1289 users online (231 members and 1058 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I don't think Raffaele will sell Amanda out no matter what happens. He could have done so long back if he were going to, especially when the romance ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    I don't think Raffaele will sell Amanda out no matter what happens. He could have done so long back if he were going to, especially when the romance ended.

He needed to protect his own butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    There are no beans to spill. Raffaele conducted himself with dignity and bravery. He will not lie.

Wow...I don't see it that way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I just see her colder and more calculating than all that.
    I don't believe she has a single speck of remorse for anything.
    If she felt bad, in the least, for pointing to an innocent man, ( which we all know she's very guilty of) she would have made a sincere effort by trying to pay him and apologizing profusely. She just doesn't care. I don't believe that's because she lives in La La Land.

bbm

That's a good point. Even in innocent scenario, there is no excuse for not, as you say, making a sincere effort and apologizing profusely and sincerely.

I do think she is self-absorbed. This has a lot to do with how she can convince herself that she's the victim, and how she can put her own needs above Meredith's, Patrick's, and everyone else's.

IMO she views Patrick as "one of them" and out to get her. That's how she justifies in her mind that she doesn't owe him anything.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I just see her colder and more calculating than all that.
    I don't believe she has a single speck of remorse for anything.
    If she felt bad, in the least, for pointing to an innocent man, ( which we all know she's very guilty of) she would have made a sincere effort by trying to pay him and apologizing profusely. She just doesn't care. I don't believe that's because she lives in La La Land.

Could have not said it better. Hers is not clueless-ness, it is narcissism.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    If the guilty verdict is upheld I could see Sollecito spilling the beans out of anger. A third appeal would be hopeless.
    I don't know about that. I believe he will try to ride her coattails till the very, very end, until there is absolutely no other chance for appeal anywhere. For that he will have to remain silent.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    I don't know about that. I believe he will try to ride her coattails till the very, very end, until there is absolutely no other chance for appeal anywhere. For that he will have to remain silent.

In for a penny..in for a pound

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Obviously it won't alter anything but maybe out of anger to damage Knox.
    Eventually, at the very very end, I believe he might turn out of anger at Amanda. Until then, he is going to use her to his advantage. Just like with Kelsey- keeping his options open, he kept Kelsey Option open until the very end, then when he no longer needed her, he ended it. I see a pattern........

Amanda is not responsible for the imprisonment of Lumumba. The (not very bright) flying squad cops and Mignini are responsible.

They interrogated Amanda, abused her to the point of emotional breakdown (it's in their own testimony) and then used the resulting dreamlike and nonsensical statement to arrest him. Idiotic decision for which they escaped any consequences.

Generally is seems like the American public leans towards the two being innocent.

Does anyone know or have a sense about out Italians feel about this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    Sollecito's lawyers have already tried to distance their client from Knox during this appeal, but it is probably too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    It's hard to believe that we are literally on the eve of the verdict.

I know court is in session beginning 9am Florence time, and that the defense will be allowed one hour to wrap up their summation. (It will be 3 - 4 am in greater New York City, where I am).

I wonder how long they will deliberate, or when they will announce (must get media prepped , etc.)
    I am expecting about 10 hours of deliberations but could be a bit shorter since this is an appeal. Will just have to wait and see I guess

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Sollecito's lawyers have already tried to distance their client from Knox during this appeal, but it is probably too little, too late.
    Nonsense. Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda and explaining the internalized false confession phenomenon.

I think it is very sad that Amanda accused Patrick. It is sad that he lost so much because of this. What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word. Also, there is a conversation between Amanda and her mom where Amanda admits Patrick ' s innocence...why didn't they release him then? I just don't get this at all. Why isn't Patrick also legally fighting the authorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Nonsense. Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda and explaining the internalized false confession phenomenon.
    Bongiorno actually spent considerable time explaining that although Knox voluntarily provided written statements indicating that she had knowledge about the murder, Knox at no time implicated Sollecito. It seemed obvious to me that Sollecito's lawyer was pointing out the differences between evidence against Knox and evidence against her client.

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast