GUILTY NM - Kristy Black, 19, murdered, Ruidoso, 8 May 2005

:confused:

I hope he does nothing to hurt the child, it's bad enough that he has already killed the mother (of course we have no proof of that yet, but I'd almost put money on it that he was the one who did it) How sad...

What makes me fearful for the baby is that Ivan Villa is not the child's father. I hope they find this child ok.

I wonder how long they had been together. Hopefully, long enough that the man is very attached to the child. I so hope this innocent baby is not harmed.

Suspect also has family in El Paso and California
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3173291

Missing toddler whose mom slain
may be headed here

Associated Press

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,ms sans-serif][size=-1]RESOURCES[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, ms sans-serif][size=-2]
black.jpg
Missing: Justin Black

• Amber Alert

ivilla.jpg
Sought: Ivan Villa [/size][/font]

RUIDOSO, N.M. - New Mexico state police issued an Amber Alert for a 16-month-old boy after his mother was found dead just hours after police had answered a domestic call at the apartment where they lived. Police believe the child and his mother's husband may be headed for the Houston area. "We've received some calls and some tips, but unfortunately we haven't had a significant development," state police Lt. Jimmy Glascock said Monday.

The toddler, Justin Black, was at the apartment Sunday afternoon when Ruidoso police responded to a domestic dispute between Ivan Villa and Kristi Black, who state police said are married.

Several hours later, a friend went to the apartment and found Kristi Black's body, Glascock said. The woman had been killed, but Glascock would not release details of how she died.

Villa and the child, who is not Villa's son, were gone, Glascock said.

Villa, 22, has ties to the Houston area, and state police believe he may be headed there, Glascock said. Ruidoso police said he also has family in the El Paso, Texas, area, and in California.

The Amber Alert was broadcast throughout New Mexico and into Texas, but Glascock said the information went nationwide through police channels and groups that put out alerts on missing children.

Villa is described as 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and a goatee. He was believed to be driving a silver or gray 2000 Ford Mustang with New Mexico license plate GBN805, Glascock said.

Justin Black was described only as having brown hair and brown eyes.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Ivan Villa you are asked to call New Mexico State Police at 888-442-6677 or dial 911.

I saw this Amber Alert today on I35 in Texas...driving home from a field trip. Prayers for this baby......so sad.

Hello, Im new here. Lurking for many months. First time post--be gentle...lol. I was in the car this afternoon, and listening to one of the San Antonio Radio Stations. While they did not issue the Amber Alert, they did tell of this case. They gave a description of the man, vehicle, and child. So the San Antonio and Hill Country areas are on alert.

Txmom said:
Hello, Im new here. Lurking for many months. First time post--be gentle...lol. I was in the car this afternoon, and listening to one of the San Antonio Radio Stations. While they did not issue the Amber Alert, they did tell of this case. They gave a description of the man, vehicle, and child. So the San Antonio and Hill Country areas are on alert.

Welcome to WS Txmom!!!!! We must have been side by side on the highway ;)

Txmom said:

Welcome! I'm glad the alert is out. I'm praying someone will spot them.

The news article said that they had been married for 6 months. That little guy looks like a happy baby. I hope the guy just drops him off somewhere like in a store or something. I doubt that he wants to keep him with him....easier to get caught. Kristi was such a pretty little thing. It just never ends does it!

From Nancy Grace on CNN, Transcript, May 9:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0505/09/ng.01.html

GRACE: We are going live to New Mexico tonight. A 16-month-old little toddler named Justin Black missing tonight, his mom found dead.

With us tonight in Santa Fe, New Mexico, state police public information officer Lieutenant Jimmy Glascock. In Albuquerque, KRQE-TV reporter Tim Caputo.

Tim, bring me up-to-date.

TIM CAPUTO, KRQE-TV REPORTER: Well, at this point, they`re still searching for the suspect. The baby was missing yesterday afternoon when a friend went to that woman`s house, Kristy Black`s house, last night, found her dead. There was a domestic, as you said, earlier in that day.

Right now, they`re searching. They saw the car a little bit south of Ruidoso, New Mexico, where that family had lived. And at this point, they`re really low on leads. I just spoke with the lead investigator who said they`ve received a handful of tips but nothing really concrete at this point. And they`re searching for him.

At this point, they don`t believe that there`s any reason to believe the child was harmed, but obviously they want to get this child, this 16- month-old child, back in the family`s arms as soon as possible.

GRACE: Lieutenant Glascock, the mom has been murdered. Why are you so convinced the little boy hasn`t been harmed?

LT. JIMMY GLASCOCK, NEW MEXICO STATE POLICE: That`s certainly our overall concern is Justin`s overall safety and well-being. And that`s why we want him brought back just as soon as possible.

GRACE: What car do you think they`re traveling in?

GLASCOCK: The best information that we`ve received so far in the investigation is that he`s possibly driving a 2000 model silver or gray Ford Mustang.

GRACE: 2000, what color?

GLASCOCK: Silver or gray.

GRACE: Silver or gray Mustang.

With us, Tim Caputo, as well as Lieutenant Jimmy Glascock.

Take a look at this baby. Boy, he looks like a baby doll. Justin Black, just 16-months-old, missing tonight. There`s an Amber Alert. Breaking news. Take a look. We`ll all be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: This is Justin Black. He`s only 16 months old, last seen in Lincoln County, New Mexico, 20 pounds. His height is 2`6``. He looks like a baby doll.

