860 users online (130 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Nonsense. Bongiorno spent considerable time defending Amanda and explaining the internalized false confession phenomenon.

Sounds interesting...but irrelevant. She did not confess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Bongiorno actually spent considerable time explaining that although Knox voluntarily provided written statements indicating that she had knowledge about the murder, Knox at no time implicated Sollecito. It seemed obvious to me that Sollecito's lawyer was pointing out the differences between evidence against Knox and evidence against her client.
    I read this too, that Sollecito 's lawyer instead of defending that they were both innocent, she portrayed that her client was innocent.(Paraphrasing). That Sollecito's lawyer was distancing her client's actions from those of Knox.
    Last edited by Jessica2012; 01-29-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    I think it is very sad that Amanda accused Patrick. It is sad that he lost so much because of this. What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word. Also, there is a conversation between Amanda and her mom where Amanda admits Patrick ' s innocence...why didn't they release him then? I just don't get this at all. Why isn't Patrick also legally fighting the authorities?
    He is. He was offered 8000€ and turned it down. He instead filed a EHRC complaint.

If a young woman is brutally murdered and an eye witness voluntarily goes to the police station to describe, in great detail, the murder and the identify of the murderer, there is not a police officer in the world that will sit back and do nothing. Knox's claim was all the more credible because she seemed to have information about the murder (eg: sexual assault) before the information was made public, and her evidence (eg: scream) was corroborated by independent witnesses.

Lumumba had to be arrested. It was not sufficient for Knox to tell her mom that she lied about Patrick for him to be released. Neither she nor her mother reported that information to police. After the arrest, there had to be independent proof that Patrick was involved, or was not involved. Two weeks after the arrest, Patrick was exonnerated.
    Last edited by otto; 01-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Bongiorno actually spent considerable time explaining that although Knox voluntarily provided written statements indicating that she had knowledge about the murder, Knox at no time implicated Sollecito. It seemed obvious to me that Sollecito's lawyer was pointing out the differences between evidence against Knox and evidence against her client.
    I don't see it like this at all.

It's also simply not true that Bongiorno said Amanda provided the confession voluntarily. She argued the opposite.

Bongiorno have been defending Amanda and declaring her innocence along with Raffaele's since the beginning. It didn't change.

What I don't understand at all is how authorities can jail him for two weeks simply based on her word.
    Isn't it strange? Either they were very very dumb or they had something against Patrick that had nothing to do with the statement extracted from the girl.

I read this too, that Sollecito ' s lawyer instead of defending that they were both innocent, she portrayed that her client was innocent.(Paraphrasing). That Sollecito's lawyer was distancing her client's actions from those of Knox
    Of course, look at the forensic evidence they found against Amanda and then compare with forensic evidence against Raffaele. There is still overwhelming evidence that they were both together, taking circumstantial along with forensic, but I do not know why Raffaele's lawyer didn't try to separate him from the very beginning of the case.

I can only think that they didn't do that based on Raffaele's insistence. Maybe RS thought he better stick with Amanda, or else risk Amanda mid-process revealing his involvement. Then it would be all over for him.

I would think any competent lawyer would have recognized immediately that the best course for him was to separate him from Amanda, since there is more evidence on Amanda.

And I will add that perhaps at the end, Raffaele will file some sort of appeal stating attorney incompetence, or whatever the legal term is.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Of course, look at the forensic evidence they found against Amanda and then compare with forensic evidence against Raffaele. There is still overwhelming evidence that they were both together, taking circumstantial along with forensic, but I do not know why Raffaele's lawyer didn't try to separate him from the very beginning of the case.

I can only think that they didn't do that based on Raffaele's insistence. Maybe RS thought he better stick with Amanda, or else risk Amanda mid-process revealing his involvement. Then it would be all over for him.

I would think any competent lawyer would have recognized immediately that the best course for him was to separate him from Amanda, since there is more evidence on Amanda.

I think he hoped to ride that PR train she had.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Thanks, exactly as I said. Even in this piece based entirely on reporting from extreme pro-guilt commenters it's clear Bongiorno is defending Amanda and proving the statement was not voluntary.

