Literal hypothetical scenario

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you are member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you're a member of a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
I'm thinking what kind of small foreign faction kills 6 year olds in Boulder, Colorado? I need a new gig...

That's a good question... what do YOU think, holdontoyourhat?

Voice of Reason said:
I'm thinking what kind of small foreign faction kills 6 year olds in Boulder, Colorado? I need a new gig...
You wouldn't be thinking about getting out of the house or anything?

I read an analysis by a former policeman who now does statement analysis for a living. He pointed out that foreigners would never describe themselves as foreign because to themselves, they are not! They would describe US as foreign.

It's a fair point.

The note says "We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction."

The person writing the note isn't necessarily a foreigner...

For example: Patty Hurst is an American who "represented" the SLA.

Represent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To present again or anew; to present by means of something standing in the place of; to exhibit the counterpart or image of; to typify.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To portray by mimicry or action of any kind; to act the part or character of; to personate; as, to represent Hamlet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To stand in the place of; to supply the place, perform the duties, exercise the rights, or receive the share, of; to speak and act with authority in behalf of; to act the part of (another); as, an heir represents his ancestor; an attorney represents his client in court; a member of Congress represents his district in Congress.

To exhibit to another mind in language; to show; to give one's own impressions and judgement of; to bring before the mind; to set forth; sometimes, to give an account of; to describe.

To serve as a sign or symbol of; as, mathematical symbols represent quantities or relations; words represent ideas or things.

To bring a sensation of into the mind or sensorium; to cause to be known, felt, or apprehended; to present.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Hypothetically, its the middle of the night, you are member of a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction that does not respect the U.S., and for whatever reason, you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What is on your mind?
So far on this question I have one answer, about 3 or 4 sidesteps, 2 or 3 redirections, and a poem.:clap:

Anyone other that HOYH see a poem anywhere? :waitasec:

No foreign faction is going to break into the home of a man the members respect to kill his kid. It's bogus, everyone knows it's bogus so why would anyone try to even think like this unnamed foreign faction?

What is the point?

Seeker said:
Anyone other that HOYH see a poem anywhere? :waitasec:

No foreign faction is going to break into the home of a man the members respect to kill his kid. It's bogus, everyone knows it's bogus so why would anyone try to even think like this unnamed foreign faction?

What is the point?
Your post seems to also avoid the question.

Original question (again): Hypothetically, you're a member of a group representing a small foreign faction, you don't respect the U.S. and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What would be on your mind?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Depends on my true motive.

If the motive was money, I would take the hostage with me so I would still be able to collect the ransom.

If the motive was to frame the parents, I would stage a domestic homicide, not a terrorist kidnapping.

If the motive was that I was a nut who wanted to get caught so badly I left a three-page handwriting sample and hung out in the house for several hours, I would use the time and opportunity to leave a whole bunch of physical evidence behind, not wear gloves or clean up after myself.

(There is no "intruder" motive that makes any sense.)

Britt said:
Depends on my true motive.

If the motive was money, I would take the hostage with me so I would still be able to collect the ransom.

If the motive was to frame the parents, I would've staged a domestic homicide, not a terrorist kidnapping.

If the motive was that I was a nut who wanted to get caught so badly I left a three-page handwriting sample and hung out in the house for several hours, I would've certainly used the time and opportunity to leave a whole bunch of physical evidence behind, not worn gloves or cleaned up after myself.

(There is no "intruder" motive that makes any sense.)
Your post also avoids the original question. In this hypothetical scenario, you already killed the 6 year old. No hostage.

This foreign faction respects John's business but not the country....

Why does this foreign faction RESPECT John's business? If anything, they should HATE John's business because it is a division of Lockheed Martin...a huge government MILITARY contracter.

The foreign faction is John, Patsy and Burke. The two gentlemen are John and Burke.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Your post also avoids the original question. In this hypothetical scenario, you already killed the 6 year old. No hostage.
Yeah, HOYH, I got that. The "hostage" is dead. I would remove the body from the home and hide it /dispose of it elsewhere... to increase my chances of collecting the money.

Toltec said:
This foreign faction respects John's business but not the country....

Why does this foreign faction RESPECT John's business? If anything, they should HATE John's business because it is a division of Lockheed Martin...a huge government MILITARY contracter.

The foreign faction is John, Patsy and Burke. The two gentlemen are John and Burke.
This is a redirecting remark, not an answer to the original question.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Your post seems to also avoid the question.

Original question (again): Hypothetically, you're a member of a group representing a small foreign faction, you don't respect the U.S. and you just killed a 6 year old in her parents' Colorado home. What would be on your mind?

Why are you so intent on getting an answer to something IMO so stupid?

No member, or representative of any real foreign faction is going to go into someone's home, kill their kid, hide the body within the home and take the time to leave a rambling 2 1/2 page fake ransom note.

You're welcome to my correcting your orignial post information btw.

Holdontoyourhat said:
So far on this question I have one answer, about 3 or 4 sidesteps, 2 or 3 redirections, and a poem.:clap:

Ah, but you haven't read the entire poem.

Rainsong

Seeker said:
Why are you so intent on getting an answer to something IMO so stupid?

No member, or representative of any real foreign faction is going to go into someone's home, kill their kid, hide the body within the home and take the time to leave a rambling 2 1/2 page fake ransom note.

You're welcome to my correcting your orignial post information btw.
I think its remarkable that the original question has received only 2 answers, and a dozen or more evasions/redirections/sidesteps. Even your post is an evasion.

Spill the beans, you are obviously getting at something....just tell everyone for crying out loud.

If an answer you must have,
Right now I am thinking about how annoying this post is!

Here's a riddle for you HOYH:
Riddle me this
Riddle me that
I wish you'd tell
What the he!! you're getting at

Cal

:waitasec:

Oh please, this is just like a thread started a while back (by a now banned poster) who came on and tried to get posters who felt the Rs are guilty to actually come up with theories of an intruder.... like it was soooooo clever....didn't work then and don't see this working either.

If I don't believe any of the foreign faction nonsense I'm sure as heck not going to come up with what they'd be thinking. :doh:

Good Grief.

Jubie

calus_3 said:
Spill the beans, you are obviously getting at something....just tell everyone for crying out loud.

If an answer you must have,
Right now I am thinking about how annoying this post is!

Here's a riddle for you HOYH:
Riddle me this
Riddle me that
I wish you'd tell
What the he!! you're getting at

Cal
Relax. Here's what I'm getting at:

capps said:
Lets see ....

To get back to my foreign home asap?
capps said:
Hypothetically.there would be no one from preventing me to leave or get in my way,because no one (who matters) knows who I am.

Why leave asap? ... because I just botched up a kidnapping and murdered a 6 yr old American. Going back to my foreign home may be some what of a "safety net" just in case the powers that be,may figure out who I am.
WhiteWolf said:
I would be thinking of getting out of the house without getting caught. Period.
'asap' relates to time.
'powers that be' and 'not getting caught' relates to authorities.

It follows then that expressions found in the ransom note that relate to time or to the authorities would tend to support the literal hypothetical scenario.

There is no shortage of expressions in the ransom note that deal with time or the authorities. In fact, the ransom note literally was an attempt to control John's response during the morning hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back