740 users online (105 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    So exciting. As Carl says, something about Paulette has attracted a lot of eyeballs over a long time. Fantastic job, Houston Mom, and happy you have some of the answers, finally, Pbuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    Submitted Paula as a possible match for UID involved in a hit and run in March of 1980.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4641

oops, I see she is already mentioned on the thread.......
    I looked to see where she was mentioned before but didn't find it.

Copying my post here..

Quote Originally Posted by Pbuck View Post
    Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg
    Peg; my condolences to your family. I'm thankful you do not have to spend another day wondering where Paulette is. Can you tell us how they came to the conclusion that she is Paulette since the dentals didn't work out?

I do not have a missing loved one; I can never know the hell your family & other family feels. I volunteer my time because of people like you; that makes sure your loved one is in the press; on message boards like WS as well as FB pages. I wish that everyone with a missing loved one would consider coming here; checking to see if there is a post then regularly posting to it so that their face is fresh in our mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    I'm trying to work my way through the Harris County Unidentified list. I just put the stats in NamUs and Paulette's name was on the list. When it was said she was travelling between AZ and FL; and she was carrying a duffle bag, I said "Eureka!" Have you received official notification??? Is it definite??

I do walk with God and I am sure He has led me to this hobby. Just knowing that you sister has found her way home and your questions are now answered fills my heart with joy.

I'm honored to be here with you & the others that work so hard to give families their loved ones back <3

In an email to The Flint Journal, the online poster who Sperlich credited with making the Jaster-Jane Doe connection on www.websleuths.com would not identify herself, and said she's not looking for attention.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._river_default

Above all, keep the hope alive. God answers prayer, and Miracles still happen!

Pbuck, I'm glad you know where your sister is now, but I'm so very sorry it couldn't be under happier circumstances. Please accept my condolences for your family's loss.

Houston Mom, beautifully, beautifully done. This is a prime example of a match made by human intelligence.

(I notice from the Google cache of both cases that dental information was available and entered for both Ms. Jaster and the UID. I wish we had more information about how NamUs attempts dental, DNA, and fingerprint matching.)

add Freckles.

Link to Pbuck's latest post with link to the latest article.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Paulette Jaster, 25, Davison, 12 May 1979
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

You are awesome Houston Mom, with an incredible knack for matching the UID's.

Outstanding work.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Wow. Great, great job Houston Mom! Just amazing. Really illustrates the importance of thinking - and looking - outside the box. Prayers to Paulette's family. Such bittersweet news. May Paulette RIP.

Didn't realize this didn't post when I hit submit due to posting in the other thread... Came back from feeding my grandson & noticed

Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    Pbuck, I'm glad you know where your sister is now, but I'm so very sorry it couldn't be under happier circumstances. Please accept my condolences for your family's loss.

Houston Mom, beautifully, beautifully done. This is a prime example of a match made by human intelligence.

(I notice from the Google cache of both cases that dental information was available and entered for both Ms. Jaster and the UID. I wish we had more information about how NamUs attempts dental, DNA, and fingerprint matching.)
    See the newest article she posted in Paulette's thread; very interesting!
    Three freckles helped Texas officials identify dead woman as long-missing Davison woman

This week, siblings found out the reason for the silence after a citizen tip led Harris County officials to compare the unidentified woman with Jaster.

Derrick said identifications are typically made with fingerprints, but in this case, none were on file for Jaster.

And although there were dental records to compare with autopsy reports, there were no dental X-rays to compare.

Finally, investigators had DNA samples from Jaster's family members, but DNA wasn't collected for the accident victim when she was buried in Texas at county expense.

Derrick said the ability of Jaster's sisters to identified the woman as their sibling helped with the identification as well as consistencies in dental records, matching freckles and the same hairline pattern.

MI - Paulette Jaster, 25, Davison, 12 May 1979'
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbuck View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._river_default

Above all, keep the hope alive. God answers prayer, and Miracles still happen!
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Congrats, Houston Mom!!! <3

Great job, Houston Mom! Another one goes home.
    Sittin' on the rock, circlin' the sun, jus' tryin' to be good.

Here is the data from the now closed UP Casefile (obtained from Google Cache)

Case Report - NamUs UP # 4641
    Case Information

Status Unidentified
    Case Number ML80-1845
    Date Found 28 Mar 1980 23:10
    File Created 15 Oct 2008 00:00
    Date Last Modified 27 Dec 2012 13:13
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)

Agency Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
    Telephone 713-796-6774

Case Manager
    Name Jennifer Love
    Telephone Number 713.796.6774

Demographics
    Estimated Age Adult - Pre 30
    Minimum Age 20 years
    Maximum Age 30 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Weight (lbs) 138, Estimated
    Height (inches) 64, Estimated

Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
    XXX All parts recovered

Body conditions Body Recognizable
    Probable Year of Death 1980 to 1980
    Estimated Postmortem Interval 1 Hour
    Circumstances
    Location Found:
    GPS coordinates: 30.129454N , -93.899647W
    Address 1 17700 I-10 East
    Address 2
    City Houston
    State Texas
    Zip Code
    County Harris

Circumstances
    Victim of a hit and run 17700 I-10 Eastbound. She was seen prior to the accident in an oil truck stop looking for a ride to Beaumont, TX

Physical
    Hair Color: Brown
    Head Hair: Brown Hair 10 inches in length
    Body Hair:
    Facial Hair:
    Left Eye Color: Hazel
    Right Eye Color: Hazel
    Eye Description: Hazel

XXX No other distinctive body features

Clothing and Accessories
    Clothes on the Body: light blue skirt, dark blue jacket, white sandals
    Footwear:
    Jewelry: Carrying a Duffel Bag
    Glasses:
    Other items found with the body:

Fingerprints

Dental

DNA

Images
    There are currently no images available for this case.

Documents
    There are currently no documents available for this case.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-02-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Amazing job!!! And thank you for caring about the missing and unidentified!!!
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

A "wrap-up" article by Ron Fonger, Flint Journal (MI) about how the final ID was made... Thanks again to everyone out there!
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...l#incart_river

Pbuck- while I am so very sad for your loss, I am gratified that you now, at the very least, have some answers.

God bless your family in this time...
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast