Court rules against penis that tells jokes on TV

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A penis that tells jokes on late night public access television may be expressive of something. But it is not the kind of free expression protected by the First Amendment, the Michigan Court of Appeals has decided, confirming the indecent exposure conviction of the show's producer and host.

Timothy Huffman, 47, who lives north of Grand Rapids, was convicted in Kent County after the penis episode aired twice in spring 2000 on the Grand Rapids public access cable channel GRTV.

Huffman, whose defense was assisted by the American Civil Liberties Union, claimed the three-minute segment, "Dick Smart," was an expression of free speech and not obscene.

"I'm truly trying to stand up for the constitution. It's a matter of principle," he said.

"We asked them in court, 'Why don't you prosecute 'Schindler's List'? It has nudity,' " Huffman said. "And they said to me, :laugh: 'You're no Steven Spielberg.'

http://www.freep.com/news/mich/naughty12e_20050512.htm

golfmom said:
Whew, finally a another penis story in the news!
:p

We've quite the dry spell.............

SERIOUSLY Im surprised this didn't happen in Romania.....

messiecake said:
SERIOUSLY Im surprised this didn't happen in Romania.....
LOL The don't talk in Romania.. they only get ripped off, reattached, eaten, repaired, extended, caught in things etc etc

Casshew said:
LOL The don't talk in Romania.. they only get ripped off, reattached, eaten, repaired, extended, caught in things etc etc

Ya'll would actually be proud of me ... I showed restraint and didn't post the canabal penis story I found. :eek:

Thank Goodness.....I was begining to wonder if we would ever see another penis story here..it's been a wile.:D

Wow, I sure wish I lived somewhere cool and sophisticated like Grand Rapids so I could watch talking peni on TV! But no, I have to live in stodgy ol' backwater San Francisco . . . ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back