The high-powered defense attorney also said, "If we look at Knox, it's not her sidetracking investigation, but rather investigators sidetracking her."
    The top female lawyer in Italy today also criticized interpreter Anna Domino for "altering Knox's statements." She even referred to the interpreter as a "medium" (psychic) and not an interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I think he hoped to ride that PR train she had.

Whatever he did, I'm sure it was his decision and he advised his lawyers what course he wanted to take.

I would be interested to hear from defense attorneys as to what they would have done if given Raffaele's case. We have heard much from all kinds of experts about Amanda, I have not heard what they say about Raffaele individually.

I think it's obvious that he should have separated from Amanda from the very beginning.

I don't think it has anything to do with Honor.

I think he was scared sh****** that Amanda would end up turning on him (revealing his involvement) if he didn't stick with his story.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Sorry Katody I did not mean to write that as a response to your post
    I've edited my response.

Bongiorno is defending Amanda. It would be madness for Bongiorno to say that the statement was voluntary. Instead she argued it was a forced internalized false confession.

I don't see it like this at all.

It's also simply not true that Bongiorno said Amanda provided the confession voluntarily. She argued the opposite.

Bongiorno have been defending Amanda and declaring her innocence along with Raffaele's since the beginning. It didn't change.
    Bongiorno tried to discuss the statement that Knox signed at the time of her arrest, but the Judge shut her down and told her that it is not part of the trial evidence and will not be discussed.

Bongiorno tried to discuss the statement that Knox signed at the time of her arrest, but the Judge shut her down and told her that it is not part of the trial evidence and will not be discussed.
    I don't think your information about what was said is accurate at all.

Let's just disagree

Isn't it strange? Either they were very very dumb or they had something against Patrick that had nothing to do with the statement extracted from the girl.
    Dumb police do arrest suspects when eye witness information about a murder is reported ... those dumb police! Murderers should be allowed to do whatever they want until there is a conviction!!!

Ha, sorry, this is an Italian piece gone through my Google Chrome translation---

Meredith Kercher murder: waiting for the judgment

In the classroom there will be the brothers of the British student murdered in Perugia in 2007. Of the two defendants we will only Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox listen to the reading of the United States. For them, respectively, the PG has asked 26 and 30 years in prison -
    Florence
    January 29, 2014

They come from all over the world, 500 journalists accredited to follow the reading of the sentence on the murder of Meredith Kercher, the British student murdered in Perugia November 1st 2007.

There is great anticipation for the moment when the Assize Court of Appeal of Florence, on Thursday afternoon, will retire in the Council Chamber to decide whether Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are guilty or innocent.

In the classroom there will be brothers Meredith, Stephanie and Lyle, while the two defendants we will only Raffaele Sollecito. Amanda Knox will follow the hearing by the United States.

Whether there will be the risk arrest sentence Sollecito If convicted, the Deputy Attorney General, Alexander Horsehair, asked for the defendants an interim measure pending the verdict becomes final. In the case of Sollecito could also be stopped - some have read her presence in the classroom tomorrow as a sort of last-ditch effort to convince the judges that is not going to escape. Any precautionary measure, in fact, for he would take effect immediately: in the case of the travel ban would withdraw the passport immediately, in the case of the home would have a period of time to get home, in case of arrest would be taken immediately to prison.

For Knox, however, would be those times, longer, treaties between Italy and the United States. request of the PG: 30 years for Amanda, Raffaele 26 Including the final three years already for slander Patrick Lumumba, for Amanda Knox asked the Attorney General has 30 years in prison, Raffaele Sollecito 26.

The magistrates of Florence have eliminated the motive of the game came erotic evil proposed by the prosecution in Perugia. According to their reconstruction in the murder would cause friction between the two girls for the management of the house.
    http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/art....lMUbhsCI.dpuf

Dumb police do arrest suspects when eye witness information about a murder is reported ... those dumb police! Murderers should be allowed to do whatever they want until there is a conviction!!!
    Otto, I believe this is the first time I've seen you use the word dumb on here.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast