1030 users online (212 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 # 4

Leanne Bearden

33 year old Leanne Bearden has been missing since Friday January 17th, 2014 from a family member's Garden Ridge place of residence in Garden Ridge, Texas. She was seen walking away. Bearden is 5' and weighs about 100 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown shoulder length hair.

Please contact contact the Comal County Sheriff's Office at 830-620-3400.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Gard...241077051.html

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

We do not have any POI's or suspects in this case, there should be no sleuthing of anyone except Leanne.

Thanks,

Cat

Again, Josh is not a suspect or POI so no sleuthing or intimating he is responsible unless or until MSM and LE state it as such.

No more bickering! If you do not like a post, alert it with the little red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post and move on, do not respond.

For those new, here are the links I posted in previous threads of their AMAZING travel blog, photos, and videos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/sets/
    http://www.goexplore365.com/
    www.youtube.com/user/GoExplore365?feature=watch

I feel for Josh's pain and suffering - can only hope his Leanne comes home to him and is okay!

At the end of the last thread, people were asking about Leanne walking with her wallet. Here's what Josh said about that on Jane Velez Mitchell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We are very interested. And we want to see if somehow we can either jog somebody`s memory who is watching.

Now, here`s the thing that I want to clarify. What time exactly did she go out, and why would she go out without a cell phone? And yet I understand she had her wallet with her.

J. BEARDEN: You know, we always go out for a walk with a cell phone. So normally, you know, she wouldn`t have her cell phone with her. Plus we only had one cell phone. Because we`d been sharing a cell phone, until we moved back to Denver. So her not having a cell phone isn`t that unusual, because I was doing job interviews.

And as far as the wallet goes, we always hike with our wallet or go walk around with our wallet. I really don`t understand why that`s unusual. But I guess it is. We always go for a walk with our wallets.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...7/ijvm.01.html

IF...she was abducted, the abductor was likely male...so I'm wondering if they have gotten in touch with our sports talk radio, A lot of males (not stereotyping) just turn that on and listen through the day not to mention Superboul is coming up which means gatherings and parties and....possibly new engagements to be announced at those parties. Am I making any sense??
    "Moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. We never see the light of day. We plan this thing for weeks and all they want to do is study. I'm disgusted. I'm sorry but it's not like me, I'm depressed" Chris Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1 View Post
    IF...she was abducted, the abductor was likely male...so I'm wondering if they have gotten in touch with our sports talk radio, A lot of males (not stereotyping) just turn that on and listen through the day not to mention Superboul is coming up which means gatherings and parties and....possibly new engagements to be announced at those parties. Am I making any sense??
    Sorry, but no not to me. This is not a spots eventl. mo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    Sorry, but no not to me. This is not a spots eventl. mo
    No the Superboul is a sports event. People have large get togethers to watch the game. People who are interested in the Superboul just might listen to local sports radio (I for one can name several off the top of my head) so I am wondering if the family has gotten the word out through that avenue of media and hit a large target audience of males. Bc if she was abducted, then she was likely abducted by a male.
    "Moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. We never see the light of day. We plan this thing for weeks and all they want to do is study. I'm disgusted. I'm sorry but it's not like me, I'm depressed" Chris Knight

Okay, I read every post! Lock the thread now since I know I'll have to play catch up when I come back tomorrow...don't you ever feel like that too?

Three things that bug me and wish the PI were here to answer-

It was mentioned she had been contact with someone(s) earlier in the day by computer - any further info on that ?

Is there enough surveillance data, and has it been gone over, to determine that she could not have gotten very far because she does not appear in any?

Was she wearing a backpack and is there a photo of it?

FWIW, this is the only backpack I've stumbled upon in any of their blog/trip pics I've seen so far but I've not been through them all - there are so many!

http://flic.kr/p/dM1rJd

http://flic.kr/p/dLUUQr

ETA: but IF that's the BP she might have why with her, why isn't a photo of it being circulated?
    Last edited by tarabull; 01-30-2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Fix bad links and poor English

Wish there was something more...anything....to help us on this.

Quote Originally Posted by fraudqueen View Post
    Wish there was something more...anything....to help us on this.
    "J. BEARDEN: You know, we always go out for a walk with a cell phone. So normally, you know, she wouldn`t have her cell phone with her."

this is something more to go on right there. it's such a contradiction why anyone hasn't seen it i have no clue.

he is saying that they ALWAYS go for a walk with a cell phone and in the next sentence he is saying normally she wouldn't have her cell phone with her. which is it? if it is common place for them to always take the cell phone with for a walk then why did she not have the cell phone with her this time?

just my 2 cents again.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairynuff View Post
    "J. BEARDEN: You know, we always go out for a walk with a cell phone. So normally, you know, she wouldn`t have her cell phone with her."

this is something more to go on right there. it's such a contradiction why anyone hasn't seen it i have no clue.

he is saying that they ALWAYS go for a walk with a cell phone and in the next sentence he is saying normally she wouldn't have her cell phone with her. which is it? if it is common place for them to always take the cell phone with for a walk then why did she not have the cell phone with her this time?

just my 2 cents again.
    I wondered if that it was missing the without.... Anyone have it to listen? But if that is what he said that is odd... When I read it up, I had question it too. So is he confirming that he was the one with the phone call interview?

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This was probably discussed last evening. I only read the last 3 pages. On FB Our Friend Leannes page they said all recent sightings of Leanne have been ruled out.

I just wanted to put my input. I really don't think she took off :/ This case makes me so sad. Reading the transcript with Josh talking about spending two years so close together, and then her just missing. My heart breaks for her family.

I hope if anyone has any information that they will come forward.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast