Jeff Shapiro

GuruJosh

Inactive
Reaction score
http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/04052001shapiro-qa.htm

you've probably all seen this before. I know there are a couple of ppl here who are new to this case. Personally I only just read PMPT! So i was very surprised at this interview.

Shapiro seems like a good-hearted guy. Obviously he must have been gossipy, to want to write for the Globe. But in the end his good heart (apparently) triumphed.

In PMPT there is a passage where Jeff is pretending to be a christian convert in the church, and has an epiphany about Patsy - that she is the killer (the bit where he hears her say "please please please" over and over in PMPT, or something very similar)

He appears basically to be claiming in this interview that this report is false or exaggerated, perhaps along with the report about his meeting in private with the Rev, where it is very strongly implied that the Rev is struggling to keeping Patsy's guilty secret for the sake of confidentiality and peace.... (edit - also the bit where he pretends not to see Patsy so he doesn't have to say some religious greeting to her)

this interview via Jameson has shaken my enjoyment of PMPT, regardless of your opinion (and it is obviously Jeff's opinion that an intruder probably did it)

i'm a bit pissed off that something that appeared so well researched and accurate is in some ways not accurate at all, according to Shapiro.

There is so much in PMPT (the reported Patsy "we didn't mean for THIS to happen" business for example) that is 3rd-hand, that it is shattered my confidence in trusting many elements from this book.

Any comments? Has my confidence been prematurely shattered?

I have two comments...

1 - Shapiro worked for the Globe. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

2 - Shapiro wasn't the only one to claim inaccuracies in PMPT. Fleet White was another.

I think at the end of the day, you have to be careful believing what you read...especially when it comes to JBR. There are so many sources, and it's hard to really tell what is true.

Jeff Shapiro is a gold-digger, nothing more.

OK, seems everyone hates Jeff. But can you be more specific? In particular, are you saying that his transformation from a PDI theorist to an IDI is fake? or for publicity or some other self-serving reason?

I should have titled this thread differently. My main question is, regardless of your personal opinion of Jeff's character, do you think that he is telling the truth in the Jameson interview, and do you think PMPT is untrustworthy?

so many of this forum's theories seem derived from PMPT statements and innuendos.

I think he milked the cash cow from one side and decided to milk it from the other. I think he pokes his fingers into people's lives for fun and profit and doesn't care who gets hurt so long as it isn't his own sorry skin.

GuruJosh wrote:
Has my confidence been prematurely shattered?

GuruJosh, just put all your confidence about the JBR case in me and you'll be fine. ;)
Tricia
PS. It's a joke Rainsong. I can see the blood spurting out of your eyes now.

Tricia said:
GuruJosh wrote:

GuruJosh, just put all your confidence about the JBR case in me and you'll be fine. ;)
Tricia
PS. It's a joke Rainsong. I can see the blood spurting out of your eyes now.

Never thought it was anything else, Tricia. If you see blood spurting out of my eyes, perhaps you should wipe the ketchup off your glasses. (That's a joke, Tricia:) )

Rainsong

Voice of Reason said:
I have two comments...

1 - Shapiro worked for the Globe. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

2 - Shapiro wasn't the only one to claim inaccuracies in PMPT. Fleet White was another.

I think at the end of the day, you have to be careful believing what you read...especially when it comes to JBR. There are so many sources, and it's hard to really tell what is true.

Voice of Reason

I am very interested to know what Fleet White claimed were inaccuracies in PMPT. Could you tell me what they were or where I could find out?

And isn't there ANYONE else but me who thinks he is highly suspect?

yep aussie sheila, i agree, he seems sus to me too.

that bit where he refused to testify at the GJ is weird; the very fact that he is an oil millionaire (ie a greedy *advertiser censored*!) who "retired" in his mid forties is bizarre, too - don't you think?

i just think he's odd.

GuruJosh said:
yep aussie sheila, i agree, he seems sus to me too.

that bit where he refused to testify at the GJ is weird; the very fact that he is an oil millionaire (ie a greedy *advertiser censored*!) who "retired" in his mid forties is bizarre, too - don't you think?

i just think he's odd.

Oh, so glad to here from you!!!

Are you the person who said he got most of his info from PMPT? Because I did too and I often wonder how influenced I was by Schiller's leanings in the book. Yes everything I read in that book re Fleet White reeked odd to me. And I didn't know he refused to testify at the GJ until now. So that's one extra notch against him as far as I am concerned.

Could we start a new thread?

Suspicious behaviour on the part of Fleet White?

aussiesheila said:
Voice of Reason

I am very interested to know what Fleet White claimed were inaccuracies in PMPT. Could you tell me what they were or where I could find out?

And isn't there ANYONE else but me who thinks he is highly suspect?
Here's an article regarding Fleet White and PMPT.

"Not surprisingly, very little in the book regarding our family and our role in the investigation is true," wrote the Whites, who say they repeatedly refused interview requests from Schiller.

Voice of Reason said:
Here's an article regarding Fleet White and PMPT.

