Thread: CA - Nicholle Yarnell, 46,Modesto, 10 Jan 2014

CA - Nicholle Yarnell, 46,Modesto, 10 Jan 2014

Nicholle Yarnell

The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is asking for assistance in looking for a woman who went missing on the morning of Jan. 10. According to authorities, Nicholle Yarnell, 46, last was seen leaving her house in Modesto to go to a store near the intersection of Paradise and Grimes roads.
    Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2014/01/28/315...#storylink=cpy
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Wow this is scary. Some elements remind me of Susan Jacobson's disappearance (store near home, car found but no Nicholle, belongings found with the car - though granted some of Susan's belongings were scattered outside the car). Modesto's only roughly 90 minutes away from Roseville, where Susan went missing.

There's not really much additional info but I did find a few more articles about her:
    http://www.news10.net/story/news/201...an-10/4973285/

http://www.turlockcitynews.com/news/...-modesto-woman

I find it interesting they're so specific in saying that she hasn't attempted to contact family. I wonder if that's why they waited so long to put a request out to the public for help.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

A Modesto wife and mother has been missing for weeks, and her distraught family fears she may be the victim of foul play.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/...-to-come-home/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

This case is very troubling. It Is very similar to Susan's case. Although it sounds as if someone other than her husband saw her leave. At least that is how the article made it sound. The fact that her truck was out of gas worries me. I wish the they were more specific with the timeline.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissContrary For This Useful Post:

Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5133858/

Tuesday January 28th, 2014 :: 02:26 p.m. PST

AdvisorySheriff’s Department Looking for Assistance in Locating Missing Women

Modesto CA – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is asking for assistance in looking for a women who went missing on the morning of January 10, 2014.

46 year old Nicholle Yarnell was last seen leaving her house in Modesto to go to the store near the intersection of Paradise Rd and Grimes Rd. After she did not return home her husband went to the store and located the vehicle she was driving. All of her personal belongings were still in the vehicle.

Family members have been assisting Detectives and actively looking for Yarnell. They have been checking with friends and family but no one has heard from her and Yarnell has not made any attempts to contact them.

Sheriff’s Department Detectives have been working the case and following up on all leads. They are asking the public to contact them if they see her, know her whereabouts, or have any information on her disappearance. Detective David Hickman is handling the case and can be reached at 209-525-7042.

If you have any tips, you can leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing "Tip704" plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward

--end—

www.scsdonline.com
    Adam Christianson, Sheriff – Coroner

Follow Us:
    http://twitter.com/StanSheriff

“Like Us” on Facebook:
    http://facebook.com/StanSheriff

Official YouTube Channel:
    http://youtube.com/user/StanSheriff/

Address/Location
    Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department
    250 E Hackett Rd
    Modesto, CA 95358

Contact
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-emergencies: 209-525-7114

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
    This case is very troubling. It Is very similar to Susan's case. Although it sounds as if someone other than her husband saw her leave. At least that is how the article made it sound. The fact that her truck was out of gas worries me. I wish the they were more specific with the timeline.
    I agree, LMC. I wish there were more details on who saw her last/saw her leave.

If you don't mind, where did you see that her truck was out of gas? I'm sure it was in an article and I missed it, so I'm just wondering if there were other details I also overlooked. Having trouble finding much about her at all.

ETA: oops nevermind, found it in the cbslocal article linked earlier. It also says she gets paid at the end of the month so hopefully they see some activity with her bank account soon. Worried about this woman.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

<wrong thread>
    Last edited by nikb; 02-08-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    No offense intended to our friends, but they're kind of isolated on the race thing and weren't even interested as soon as they decided that she wasn't Romanian.
    Do you mean Romani/Roma? This term refers to an ethnicity, whereas Romanian refers to all the citizens of Romania (country).

Where did you read that she is a Roma? I haven't found a reference in the linked articles though I may have overlooked something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrisenow View Post
    Do you mean Romani/Roma? This term refers to an ethnicity, whereas Romanian refers to all the citizens of Romania (country).

Where did you read that she is a Roma? I haven't found a reference in the linked articles though I may have overlooked something.
    Oh my gosh I'm sorry, I posted on the wrong thread. I've deleted my post, as it was related to another missing woman. Re: the ethnicity etc. yes I do understand the difference - but again unrelated to this case, and I'm so sorry for the mistake.

Oh okay, no problem - this can happen to any of us who are following several threads

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Man, frustrating. I searched all the local/local-ish news outlets again today but I don't see anything new about Nicholle. Has anyone else had better luck?

Not much on the news.
    Only this video plea, according to a Google search uploaded 22 hours ago...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/missing-...063900702.html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Body Found In Dairy Pond Identified As Missing Modesto Woman

Body Found In Dairy Pond Identified As Missing Modesto Woman -

MODESTO (CBS13) —
    A Modesto wife and mother missing for nearly two months has been found dead in a dairy pond, according to the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department. A body that was discovered on Friday was identified as Nicholle Yarnell, based on appearance and clothing. Foul play is not suspected.
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/...modesto-woman/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists. After the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone. More persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence. The vast structure of recollection........"

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Oh no. RIP Nicholle.

Maybe it's just me but I think there's more to this... I hope we find out.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry for whatever lead to this, Nicholle.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

RIP Nicholle..... God Bless!!!

How far is this dairy pond from the store her car was left at? This doesn't sound right. She leaves all her stuff in her car when she parks it and goes walking off to a dairy pond and drowns in it???

Or do they think she committed suicide?

Maybe they better look in that pond again, or something like it somewhere 90 miles away, Susan J is still missing.

I'd really like to know how Nicholle got to that pond, and why she went there.

RIP Sad that so many of our missing are turning up deceased. And there are new names on the first page every single day. Until I joined WS, I never realized how many people go missing every single day in this country.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Who killed the McStay Family????

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Seajay For This Useful Post:

Cops: Body in Modesto pond is likely woman who vanished in January

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2v0L35HiB
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.