Is Amanda Knox guilty or innocent of murdering Meredith Kercher?

Is Amanda Knox guilty or innocent?

• Guilty

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Innocent

Votes: 82 42.9%
  • Don't know?

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Amanda Knox was found guilty of murder for a second time in the killing of her roommate Meredith Kercher.

Do you agree with the verdict?

*You do not have to be a member to vote in this poll!*

The Italian Court got it right this time, there was no corrupt prosecutor, and Sollecito was found Guilty too- what's his excuse???

Wow, it's a WS's first for me - poll is 50/50 guilty/innocent at the moment. I imagine these moments are rare. We are usually in the same camp. Good thing we're all friendly and open-minded.

Guilty and officially a convicted murderer

I voted "I don't know".

If it is true (sorry for being a noob here), that the prosecution is basing their case on the knife found in RS house with AK DNA on handle and MK DNA on the tip, yet the wounds on the victim are too small for the knife; then the prosecutions case loses a LOT of momentum.

However, if the bloody foot print found via luminol on the bath matt belongs to AK, then the procesution's case is pretty damn solid, even without a murder weapon.

I also find it strange that RS wrote in his prison diary that (paraphrasing) "Ive heard they caught an ivorian for the murder, yet I am afraid that the ivorian may come up with strange things about me with regards to this case."
This was written before Guede was convicted and implicated AK and RS in the murder. The causality (foreknowledge that Guede will include his name in this case, before he actually did), is extremely fishy to me.

Every time that I buy Baci chocolate- made in Perugia, I'll be thinking of Amanda!

I can't get past "beyond a reasonable doubt". I can't trust the crime scene evidence. I have reasonable doubt they committied this horrible crime. But I don't believe it should tarnish her future. Although I really dislike Italy justice right now, I still love Italian food!!!!!!!!!!!

The Italian Court got it right this time, there was no corrupt prosecutor, and Sollecito was found Guilty too- what's his excuse???

The Italian court even went so far as to re-test the evidence and look over the facts of the case while letting Amanda walk. That doesn't happen here in the U.S.. People stay in jail until they are proven innocent. I think a lot of people here are missing that the Italian court system went above and beyond in this case to make sure they got it right.

Her confession wasn't allowed into the trial by the judge, but that's rarely mentioned. If they wanted to railroad her the confession would have been allowed in, JMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/world/amanda-knox-evidence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

...Italy's Supreme Court decided in 2013 to retry the case, saying the jury that acquitted Knox and Sollecito didn't consider all the evidence, and that discrepancies in testimony needed to be answered.

On Thursday the acquittals were overturned, and Knox, who remains at her home in Seattle, was sentenced in absentia to 28½ years in prison. Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years....

This is also from that article and it's typical Amanda IMO:

..."I did not expect this to happen. I really expected so much better from the Italian justice system," she said. "They found me innocent before. How can they say that it's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?...

They found her guilty before. There's no mention about being found guilty TWICE! They re-examined the case, and found her guilty. She skews the facts to make herself look innocent. I remember seeing on the FOA site that they have put up evidence for Amanda while leaving out the rest that shows her guilt. (I'm really wish I'd saved those links.)

Wow! This CNN article isn't researched very well;

...Their recollection of events, they admitted, was hazy from the drugs, but both swore they went back to the house the next morning. Knox says she was unable to gain entry - and called police....

The door was open wide when she went back in the morning and she went in. She showered and changed clothes while missing the fact that her lamp had been taken from her room. It's Meredith's door that was locked and they couldn't gain entry to. (I'm missing some things here that point to her guilt that I can't remember.)

Mistakes were made on the site for Meredith Kercher too, but I didn't find any as bad as the ones I heard from the FOA site.

With this being such a HUGE international case I think they gave her a bigger break than the normal Italian citizen would get.

It also bugs me that people seem to think that Italy is a third world country without proper forensic techniques.

When this trial was originally going on I had gone through a mountain of evidence and linked it all. After her original conviction I deleted the folder. I remember being more than sure she was guilty, but exactly what I don't know.

I think something got out of hand and Knox went along with Rudy and Raphael and might have been more involved than that. She might have suggested it. I don't know. I'm 99.99999% sure she was involved. I'm willing to put my soul on the line that she was involved in this in some capacity. It's my belief that she played a major role. (I.E. helping to hold Meredith down or something.)

Yes, they got it right! GUILTY!!!!

Agreed.

Same nation that convicted Italian seismologists of manslaughter. Pfft.

Every country has wrong convictions. Look at how many people are being released from prison due to the innocence project now. Italians could point to that if someone from their country were convicted here.

I think what this comes down to is what you choose to believe. We do know that Amanda fingered the night club owner who had taken her off her job and moved her down while promoting Meredith. The guy lost his business while he was in jail.

She plays the "I was a little girl caught in a scary situation in a foreign country." to the hilt. I think people fall for it. Someone who called into NG one night said something to the effect of: "Somebody who looks like that couldn't be guilty of murder." There are a lot of people, not saying you wfgogot, that have no grip on any of the evidence and only go by the look of the criminal and especially since it happened in a foreign country it has to be the evil government railroading her. JMO

I believe that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are innocent. There is NO evidence to connect them with the death of Meredith. Amanda's prints should be on the knife and any other belongings or furniture, because she lived there. Aside from the lack of physical evidence, it logically makes no sense. She and Raffaele were in the beginnings of a new romantic relationship. Why would they care at all what relationships Meredith was involved in or not. The "legal" system in Italy is extremely messed up, and this last "guilty" verdict is an exercise for them to save face. Politics, pay offs and schemes are the rule, not the exception. Having lived in Italy, we in the US can not even begin to understand how ridiculous the system is there.

I have tried and tried to get past this because I live in the Pacific Northwest and most of my friends think she's innocent, but I am always left with this very strong feeling that AK was involved. Something really seems "off" to me when I see her interviewed about this case--my BS meter just starts pinging. It's possible that I could be incorrect, but I have always had a really good sense of reading people and I'm picking up on something very sketchy/dishonest. She may have not been the person who caused the fatal wound, but I definitely think she played a role in what happened to poor MK. So I'm voting guilty on this poll.
However the one thing I will add. . . I'm not sure if I could come to a guilt verdict if I were a member of the jury--it may simply be a case (as some other cases that have gone to the court) that although a juror may be pretty sure someone committed the crime, the prosecution is unable to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. I would say I am about 95% sure that she is guilty, but to me, that leaves room for reasonable doubt (at least in my mind). So I guess if she is truly guilty, I can just hope that karma takes care of it.
RIP, Meredith.

The Italian court even went so far as to re-test the evidence and look over the facts of the case while letting Amanda walk. That doesn't happen here in the U.S.. People stay in jail until they are proven innocent.

Great post, but I just have to point out that in the U.S nobody is "proven innocent" of a crime. You're either "guilty" or "not guilty" in a court of law. Just as there are wrongful convictions there are also people who are wrongly acquitted. Just saying.

Also, I opted for "I don't know". Since I'm not as familiar with all the facts to this particular case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73