"Not surprisingly, very little in the book regarding our family and our role in the investigation is true," wrote the Whites, who say they repeatedly refused interview requests from Schiller.

Thank you for your reply Voice of Reason and the interesting links

As for the Whites refusing to be interviewed for the Schiller book and then claiming what was written to be lies etc, that is another instance of them acting suspiciously IMO

Good Grief, here we go Fleet White bashing again. He's one of the only people who has maintained integrity throughout this case. He cooperated with LE unlike JB's parents. Yes, he was hacked off at Alex Hunter et al., but who wouldn't be? Alex Hunter and Company couldn't track a bleeding elephant in ten feet of snow. And when it came out that Alex Hunter was giving interviews and suggestions on who to investigate to Jeff Shapiro, I think that little tidbit really gave the White's something to think about! Alex Hunter is dirty, has always been dirty, and always will, IMO. If you have any doubts just look up the Michael Manning case. Just like his sucessor. And don't even get me started on her, Trip DeMuth, or Peter Hofstrom.

Don't you think that Fleet and Priscilla could have made a lot of money by selling their story? Yet, they haven't. Fleet even went to jail, what does that tell you? It tells me he is a very honorable man who wants justice for a little girl who ate her last Christmas dinner at his home! IMO, Fleet cared more for JB than her own father did. I use the term "father" rather flippantly because he allowed Patsy to enter her in all those pageants and never put a foot down, as far as I can see. Whatever Patsy wanted, Patsy got. Money was no object. Even if it meant taking her daughter's childhood away.

BTW, Fleet White only wanted to review his statements to LE before being reinterviewed, a consideration granted to the Ramsey's. Why did Hunter oppose this? Because he knew they were telling the truth, and they were honest from the beginning, unlike the parents. So, why shouldn't it be granted to him and Priscilla? It's not like they tried to evade questioning by LE, like the Ramsey's did. And as far as Priscilla being jealous of Patsy, yeah right!!!! It seems that Priscilla has a husband who stands by her and loves her unlike someone named John Ramsey.

If the real story ever comes out, the White's will be the heroes for keeping their silence. They only want justice for JB, nothing more, nothing less.

All those pageants? From mid 1994 to the end of 1996 I think she was in about 14 pageants. Compare that to the schedule of young swimmers, gymnasts, horse riders, dancers etc, etc, etc.

great_tezi said:
Good Grief, here we go Fleet White bashing again. He's one of the only people who has maintained integrity throughout this case. He cooperated with LE unlike JB's parents. Yes, he was hacked off at Alex Hunter et al., but who wouldn't be? Alex Hunter and Company couldn't track a bleeding elephant in ten feet of snow. And when it came out that Alex Hunter was giving interviews and suggestions on who to investigate to Jeff Shapiro, I think that little tidbit really gave the White's something to think about! Alex Hunter is dirty, has always been dirty, and always will, IMO. If you have any doubts just look up the Michael Manning case. Just like his sucessor. And don't even get me started on her, Trip DeMuth, or Peter Hofstrom.

Don't you think that Fleet and Priscilla could have made a lot of money by selling their story? Yet, they haven't. Fleet even went to jail, what does that tell you? It tells me he is a very honorable man who wants justice for a little girl who ate her last Christmas dinner at his home! IMO, Fleet cared more for JB than her own father did. I use the term "father" rather flippantly because he allowed Patsy to enter her in all those pageants and never put a foot down, as far as I can see. Whatever Patsy wanted, Patsy got. Money was no object. Even if it meant taking her daughter's childhood away.

BTW, Fleet White only wanted to review his statements to LE before being reinterviewed, a consideration granted to the Ramsey's. Why did Hunter oppose this? Because he knew they were telling the truth, and they were honest from the beginning, unlike the parents. So, why shouldn't it be granted to him and Priscilla? It's not like they tried to evade questioning by LE, like the Ramsey's did. And as far as Priscilla being jealous of Patsy, yeah right!!!! It seems that Priscilla has a husband who stands by her and loves her unlike someone named John Ramsey.

If the real story ever comes out, the White's will be the heroes for keeping their silence. They only want justice for JB, nothing more, nothing less.

Excellent post, Tezi. I couldn't agree with you more. I've never understood the FW bashing, and never will. I hope the truth comes out someday, but seriously doubt it ever will.

Excellent post Tezi....Fleet White is saving his statements for the courtroom.

How does "Mr. Mom" turn into a suspect? Patsy stated that Burke and JonBenet adored Fleet and said that Fleet would never hurt JonBenet.

Fleet is still feeling despondent about the day he looked into the wine cellar. He probably is convinced that JonBenet's body was not there earlier.

Where is the source that states Fleet White refused to testify in front of the grand jury?

I understood that Fleet White, JR., Priscilla White, and Fleet White III, all testified before the GJ. In fact, it was Fleet White III who let it be known that BR owned Hi-Tec hiking boots.

Fleet White refused to testify in court about a different case and was sentenced to a short term in jail for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back