Welcome back, everybody. We are bringing you breaking news of an Amber Alert tonight. This little boy has gone missing. His mom has been killed. Now, it`s my understanding, Lieutenant Glascock -- he`s with New Mexico State Police -- that police went to the home that afternoon around 1:00 p.m. on a domestic call. There was a verbal dispute. Police left. When they were there, they saw the boy. They saw the mother. Everything`s fine.

By 6:00, the mom is dead. The baby is gone. And the stepfather is gone, right?

GLASCOCK: Yes, that`s correct. It`s extremely concerning and disturbing.

GRACE: What was Ivan Villa`s relationship to Kristi Black?

GLASCOCK: We`ve since learned that they have been married approximately six months or since August.

GRACE: So, they are married. Is this his biological son?

GLASCOCK: No. Justin is not his biological son.

GRACE: OK.

And very quickly to Tim Caputo, KRQE reporter.

Tim, I know we`re looking for a 2000 silver -- what`s the name of the car?

CAPUTO: It`s a Ford mustang, a 2000 Ford Mustang.

GRACE: Ford Mustang. Ford Mustang.

Who found Kristi black dead?

CAPUTO: At this point, they`re not saying. They`re saying a friend went to her condominium around 6:30 last night Mountain time, found it, called police, and that`s when the investigation started getting under way looking for the 16-month-old child.

GRACE: And, Tim, when was the vehicle last seen and when?

Take a look, guys, Ivan Villa.

When was the vehicle last seen and where?

CAPUTO: Well, the Amber Alert came out at around 9:30 last night. There was a sobriety checkpoint in the town just of Ruidoso. And they say, at 7:30, an officer there possibly spotted the vehicle and/or Ivan Villa at that point. They believe he was possibly heading towards El Paso or on to Houston. They say he`s got a lot of ties in Juarez, which is just over the El Paso border, El Paso, Houston, and a handful of other places, both in New Mexico and in Texas.

GRACE: And, Tim, very quickly, does Villa have a criminal record?

CAPUTO: None whatsoever. Police say it`s amazing they haven`t found any record on him whatsoever, just that domestic call they went out to on Sunday afternoon, which I found out was just a squabble between him and his wife about, they were hiding things. His wife hid the car. He hid her purse. And that is why they called police.

GRACE: Well, you know, I know you said it was a typical domestic. But not everybody has the police show up on their front door, Tim. So I guess, in that sense of the world, it would be typical. But, suddenly, she`s dead and the baby`s missing.

(CROSSTALK)

CAPUTO: Well, for the Ruidoso Police Department`s sake...

GRACE: Yes.

CAPUTO: They said, when they went to the house that afternoon, there wasn`t any signs of physical abuse or any kind of violence at the house. And that`s why they went on their way and later came back to find out it possibly turned into violence, what they believe.

(CROSSTALK)

CAPUTO: But they said, when they got there, this was nothing more than a verbal dispute.

GRACE: Lieutenant Jimmy Glascock with New Mexico State Police and Tim Caputo, KRQE, thank you, gentlemen.

Very quickly, Elizabeth (ph), could you show Justin Black one more time before we go to California?

This is Justin Black and his mom, Justin missing. Breaking news, Amber Alert tonight, on this 16-month-old toddler out of New Mexico.

mrs4point0 said:
What makes me fearful for the baby is that Ivan Villa is not the child's father. I hope they find this child ok.

That worries me too... I hope this little guy is found soon and along with the person who killed his mom.
How sad.

They've found Villa's truck abandoned in NM.
No signs of Villa or the baby.
Source: Fox news TV

Doesn't sound good to me..

oh no, I hope that he doesn't kill the baby and himself!
hoping and praying for a miracle!

I know they said they thought he might be headed to TX, but I can't help but wonder if he's headed across the border to Mexico....

And then googled for news on this case and found this:

The Ford Mustang that disappeared from a Ruidoso murder scene was discovered in a Juarez, Mexico, city street Tuesday afternoon.

22-year old Ivan Villa and 16-month old Justin Black were not in the vehicle seized by Juarez police.
So he IS in Mexico then.....that's even worse...makes it harder for us to get him back...if Mexican authorities catch him NM prosecuters will most likely have to agree to no DP in order to have him extradited to the US...:doh:

Isn't Juarez the city with the hundreds of "mysteriously" killed women?

ABC 7 News - Car in Missing Child Case Found in Mexico

"... We're still investigating to determine whether (Ivan Villa) is inside or outside the country," New Mexico state police Lt. Jimmy Glascock said.

Authorities said they were investigating a tip Tuesday afternoon that a man carrying a baby was seen walking across one of the international bridges from Ciudad Juarez to the United States. They were also looking for a white Cadillac Escalade with Texas plates that was spotted trying to tow the Mustang...

Authorities determined (Kristi Black) had been strangled...

mrs4point0 said:
Since LE has said that they were called to the house earlier that day, and we now know that Kristi was strangled, it sounds possible that after LE left, they just continued arguing, and he strangled her out of anger or frustration. I'm hoping that this is something that happened unexpectedly, and when he realized that he had killed her, he took the baby and ran out of fear. I'm hoping that he took the baby because he he loves him, and didn't know how long it would be before someone would find Kristi, and he didn't want to risk the baby hurting himself or starving if the situation wasn't discovered for a while. Hopefully he has a heart, and will bring this baby back safely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back