1286 users online (221 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I've been looking for some legal precedent as to whether Knox would be extradited or not. I found bloomfield vs. gengler, in which some Americans were initially accused of importing and exporting drugs from Canada. Their case was dismissed, the dismissal was then overturned and they were found guilty in absentia.
    The convicted Americans fought their extradition, one of the grounds being double jeopardy, and the court did find that if they had been acquitted in the U.S. they couldn't be tried again. But they were convicted in Canada, and since their crime of importing drugs is a crime in America and there was sufficient evidence to criminality to have justified the trial, that is all the treaty requires. Double jeopardy doesn't come into play under extradition laws.

http://openjurist.org/507/f2d/925/un...ler-e-ettinger

Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    Brought over from last thread.

The Kercher family have no control over the judicial process, or the verdict. Lashing out at them seems deeply unfair.

I find it disturbing how MSM has tried to twist the words of the Kercher siblings. IMO, they have tried to make it look like the family just wants this to end and that they aren't convinced of the guilt of the accused.

Lyle stated he wanted to see AK extradited.

They were also put in the position, once again, of turning down correspondence from AK. Does she think if they were to accept a letter from her it would make it look like they thought she wasn't involved? I think they've made their feelings pretty clear.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    link link

Owl read as you continue discussion here...

Just wanted to thank you for the adorable photos you post at thread starts. I look forward to them and these are just so freaking cute I can barely stand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-knox...Fid%3D22295682

Nothing has changed in Amanda's choice of words and how she says things.
    This line stands out to me

" The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence.

What innocent person says this? Why not simply say there's no evidence because I'm completely innocent, instead she says they couldn't prove their case BARD in her opinion. Blows my mind the things she continues to say.

Seems quite a few legal experts are adamant that Knox will be extradited, if (more like when) Italy ask.

http://news.sky.com/story/1204117/am...tradited-by-us

Quote Originally Posted by I Must Break You View Post
    I've been looking for some legal precedent as to whether Knox would be extradited or not. I found bloomfield vs. gengler, in which some Americans were initially accused of importing and exporting drugs from Canada. Their case was dismissed, the dismissal was then overturned and they were found guilty in absentia.
    The convicted Americans fought their extradition, one of the grounds being double jeopardy, and the court did find that if they had been acquitted in the U.S. they couldn't be tried again. But they were convicted in Canada, and since their crime of importing drugs is a crime in America and there was sufficient evidence to criminality to have justified the trial, that is all the treaty requires. Double jeopardy doesn't come into play under extradition laws.

http://openjurist.org/507/f2d/925/un...ler-e-ettinger
    I will be surprised if the US denies extradition. This was a murder of a British woman in Italy. I would hope that the Brits would add some pressure to the US having to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post

" The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence.

What innocent person says this? Why not simply say there's no evidence because I'm completely innocent, instead she says they couldn't prove their case BARD in her opinion. Blows my mind the things she continues to say.
    Yes, and that was even from her statement after the verdict which was sent out to the media, right? You would think statements like those would be read-over by her team, and any of them should have know what kind of weird verbage that is. But I guess she didn't want to listen to anyone.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

I just watched the GMA interview post-verdict. Her voice is constantly poised right at the edge of tears, the high tremor, on the edge of crying. This would be understandable, of course, that one might be on the verge of tears--but there's something about it that seems so forced to me, how long she sustains this tone in her voice-- like she's acting. It doesn't seem genuine. There's also a lot of word salad, talking about nothing, just to fill space, and right, not a lot of just straight up "I am innocent". It's all about being a victim. She drops in the reference to talking to the priest at the prison and makes it sound like he supports her. She wants us all to know how compassionate she is for Raphael and the Kerchers. It just seems like a performance to me. Totally unscientific, I know, and other people will read her differently. I'm just kind of fascinated by the behavior of people who seem to me to be narcissistic. The subtle ways they twist things and manipulate language, especially. JMO IMO of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Yes, and that was even from her statement after the verdict which was sent out to the media, right? You would think statements like those would be read-over by her team, and any of them should have know what kind of weird verbage that is. But I guess she didn't want to listen to anyone.
    Yes that's her statement released after the verdict. I agree I don't know why someone wouldn't point out to her how that sounds. Or maybe you're right and she doesn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post

I find her verbiage & mannerisms fascinating!

(Not in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by song22 View Post
    I just watched the GMA interview post-verdict. Her voice is constantly poised right at the edge of tears, the high tremor, on the edge of crying. This would be understandable, of course, that one might be on the verge of tears--but there's something about it that seems so forced to me, how long she sustains this tone in her voice-- like she's acting. It doesn't seem genuine. There's also a lot of word salad, talking about nothing, just to fill space, and right, not a lot of just straight up "I am innocent". It's all about being a victim. She drops in the reference to talking to the priest at the prison and makes it sound like he supports her. She wants us all to know how compassionate she is for Raphael and the Kerchers. It just seems like a performance to me. Totally unscientific, I know, and other people will read her differently. I'm just kind of fascinated by the behavior of people who seem to me to be narcissistic. The subtle ways they twist things and manipulate language, especially. JMO IMO of course!!
    I completely agree I've talked to numerous people who have believed what they've read in media of her being innocent until they've seen her in a interview. She does herself no favors because she does not come off as genuine at all. I agree she comes off as a narcissist and it is constantly about me,me,me.

Quote Originally Posted by song22 View Post
    If you think that is bad, you should see her other interviews. In this one, I think she was actually shaken because she knows she's been caught. And he has real fear that she will have to spend 28 years in prison. Of course, it was still about "me me me," but that's understandable in that situation, on the day after your verdict of Guilty has been read and you're faced with the reality.

I could tell she was actually shaken in that interview b/c if you noticed, she would sort of forget her pre-rehearsed lines. She's start saying them, but then get kind of nervious, and then go to "ummm...." until she could remember the rest of the line. And she was getting kind of confused and mixing up lines.

In other interviews, when she's not as nervous, she is very poised and she spits out her pre-rehearsed lines one after the other. There are no pauses. She has gotten her lines down by now.

In this one, she actually forgot some of her lines.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I find her verbiage & mannerisms fascinating!

(Not in a good way)

I have always found her statements to be very narcissistic.

Most all of it is going on and on about 'poor me' and very little about the young woman who was brutally murdered.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Excellent article!
    http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22306461&sid=76

Amanda Knox is a convicted killer: the decision is (almost) final

The media may take her side, but Amanda Knox's guilt has been upheld by a serious court of law
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/aman...#ixzz2rzgu1Luw

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast