822 users online (75 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

St. Martin Parish. 12/05/81

Could st. Martin parish Jane doe be Helen.

Height, hair, eyes, ages?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could see it. She's slightly younger than the minimum age, though.

THis is the only link I could find about St. Parish JD
    http://canyouidentifyme.org/StMartin...oeDecember1981

She had a blood alcohol content of .3 when she died. That's insane! I've heard of people dying from alcohol poisoning at .25

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    I could see it. She's slightly younger than the minimum age, though.

THis is the only link I could find about St. Parish JD
    http://canyouidentifyme.org/StMartin...oeDecember1981

She had a blood alcohol content of .3 when she died. That's insane! I've heard of people dying from alcohol poisoning at .25
    Am not familiar with the UP & am on my way out. Here is her NamUs info -
    NamUs UP # 5819 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Georgia Nolan 1946 Kentucky
    Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
    Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

Someone turned in Helen for PA Beth Doe and was told Helen had already been compared and ruled out.

I know Helen could not be Beth because Beth had isotopes done, she's from Western or Central Europe; Helen has never been out of Chicago.

I hope they're not making ruleouts on the basis of such an untested technology.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I hope they're not making ruleouts on the basis of such an untested technology.
    No, I don't think they did. The person at NamUs said they were already compared and ruled out.

Helen has been added to Doe Net

3553DFIL - Helen Marie Green
    Name: Helen Marie Green
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: January 01, 1971
    Location Last Seen: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
    Physical Description
    Date of Birth: January 20, 1958
    Race: White
    Height: 5'0"
    Weight: 100 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Helen is of Greek ancestry.
    Identifiers
    Dentals: Not Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Available
    Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Unknown
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Helen Green was last seen in Southside Chicago in 1971. She ran away from home and was never seen again.
    Investigating Agency(s)
    Agency Name: Chicago Police Department
    Agency Contact Person: Detective Mark Skweres
    Agency Phone Number: 312-747-5789
    Agency E-Mail: N/A
    Agency Case Number: Unknown
    NCIC Case Number: Unknown
    NamUs Case Number: 24164
    Information Source(s)
    Namus
    North American Missing Persons Network
    Admin Notes
    Added: 5/5/2016; Last Updated: 5/5/2016
    Submit an update to this case file.
    Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team
    ** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3553dfil.html

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
    SSA and I believe Helen has been found, we are waiting on DNA confirmation. Out of respect for and at the request of family we can not release any details at this time.

Helen and her family are in our prayers

I have lurked on her thread for some time. Felt a connection as we had the same name. Hope she is alive and lived a better life.

Hello, I was making a few posts about some matches I sent in recently and Helen was one of them.
    I actually sent it in the day before roselvr just posted, only july 27. I hope we get some news soon, I was "working" on this case for a few days straight.
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703

helenmgreen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by winterrayne View Post
    Hello, I was making a few posts about some matches I sent in recently and Helen was one of them.
    I actually sent it in the day before roselvr just posted, only july 27. I hope we get some news soon, I was "working" on this case for a few days straight.

If both the missing person and unidentified remains have DNA available in CODIS, they would be automatically compared, however, the missing person will not be put on the rule out list unless it's a manual comparison. I've confirmed this with a NamUs rep. This should save time in future searches. It's the second place I check now (after looking at the rule out list).

I'm thinking with the recent developments hinted at in this case that the DNA comparison is not with a current or known Jane Doe with a completed DNA profile in NamUs, but maybe someone more recent, or it falls along the lines of an Anita Drake scenario. Sending positive thoughts to Helen and her family. Thank you, Rose and SSA for keeping us up to date.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    If both the missing person and unidentified remains have DNA available in CODIS, they would be automatically compared, however, the missing person will not be put on the rule out list unless it's a manual comparison. I've confirmed this with a NamUs rep. This should save time in future searches. It's the second place I check now (after looking at the rule out list).

I'm thinking with the recent developments hinted at in this case that the DNA comparison is not with a current or known Jane Doe with a completed DNA profile in NamUs, but maybe someone more recent, or it falls along the lines of an Anita Drake scenario. Sending positive thoughts to Helen and her family. Thank you, Rose and SSA for keeping us up to date.
    Thanks for the reply, Im a little confused. So they (in this case helen) should have already been compared (since they are both in namus), but just not listed under the jane does exclusion list unless someone manually checks then against each other? Is that correct?
    And what's the second place to look at besides the exclusion list?
    I've been in namus constantly the past couple weeks, I don't want to miss anything on how to use it!
    Thank you!

Thanks for the reply, Im a little confused. So they (in this case helen) should have already been compared (since they are both in namus), but just not listed under the jane does exclusion list unless someone manually checks then against each other? Is that correct?
    And what's the second place to look at besides the exclusion list?
    I've been in namus constantly the past couple weeks, I don't want to miss anything on how to use it!
    Thank you!
    Yes, that is correct. Since Helen has a completed DNA profile, she is/has been/will be automatically checked against any set of unidentified remains that also have a completed DNA profile, and will be compared to cases as they are added/updated with DNA. If you see that both have DNA profiles, then they have been compared (or will be if DNA for one or the other is pending). If they both have DNA profiles, they've most likely already been compared (and ruled out) even if the missing person does not appear on the rule out list. The NamUs rep said there are just to many auto rule outs to be able to list each and every single one, so they only post manually compared ones.

There are some exceptions, but they are rare. I recently sent in a possible match for a set of remains even though DNA was available for both, because the circumstances specifically stated that comparisons would only be made manually.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - the first place I look is at the rule out list for the UP, then I check to the DNA tab to see if there is a profile. If there is no DNA, I check for fingerprints and dental records. There's really no definitive way to use NamUs, I usually look at everything, but to save time and energy, I check the identifiers first, because if they have none, there's no way to make a comparison, unfortunately.

All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    SSA and I believe Helen has been found, we are waiting on DNA confirmation. Out of respect for and at the request of family we can not release any details at this time.

Helen and her family are in our prayers
    Thank you for this update. So hopeful that this child, Helen, can be returned to her family.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

helenmgreen.jpg
    IIRC a poster paired these two images, and compared these with images of "Lori Kennedy Ruff," deceased in Texas. That decedent is now identified as Kimberly (can't remember the surname, sorry!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast