1063 users online (211 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Dumb police do arrest suspects when eye witness information about a murder is reported ... those dumb police! Murderers should be allowed to do whatever they want until there is a conviction!!!
    They had a confused nonsensical and devoid of details statement from a girl
    that (always according to the police testimony) was just caught lying and also was in a state of emotional shock.

I'd expect the cops to be a little bit cautious and skeptical in such situation.

They had zero evidence of Lumumba's involvement. It was a dumb move to arrest Lumumba and the reality check was swift and humiliating when the prints didn't match him.

Either not very bright or there was something else in play.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Ha, sorry, this is an Italian piece gone through my Google Chrome translation---

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/art....lMUbhsCI.dpuf
    I must say I am surprised at Raffaele staying in Italy.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Ha, sorry, this is an Italian piece gone through my Google Chrome translation---

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/art....lMUbhsCI.dpuf
    This case is an embarrassment, a Costa Concordia of Italian judiciary. It will not go away with tomorrow's conviction, it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    I would be afraid if I were in his shoes; However, I think he and his father rightly concluded it would look worse if he didn't appear.

Otto, I believe this is the first time I've seen you use the word dumb on here.
    My apologies ... I should have put it in quotation marks, as it wasn't exactly my word. Still, anyone that wants the "dumb police" to leave murderers on the street should rethink the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    They had a confused nonsensical and devoid of details statement from a girl
    that (always according to the police testimony) was just caught lying and also was in a state of emotional shock.

I'd expect the cops to be a little bit cautious and skeptical in such situation.

They had zero evidence of Lumumba's involvement. It was a dumb move to arrest Lumumba and the reality check was swift and humiliating when the prints didn't match him.

Either not very bright or there was something else in play.
    Police had all the evidence they needed. They had an eye witness who stated that she was present at the murder scene, albeit in another room with her fingers in her ears, and who claimed that her boss violently murdered Meredith.

This case is an embarrassment, a Costa Concordia of Italian judiciary. It will not go away with tomorrow's conviction, it will only get worse.
    Well, we don't know what the ruling will be. We know something of Nencini and the opinion of the Court of Cassation, but if these professional and lay judges are independent , then how do we know what they will make of everything? I really am prepared to hear convictions or acquittals.

I can't believe 500 international journalists will be descending on that courtroom, yikes. Raffaelle must be sleepless tonight.

If the verdict is guilty, there will be provisions, most likely stripping Sollecito of his passport, but he is hoping that by appearing in the courtroom, it demonstrates good will and that he will keep all of his freedoms. I think it's the best move he can make. If he flees to DR prior to the hearing, he will definitely be stripped of his rights and freedoms.

My apologies ... I should have put it in quotation marks, as it wasn't exactly my word. Still, anyone that wants the "dumb police" to leave murderers on the street should rethink the consequences.
    The consequences of their "professionalism" were three innocent people in jail and the murderer still on the loose.

The consequences of this judicial circus will be Guede back on loose this year, probably soon raping and murdering again.

Well, we don't know what the ruling will be. We know something of Nencini and the opinion of the Court of Cassation, but if these professional and lay judges are independent , then how do we know what they will make of everything? I really am prepared to hear convictions or acquittals.

I can't believe 500 international journalists will be descending on that courtroom, yikes. Raffaelle must be sleepless tonight.
    500 journalists have requested permission to report from the courtroom during the last six years, but I don't think that 500 will attend.

Police had all the evidence they needed. They had an eye witness who stated that she was present at the murder scene, albeit in another room with her fingers in her ears, and who claimed that her boss violently murdered Meredith.
    Wow. I must say I don't see it like this.

If the verdict is guilty, there will be provisions, most likely stripping Sollecito of his passport, but he is hoping that by appearing in the courtroom, it demonstrates good will and that he will keep all of his freedoms. I think it's the best move he can make. If he flees to DR prior to the hearing, he will definitely be stripped of his rights and freedoms.
    Yes, I absolutely agree. This was the only way to go.

I seem to remember from media reports and also from the leaked text messages that Raffaele made the decision to stay in Italy and face the injustice long ago.

500 journalists have requested permission to report from the courtroom during the last six years, but I don't think that 500 will attend.
    Oh, OK -

I was wondering how the heck they would get all their equiptment in there

I seem to remember from media reports and also from the leaked text messages that Raffaele made the decision to stay in Italy and face the injustice long ago.
    Right - it may well have been just rumor or speculation that he was intending to flee.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast