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    I read an analysis by a former policeman who now does statement analysis for a living. He pointed out that foreigners would never describe themselves as foreign because to themselves, they are not! They would describe US as foreign.

    It's a fair point.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    The note says "We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction."

    The person writing the note isn't necessarily a foreigner...

    For example: Patty Hurst is an American who "represented" the SLA.


    Represent

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To present again or anew; to present by means of something standing in the place of; to exhibit the counterpart or image of; to typify.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To portray by mimicry or action of any kind; to act the part or character of; to personate; as, to represent Hamlet.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To stand in the place of; to supply the place, perform the duties, exercise the rights, or receive the share, of; to speak and act with authority in behalf of; to act the part of (another); as, an heir represents his ancestor; an attorney represents his client in court; a member of Congress represents his district in Congress.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To exhibit to another mind in language; to show; to give one's own impressions and judgement of; to bring before the mind; to set forth; sometimes, to give an account of; to describe.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To serve as a sign or symbol of; as, mathematical symbols represent quantities or relations; words represent ideas or things.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To bring a sensation of into the mind or sensorium; to cause to be known, felt, or apprehended; to present.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you are member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
    So far on this question I have one answer, about 3 or 4 sidesteps, 2 or 3 redirections, and a poem.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 05-13-2005 at 02:25 PM. Reason: correction

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Anyone other that HOYH see a poem anywhere?

    No foreign faction is going to break into the home of a man the members respect to kill his kid. It's bogus, everyone knows it's bogus so why would anyone try to even think like this unnamed foreign faction?

    What is the point?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    Anyone other that HOYH see a poem anywhere?

    No foreign faction is going to break into the home of a man the members respect to kill his kid. It's bogus, everyone knows it's bogus so why would anyone try to even think like this unnamed foreign faction?

    What is the point?
    Your post seems to also avoid the question.

    Original question (again): Hypothetically, you're a member of a group representing a small foreign faction, you don't respect the U.S. and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What would be on your mind?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you are member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
    Depends on my true motive.

    If the motive was money, I would take the hostage with me so I would still be able to collect the ransom.

    If the motive was to frame the parents, I would stage a domestic homicide, not a terrorist kidnapping.

    If the motive was that I was a nut who wanted to get caught so badly I left a three-page handwriting sample and hung out in the house for several hours, I would use the time and opportunity to leave a whole bunch of physical evidence behind, not wear gloves or clean up after myself.

    (There is no "intruder" motive that makes any sense.)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt
    Depends on my true motive.

    If the motive was money, I would take the hostage with me so I would still be able to collect the ransom.

    If the motive was to frame the parents, I would've staged a domestic homicide, not a terrorist kidnapping.

    If the motive was that I was a nut who wanted to get caught so badly I left a three-page handwriting sample and hung out in the house for several hours, I would've certainly used the time and opportunity to leave a whole bunch of physical evidence behind, not worn gloves or cleaned up after myself.

    (There is no "intruder" motive that makes any sense.)
    Your post also avoids the original question. In this hypothetical scenario, you already killed the 6 year old. No hostage.

  12. #12
    This foreign faction respects John's business but not the country....

    Why does this foreign faction RESPECT John's business? If anything, they should HATE John's business because it is a division of Lockheed Martin...a huge government MILITARY contracter.

    The foreign faction is John, Patsy and Burke. The two gentlemen are John and Burke.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Your post also avoids the original question. In this hypothetical scenario, you already killed the 6 year old. No hostage.
    Yeah, HOYH, I got that. The "hostage" is dead. I would remove the body from the home and hide it /dispose of it elsewhere... to increase my chances of collecting the money.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    This foreign faction respects John's business but not the country....

    Why does this foreign faction RESPECT John's business? If anything, they should HATE John's business because it is a division of Lockheed Martin...a huge government MILITARY contracter.

    The foreign faction is John, Patsy and Burke. The two gentlemen are John and Burke.
    This is a redirecting remark, not an answer to the original question.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Your post seems to also avoid the question.

    Original question (again): Hypothetically, you're a member of a group representing a small foreign faction, you don't respect the U.S. and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What would be on your mind?
    Why are you so intent on getting an answer to something IMO so stupid?

    No member, or representative of any real foreign faction is going to go into someone's home, kill their kid, hide the body within the home and take the time to leave a rambling 2 1/2 page fake ransom note.

    You're welcome to my correcting your orignial post information btw.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 04:37 AM