1212 users online (237 members and 975 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Didn't Raf want amanda to back up his alibi that they were both at this apartment watching movies on his computer and she refused to back him up.......

or am I wrong..........
    From what I remember they both agreed to same alibi
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

I hope hope hope she goes back to Italy........ she belongs in prison.

and she had many more freedoms in Italian prison then she would at a US prison.

they get treated way better over there then they do over here.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    But her case hasn't been retired has it?

From what I gather this is the way Italy works in the appeal processes.

These phases are appellate phases..........not retrials.

So how can that be double jeopardy?

I honestly cant see the US willing to break an international treaty just because of one lone fugitive from justice. I also don't think they will set a precedence for AK either nor should they, imo.

IMO
    You're right, it wasn't re-tried and everybody knows that. This was an overturn of her appeal. So it is not double jeopardy.

Seriously doubt America is gonna harbor an international fugitive convicted of murder. Now it'll likely be a year or two until she is extradited, but I believe firmly that at some point she will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    From what I remember they both agreed to same alibi
    They both have had many alibis, that didn't really hold up.

I'm not sure if it was Sollecitos last alibi, but at some point he stated Amanda left his flat early in the night and didn't come back until 1 am.

Quote Originally Posted by I Must Break You View Post
    You're right, it wasn't re-tried and everybody knows that. This was an overturn of her appeal. So it is not double jeopardy.

Seriously doubt America is gonna harbor an international fugitive convicted of murder. Now it'll likely be a year or two until she is extradited, but I believe firmly that at some point she will be.
    Thank you but I am not sure everyone knows that because I continue to see 'she was retired' and that is not the case.

In fact I have thought about the Italian justice system since this happened and admit that at times I would like our own prosecutors to have the right to appeal a case that ended in NG if more evidence was obtained showing positive guilt.

For instance wouldn't this have been good to have when the video tape of Mel Ignato's murdered girlfriend was discovered after his trial was held showing he had raped/tortured and murdered her brutally. He too had been found NG even though he was guilty as hell. Yet here the Prosecutors have no rights to appeal a case even if it is to bring true justice to the victim who had been denied.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Don't know if this has been posted: Sollecito stopped at Italian border:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/world/...-knox-retrial/

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Thank you but I am not sure everyone knows that because I continue to see 'she was retired' and that is not the case.

In fact I have thought about the Italian justice system since this happened and admit that at times I would like our own prosecutors to have the right to appeal a case that ended in NG if more evidence was obtained showing positive guilt.

For instance wouldn't this have been good to have when the video tape of Mel Ignato's murdered girlfriend was discovered after his trial was held showing he had raped/tortured and murdered her brutally. He too had been found NG even though he was guilty as hell. Yet here the Prosecutors have no rights to appeal a case even if it is to bring true justice to the victim who had been denied.

IMO

You're right I don't think everyone knows, but I think a lot do even though they continue to cling to double jeopardy.

I kinda have a feeling some of the double jeopardy hullabaloo is coming from the Knox camp in a last ditch effort to rally people against her being extradited.

I had never heard about the Mel Ignato case, that's really sad. I think in situations like that the police should maybe just turn a blind eye to some family justice being meted out.

I am just stunned at, while reading the MSM articles, the comments people post there.
    Just stunned.

<modsnip> which so surprises me. Color me naive, I guess.

I am waiting to hear if there will be any word from AK's school. Curious about that, as well.
    And settling in for the wait for the Judge's report.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 01-31-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: negative characterization
    KTCA : Karma Target Casey Anthony.

Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 06:25 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavya01 View Post
    I am just stunned at, while reading the MSM articles, the comments people post there.
    Just stunned.

<modsnip> Color me naive, I guess.

I am waiting to hear if there will be any word from the convicted felon's school. Curious about that, as well.
    And settling in for the wait for the Judge's report.
    I think it's mostly people that haven't looked at the evidence at all. I personally came to this case many years ago, right after her conviction. I was under the impression that she was innocent and came into this case prepared to be outraged about some poor American girl being railroaded, all thanks to the MSM. Then I started looking at the evidence, which I quickly saw to be overwhelmingly pointing toward their guilt. But if I hadn't taken the time to actually look at the evidence or read the Massei report, I may have been right there with them today.

Quote Originally Posted by I Must Break You View Post
    I think it's mostly people that haven't looked at the evidence at all. I personally came to this case many years ago, right after her conviction. I was under the impression that she was innocent and came into this case prepared to be outraged about some poor American girl being railroaded, all thanks to the MSM. Then I started looking at the evidence, which I quickly saw to be overwhelmingly pointing toward their guilt. But if I hadn't taken the time to actually look at the evidence or read the Massei report, I may have been right there with them today.
    responding to bolded
    I find that very offensive and untrue... Many posters here are very well read and knowledgeable about the case and lean toward innocence. I am usually pro-prosecution and started that way in this case. I looked at the evidence in depth and changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    responding to bolded
    I find that very offensive and untrue... Many posters here are very well read and knowledgeable about the case and lean toward innocence. I am usually pro-prosecution and started that way in this case. I looked at the evidence in depth and changed my mind.
    I wasn't talking about here. I was responding to what many people on mainstream media sites are saying. I don't think it's a stretch at all to believe most people don't do their research and just take what the MSM tells them without question. Again I wasn't talking about people here, and I understand some people will look at the evidence and think them innocent, but I would say most people on news sites and such have not done so.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    US will likely extradite Knox if Italy asks

Chicago (AFP) - The United States will have little legal argument for turning down an extradition request should Italy seek the return of Amanda Knox for the 2007 murder of her British housemate.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-likely-extr...000547631.html
    I hope this is true, but I seriously doubt she will be extradited. Americans are so freaking blind. It seems they have bought into the whole "that sweet faced, All American (pardon me, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little) girl coudn't possibly murder someone. Those evil Italians set her up" crap.

I kinda wish we could send all our criminals over there. A second chance with Casey, OJ and the two murderous Fullerton cops? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63