1302 users online (233 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg

Missing Mich. woman who died in Texas identified

http://www.burlesonstar.net/texasnews/ci_25026741
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Texas officials tell police body of hit-and-run victim is Davison's Paulette Jaster

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._in_texas.html

Mentions websleuths! Great job! Pbuck - glad you found your sister.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Great Job, Houston Mom. Alot of people over the past 30+ years have been looking for her, and she has been compared to numerous UID's in this forum.

You finally found her. We're proud of you.

Congrats HOUSTON MOM!!!!

RIP Paulette Jaster

I just heard the news and I want to say how very, very proud Websleuths is of all of you!

This will put a "solved" in front of two of our cases, but more importantly, this will help a family to know what happened to their love one and will give Paulette her name back.

I just can't say that enough.

Salem

Houston Mom

We are so proud of you and all the members that work so hard at identifying those that have lost their names.

AWESOME work!

Salem

Oh my Gosh! You guys are fantastic!!! Thank you all for your dedication and hard work here!

and what Salem said...

When I talk to people regarding how Websleuths helps victims, this is the area that I mention the most. And here's why.

Houston Mom, thank you for the countless hours you spend in order to send someone home. I hope and pray Paulette will be a light as you continue forth on your next journey(s).

So. That's two young women identified as dying in Houston in the early 80s, both of whom were from very far away… Paulette and Michelle Garvey. I guess maybe we should stop considering geography as strictly as we have been. WTG Houston Mom. Sorry for your loss, Pbuck, but glad you have an answer.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Thumbs up

way to go Houston Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    The NamUs file says it was created in Oct '08, but that doesn't necessarily mean in went "on line" on that day. NamUs wasn't fully functional till '09.

https://www.findthemissing.org/docum...Background.pdf

The sketch and later photo were the result of Dr. D's fancy footwork to get this case solved!!

I'm noticing that many sketches and photos are being added to the many missing. I think, and this is my opinion, LE, ME and whoever else is in charge, are learning the value of the publics help and social media. There are just so many missing and so much work to do.
    The UID case has been there at least since last June. I checked an archived copy of my UID listing, and UP 4641 was there. It probably didn't get much attention because there were no images at that time.

Houston Mom!!!! Great job lady!!!!!!!

Wonderful, awesome work!

Websleuths is so proud of you Houston Mom and all who work these cases!

Great work Houston Mom!

We're so very proud of all of you. This is such wonderful news.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast